Problem with Double Take Studios

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently won a free photo appointment at Double Take Studios; when I attended I was pretty much coerced into booking another paid appointment.

I don't want to go any more, but according to the website terms and conditions, "If for any reason you fail to attend your appointment, a no show charge of £125 will apply for each appointment. This charge will be applied to the card used for the original booking fee." [http://www.doubletake-london.co.uk/tandc.html] (it's under 7 days until the appointment is due)

I've already paid a £25 deposit which I assume I've lost. But can anyone please advise whether it's an unfair contract clause, and I should phone the bank to stop the no show charge and write to the studio, or if it is actually a fair clause and I don't have a leg to stand on?

Thanks very much

When did you get the confirmation of your booking?

Unfortunately it was nearly a fortnight ago, so I won't be able to cancel by just phoning up and asking them. The next appointment is in under 7 days.

I just wondered if it was an unfair contract clause or amount (£125) they propose to charge, and if I could ask the bank to cancel payment and write them a letter telling them so.

As the appointment is in less than 7 days I would still ring up and cancel it. They then cannot apply a no show charge and you have been reasonable in contacting them and giving them notice.

I'm not sure what they will try and charge if you cancel.

You could tell them that you have given them enough notice and you will not accept being charged. If they do you will reclaim it plus costs thru mcol. Alternatively, you could ring up your card provider and tell them you have lost the card, which they will make sure no more transactions take place and issue you with a new one.

• 1 year later...

Double take the REAL experience , the intial day hair, makeup and photos was really good loved every minute. But then as we when

waiting for photographs , we wer given the chance to get money off our photos and win some makeup, we thought great whats the catch it was to recommend friends the more numbers we give the more we got off we were told. We were advised that they would send out a text and not ring our friends which we said fine. Then couple of days later we found that most of my friends were getting bombarded with calls up to four calls in a day. My mum was one of the ones called she was persueded to pay a non refundable despoit given no date and said they would be in contact within the same hour i got her to cancel. so they accepted her decline but said the deposit was not returnable which was fine. A few days went by and she recieved a letter saying she had an appointment and that if she did not turn up she WOULD be charged £125 . I got on the phone striaght away to complain they said the cancelation had reached them and the letter went out automatic they said there would be no charge . As we got into the viewing room we watch our slides and some pictures were altered to entice us to buy and get touchups.. The photos were very good but i did not like all of them , the women that was in there made us sign something that said there was no pressure selling but there definately was . She was trying everything in her power to get us to chose the top package. I personally stuck to my guns and got a lower package un like my friend. YOU HAVE TO BE AWARE THAT ONCE YOU LEAVE THAT ROOM AND SIGNED YOU CANNOT CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR PACKAGE IT SAYS THAT YOU HAVE 14 DAYS COOLING PERIOD , THIS IS NOT THE CASE YOU CAN CANCEL BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO REPAY THE CREDIT WHAT A JOKE . SO THERE IS NO GETTING OUT OF IT. I am happy with my pictures but they are very overpriced @ £1000 and my friend got the top package which was reduced from £4000 to £2000 , we were told to pay desposit straight away and it was all so rushed.. Once my friend recieved her pictures she was horrified that 5 of her pictures had been touched up despite having the top package.. Trying to speak to the company itself has been a complete nightmare they just don't want to know... Very bad AFTERSALES and overpriced ... not a happy customer its a shame after such a good day to start with .

• 10 months later...