Me against Intrum , have defeated NCO Europe already.............

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am in dispute with a debt Collection agency called Intrum Justitia

who are the second debt collectors trying to get the huge sum of

£ 1X.XX ( I won't post the exact amount for obvious reasons )

but it is between £ 10 and £ 15 .

It all started 11/2 Years ago , when I sold an Original Old Postcard

of the German Heavy Cruiser Prinz Eugen on Ebay , and was paid by Paypal , I offered the buyer from Europe recorded delivery option , but he declined .

anyway 1 month later , with no news ...he pops up and declares the

Postcard lost - and says I must refund him .

I say no - you had option of recorded - anyway I had gotten sick of Paypal ( I knew of problems with it

thru Paypalsucks.com ) and decided to close a/c with Paypal .

Buyer gets Paypal to do a chargeback on my ( closed ) Paypal A/c

anyway ignored e-mail from paypal

and 1 year ago , get a Telephone Call from man demanding to identify myself - I had a laugh to myself and said who I was ( I was dumb ) and thought it all a joke ( thought he was a seller ) then tables turned around on me ........he was from NCO Europe

becomes very rude and totally aggressive = I refuse to acknowledge any debt and argue with him , and he threatens me with CCJ

I said I will pay.......send me an invoice , and hung up .

I got a bit calmer , then I became very angry and say -

no way am I paying you

for this , after the way you have treated me.

I bin the invoice debt note - and then later receive two cards in succession -

saying a " MR Brown will call in person ,at your house

( still waiting, NCO !! ) .......and then the telephone calls started .

true unbridled harassment .........

I refused to return them , and hang up , or deleted the messages left on my phone .

I only called them back once , and hung up when they asked my a/c details - I can vouch that a letter asking them to stop calling is a waste of time ( it was at least for me )

and I used all the legal stuff in it , copied from another website ) so it was a good letter threatening them with legal options -

trouble is , it had no effect !

They started to call me in the morning ( early 8am ) - so I Choose to refuse thru BT - so the calls thru several numbers are blocked -

sheer Heaven

they used different numbers ......... then after a year - give up

I got a letter last week ( was expecting it , as i follow on-line debt forums ) from round 2 challengers - Intrum Justitia

and then 2nd letter , note that the debt hasd been increased by a fiver -

I have refused to answer calls - won't reveal what tactics i use , due to fact might be on-line folks from debt agencies watching

question is .......... what next should I expect ( forewarned etc )

look forward to hearing what others say , I am lucky that I have a strong will , but any normal person could get ground down

( my advice - never give Up )

Edited by 73north

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, my Brother ( who works for the Council in Building Control ) was absolutely astonishedthat they kept up this campaign for a year -

and its not even a hundred pounds , its just over a tenner !!

I am so glad I do not owe several hundred pounds , if this is what it is like

I have a BIG respect for anyone who gets hounded - it ain't nice

and I can add I work in a high pressure outfit ( Operating Theatre )

so I am no push-over, but that first call nearly pushed me to the brink .

I knew that there was no way they could take me to court - via the Small Claims Court - as it has to be above £ 50 ( and I took my Bank to Court - 2 years ago for bank charges , via Small Claims Court , which was stopped due the appeal in the High Court about to start )

so I knew how much work is involved -

I totally agree , it is amazing

I now send everything I sell , recorded delivery , so no comeback

If anyone reading this , learns one thing - beware Paypal chargeback

they will hound you if you close the a/c , and it is in debit

( another essential - never leave the paypal a/c

with large sum of money

in it , in case it gets frozen - transfer often , into your bank )

best advice I can ever give

regards

The other option is AirSure - with Royal Mail ( costs £ 6.50 )

which is trackable ............

thing was it was my fault not to understand , in the past , that if you don't send ebay items by trackable or signed for mail -

then you run the real risk of losing the product and the money , plus postage , if you get paid using paypal

big mistake that still happens

Edited by 73north

AirSure is only tracked until it leaves the UK.

Doesnt give any proof of delivery.

What you do is get a Proof of Postage reciept (free) when you post the item.

This covers you up to £36.

In the event that something goes astray, you refund the buyer straight off, then claim against RM.

Hi,

Finding this hard to believe really, based on what the OP has stated. Paypal will have a record and for that matter Ebay also of the transaction that took place with yourself and your buyer. They will obviously see that your buyer never opted for the more expensive (signed for) postal service you offered. If the buyer wants to scrimp and save over items which maybe lost in transit that's his problem surely.

Regards.

"If the buyer wants to scrimp and save over items which maybe lost in transit that's his problem surely."

Insurance is for the seller's benefit. Its the seller's problem if something goes astray. If you paid for something by mail order which you didnt get, would you just shrug your shoulders?

Buyers are covered by Paypal's buyer protection in the event that something doesnt arrive, so there is no need to pay for any extra insurance.

If they pay by credit card they also get absolute protection from their credit card company under s.75 of the Consumer Credit Act.

If you pay for something just doesnt arrive, just contact your card issuer and they will recredit your account. Card issuer will then tell Paypal to reimburse them. Paypal will do as they are told and as 73north has discovered, hound the seller without mercy.

Without any proof that the item was delivered to the buyer, the seller is up sh!te creek without a paddle.

Always, always send stuff signed for/trackable. Its in your own interest as a seller to do so.

Edited by noomill060

Hi,

Finding this hard to believe really, based on what the OP has stated. Paypal will have a record and for that matter Ebay also of the transaction that took place with yourself and your buyer. They will obviously see that your buyer never opted for the more expensive (signed for) postal service you offered. If the buyer wants to scrimp and save over items which maybe lost in transit that's his problem surely.

The trouble is that Ebay doesn't give a damn about anybody , but themselves - they are not interested in me ( or you )

they are only interested in profit

as for me making this up about paypal - try

and look at www.paypalsucks.com

then see if this is so hard to believe

I got off lightly :lol:

NCO also have a P. Green working for them! (Allegedly!!) :rolleyes:

As 73north does owe Paypal a tenner due to Paypal having refunded a buyer over an item not received, it would seem sensible for 73 to reimburse them the tenner, then claiming it back from Royal Mail.

Dear Noomill060 -

As 73north does owe Paypal a tenner due to Paypal having refunded a buyer over an item not received, it would seem sensible for 73 to reimburse them the tenner, then claiming it back from Royal Mail -

thanks

kind regards

Edited by 73north

73-

Correct me if this not the situation:

1) You sold something for a tenner. The buyer paid by Paypal and you pocketed the money.

2) The buyer claimed they didnt receive it and you have no evidence to the contrary

3) The buyer quite rightly did a chargeback, but you were unable to proviode any reason why they shouldnt get their money back

4) Paypal refunded the buyer a tenner out of Paypal's money

5) Paypal now want you to cough up the tenner you owe then.

Do correct me if Im wrong.

Can you even show that you posted the item?

No.

There are some battles worth fighting, but this isnt one of them.

Dear Noomill060 -

As 73north does owe Paypal a tenner due to Paypal having refunded a buyer over an item not received, it would seem sensible for 73 to reimburse them the tenner, then claiming it back from Royal Mail -

When I want your advice , I will ask for it .:!: but you don't know what you are talking about ,you are talking nonsense and

you have added nothing to this discussion except go off-topic all the time

if you are trying to be annoying , you have not succeeded

:lol:

kind regards

ok , reality time folks

1/ a debt of this amount can't be taken to court

2/ surely if you don't want the hassle 15 quid is a small price to pay

3/ if you don't want to pay you either totally ignore them or eventually pay 15 quid or more in postage and letters

4/ with the very greatest of respect- 15 quid and your'e starting a thread on this forum?

Dear Noomill060 -

When I want your advice , I will ask for it .:!: but you don't know what you are talking about ,you are talking nonsense and

you have added nothing to this discussion except go off-topic all the time

if you are trying to be annoying , you have not succeeded

:lol:

kind regards

You came here specifically asking for advice and I have given you mine.

Clearly not what you wanted to hear, but that is not my problem, nor is your obvious lack of knowledge of Paypal and the Consumer Action Group.

Edited by noomill060

Of course, a debt of £10 can brought before a Court. The claim would be for £10, plus the court fee,, all other costs plus County Court interest at 8% pa at a daily rate, on top. If you dont pay up you get a CCJ and a visit from bailiff, same as any other CCJ.

If someone annoyed me enough, I'd certainly put them through it!

Excuse me - :D

No.

How do you know > - I posted the item and have the postal slip

as regards right and wrong -

I was not asking for a tirade here .......

just how the debt collectors operate - £ 10 to £ 15 it don't matter

much , it is the small principle of being hounded for a debt I don't owe

as regards nor is you obvious lack of knowledge of Paypal and the Consumer Action Group

I have more knowledge of Paypal , than you think ,but I will save my breath

and as regards diddydicky-

with the greatest respect - ever heard of free speech

Im Scottish jibe

I will treat that remark with the utmost contempt it deserves ............

1314 and all that :lol:

"I have more knowledge of Paypal , than you think"

Then you are well aware that for a seller to win a chargeback non-delivery complaint, Paypal require proof of DELIVERY, not just proof of posting.

When I buy something, I want to actually receive the thing Ive paid for, not just have the seller vainly waving evidence showing that they posted something to me!

Of course, a debt of £10 can brought before a Court. The claim would be for £10, plus the court fee,, all other costs plus County Courtinterest at 8% pa at a daily rate, on top. If you dont pay up you get a CCJ and a visit from bailiff, same as any other CCJ.

if it was that easy - why didn't NCO do that

simple they would lose money - plus they have to show evidence

I owe this debt - which i doubt the other lot have

anyway - do I sound worried .............. No

as regards

Then you are well aware that to win a chargeback, Paypal require proof of DELIVERY, not proof of posting.

old story - wise after the event

didn't I say that first time round ?

Of course, a debt of £10 can brought before a Court. The claim would be for £10, plus the court fee,, all other costs plus County Court interest at 8% pa at a daily rate, on top. If you dont pay up you get a CCJ and a visit from bailiff, same as any other CCJ.

If someone annoyed me enough, I'd certainly put them through it!

i stand to be corrected but i am pretty sure there is a minimum50 limit to issue a summons (may be even more by now as i thought that was the ccase many years ago)

i am sure you will enlighten me if i am wrong

Excuse me - :D

No.

How do you know > - I posted the item and have the postal slip

as regards right and wrong -

I was not asking for a tirade here .......

just how the debt collectors operate - £ 10 to £ 15 it don't matter

much , it is the small principle of being hounded for a debt I don't owe

as regards nor is you obvious lack of knowledge of Paypal and the Consumer Action Group

I have more knowledge of Paypal , than you think ,but I will save my breath

and as regards diddydicky-

with the greatest respect - ever heard of free speech

Im Scottish jibe

I will treat that remark with the utmost contempt it deserves ............

1314 and all that :lol:

so long as you pay us back the loans for building the oil platforms when you declare independence (lol)