Continued Harrasement From DCA after we won judgement!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all,

A while back we had a statutory demand from Farce Credit regarding a debt we knew nothing of. We requested the usual CCA etc and they produced nothing (I think that was April last year).

We put a defence in at court, won and got costs.

However, we keep getting letters from them and companies owned by the same group, asking for the money, giving discount options.

After we won the judgement, I emailled them informing them that the time to produce the CCA stuff had lapsed a long time ago and they had no legal basis to contact us.

I also included a list of charges if they did. Can i make these charges stick? And how can I stop them contacting us anymore?

Cheers

I may be totally wrong here and what Mr T says above should certainly be done.

However, in my mind you won to have the SD set aside?

This would only set aside their Demand to start bankruptcy proceedings, I would not think that this wiped out the debt (I may well be wrong) therefore it would, in their eyes, still exist.

You say that they never sent anything in response to your CCA request, so in that case the alleged Agreement is well and truely in dispute and my suggestion would be to sent the 'in dispute' letter.

Hopefully others will come along with more help and perhaps a different interpretation.

Whether the debt exists is not relevant. - You are NOT the debtor & have 'proven' that in court Therefore I should immediately contact the OFT AND Trading Standards as by pursuing you (the non-debtor) they ARE in breach of their recent OFT undertaking NOT to do this sort of thing

Write to this firm (special delivery) & tell them that if they continue you will issue legal proceedings for harassment.............. then if that don't work do it

Also don't forget to mention that you know the other firms contacting you are all part of the same group & that no matter who contacts you you will sue for damages & further costs particularly as you consider their actions now appear to be vindictive because you won