Ruthbridge Limited help needed

nowayjose

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

In the past week I have received 3 letters from Ruthbridge regarding an alleged Credit Card debt with Providian.

The first letter was addressed to the Occupier, asking to phone them quoting a ref number, with no mention of which debt they are collecting... of course I didnt phone them... The next letter arrived a couple of days later addressed to me, and says that they have been instructed by their client to retrieve the outstanding balance in full. Failure to do so may result in legal action being commenced by their client.... then the usual threats of County Court Judgement, County Court Bailiffs levying goods to be sold at auction, An attachment of earnings order, and a Charging order on my property. Full balance to be paid within seven days...

Todays letter says:- We have been instructed by our client to recover this outstanding debt.

It is imperative that you contact us to arrange a time for a local agent to call. If you have not established contact with this department within the next seven days, a local agent may call between the hours of :

Monday - Friday 7.00am-9.00pm and Saturday 7.00am-5.30pm

Then they give methods of payment

Can anyone advise a letter to send to them please

Thanks

NWJ -x-;)

Was the 1st letter this one

To - The Occupier!!!

My address

Please contact the undersigned immediately on freephone 0800 6888310 quoting reference XXXXXXXX/XX

Yours sincerely

X XXXXXXX

Customer relations officer.

If so report them to the OFT.

If you know nothing about the debt and they are not stating who the original creditor is send them a proove it letter. DO NOT phone them ever, if they ring you refuse to answer their security qustions and put the phone down. Don't like them scare you, they have no powers whatsoever dispite what they tell you. The will be no bailiffs or anything else without a court order being issued, so don't let their scare tactic worry you.

Dear Sir/Madam

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY OR YOUR CLIENT.

Ref: XXXXXXX

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to XXXXX or your client XXXXX.

I would therefore ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed, otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and consider informing the OFT of your actions. As your company is also a member of the CSA you are required to abide by their Code of Practice and failing to do so could render you liable to prosecution under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

In the letter you advise you may arrange for an agent to call at my home address.

Should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Ruthless and their shower of threat monkeys are well known on here. Threatening to send 'a local agent' to call with you is a breach of the OFT guidelines and more so when they say it could be between 7 am and 9 pm.

This shower are easily dispatched when proof is asked for. Send Alfs letter for a start and if they send any more begging letters then follow up with a CCA request. That will be the last you hear from the muppets

Thanks Alf and ODC.. Yes that was the first letter they sent to me, and they also phoned a couple of times, but my phone does not accept withheld numbers and Ive got caller display and I wont answer any number I dont recognise, they phoned twice last week, I phoned the number back and there was a recorded message saying that 'you have been contacted by Ruthbridge Ltd, we will call again' or words to that effect.

Interestingly... Ive just got all my paperwork out... Im so confused with all the different DCAs collecting on the same debt...... This debt was originally passed to Robinson Way back in August 07 and I CCA'd them on the 24/8/07...I have proof of delivery and they returned my £1 postal order and have never supplied me with any CCA or any supporting docs for that matter,and continued to try to collect until I sent Hayley Felton the Account in Dispute letter, it was then passed on to Scotcall on the 7/2/08 (Ill have to check not sure what action I took but the last I heard from Scotcall was on the 6/3/08... alls been quiet until this week... where do I go from here... this is the 3rd DCA collecting this debt

;)

Edited by nowayjose

Thanks Alf, as this has been passed first Rob Way, then Scotcall now Ruthbridge is there a letter I can send instead that says its against the OFTs guidlines to pass to another DCA ???

Thanks Alf, as this has been passed first Rob Way, then Scotcall now Ruthbridge is there a letter I can send instead that says its against the OFTs guidlines to pass to another DCA ???

Yes you can send this as Robbinscum Way have failed to comply with your CCA request

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with the **original creditor/DCA** and has been since DATE 2007.

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the **original creditor/DCA** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as **New DCA** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If **New DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

• 1 month later...

Totally ignored my letter I see as I have received the following.

Client Name : Cabot Financial Europe Limited

Assigned from : Finance Department

Dear Mrs ******

DEBT COUNSELLING DEPARTMENT

Your account has been referred to our Debt Counselling Service, where our trained counsellors will be able to assist you in negotiating an affordable repayment scheme. This service is funded entirely by Ruthbridge Limited and is provided to you absolutely free of charge. To take advantage of this opportunity, we ask that you telephone our PRIORITY DEBT LINE.

Our team of experienced counsellors are waiting to offer you helpful advice. To assist us in making an assessment of your financial situation, it would be helpful when calling, to have details of your income and expenditure available.

HELP IS ONLY A PHONE CALL AWAY

Should you wish to ignore our final offer of assistance, we will have no alternative but to refer your account to our Debt Enforcement Division.

Alternatively please complete and return to the above address

MY REALISTIC OFFER OF PAYMENT IS £_________

TO BE PAID WEEKLY/FORTNIGHTLY/MONTHLY

PAYMENT METHOD PAYMENT BOOK (MIN £30)/STANDING ORDER

TO COMMENCE ON THE _____/____/20__

How can I reply to this letter telling them to bog off until they produce the CCA that I requested from Robinson Way over 2 years ago??????

Any chance this might be statute barred NWJ ? If not then the dispute letter might be a good move - Number 20 here - The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

No unfortunately even though this debt is around 7 years old...I stupidly paid £12 to them back in August 07(before I found this brilliant site) I am kicking myself now because would be SB.:mad: The letter youre pointing me to should I mention that I asked ROBWAY 2 years ago for the CCA???

Thanks Bill x

Yes....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html