Requested CCA, received terms and conditions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have a debt dating from around 1995. I have been paying monthly ever since to a debt collecting agency. I had a default on my credit reference for this debt for 6 years, which eventually fell away.

As I am fairly sure I must have paid off a great deal if not all of the original debt, I recently I sent a S77/78 CCA request asking for a copy of my original agreement and a statement. After 6 weeks, they sent though an illegible copy of a single page headed "Barclaycard Conditions of Use" (no reference date) and a letter stating:

"I would like to bring your attention to the Office of Fair Trading, who have stated that a copy of the terms and conditions of the account without the customers signature is sufficient to comply with a reuest for a copy agreement".

I have two questions:

1. Is this correct and do they only have to supply me with a copy of some miscellaneous conditions of use to prevent the debt being in dispute, thus allowing them to continue to harrass me?

2. Are they able to put another default on my credit reference account if they already put one on in 1995?

I am aware they would be unable/unlikely to take me to court without an original agreement, but I wouldn't want to screw up my perfectly good credit rating. I don't, however, want to keep paying them if I have no idea how much I owed in the first place and what the balance is. I have never received a statement from them.

I am aware this question has been asked before, I have tried to find the answer on the forum but there is so much info, I get lost in threads!

Thanks for your help

Olddebts

Hi everyone,

I have a debt dating from around 1995. I have been paying monthly ever since to a debt collecting agency. I had a default on my credit reference for this debt for 6 years, which eventually fell away.

As I am fairly sure I must have paid off a great deal if not all of the original debt, I recently I sent a S77/78 CCA request asking for a copy of my original agreement and a statement. After 6 weeks, they sent though an illegible copy of a single page headed "Barclaycard Conditions of Use" (no reference date) and a letter stating:

"I would like to bring your attention to the Office of Fair Trading, who have stated that a copy of the terms and conditions of the account without the customers signature is sufficient to comply with a reuest for a copy agreement".

I have two questions:

1. Is this correct and do they only have to supply me with a copy of some miscellaneous conditions of use to prevent the debt being in dispute, thus allowing them to continue to harrass me?

They can try to get away with this but if they tried to enforce the agreement in a court they would look very silly

2. Are they able to put another default on my credit reference account if they already put one on in 1995?

NO

I am aware they would be unable/unlikely to take me to court without an original agreement, but I wouldn't want to screw up my perfectly good credit rating. I don't, however, want to keep paying them if I have no idea how much I owed in the first place and what the balance is. I have never received a statement from them.

Have you thought about sending a Subject Access Request?

I am aware this question has been asked before, I have tried to find the answer on the forum but there is so much info, I get lost in threads!

Thanks for your help

Olddebts

It does no harm to name and shame the DCA :D We like it!

With a SAR, you will get back(or should do) all the info BC have on the account. If you decide that's the route you wish to go, let us know and we'll help with the letters.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Robinson Way (but aren't they all as bad as eachother?)

It was a credit card. Haven't had a statement in 13 years, just the occasional balance and threats. I will send a "you have failed" letter and then ignore them.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Oddebts

Robinson Way (but aren't they all as bad as eachother?)

It was a credit card. Haven't had a statement in 13 years, just the occasional balance and threats. I will send a "you have failed" letter and then ignore them.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Oddebts

robbers way, failed again,:lol:so so predictable.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

I'm dealing with Lowell for a similar old debt too, but they really surprised me by sending a letter saying 'can't find the agreement, we're closing your file'. We thought they would fight like Robinson Way.

Moorcroft said, and I quote "The ICO hs confirmed that whereas a debtor is not obliged to repay the account due to the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act, this does not mean that there was no enforceable agreement. Our client will continue to report the conduct of your account to the various credit reference agencies..." As the account is no longer listed with any credit reference agency, and hasn't been for years, I decided to ignore this too.

Its just Robinson Way who are really kicking up rough.

Olddebts

I'm dealing with Lowell for a similar old debt too, but they really surprised me by sending a letter saying 'can't find the agreement, we're closing your file'. We thought they would fight like Robinson Way.

low lifes tend to fall at the first hurdle:lol:

Moorcroft said, and I quote "The ICO hs confirmed that whereas a debtor is not obliged to repay the account due to the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act, this does not mean that there was no enforceable agreement. Our client will continue to report the conduct of your account to the various credit reference agencies..." As the account is no longer listed with any credit reference agency, and hasn't been for years, I decided to ignore this too.:D:D:D

Its just Robinson Way who are really kicking up rough.

kick back harder.cag style:smile:

Olddebts

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER