Carers Allowance

EYEBALLS01

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope someone can give me some guidance.My wife has been disabled for some years and I now find myself disabled and off work. We both get high rate mobility DLA I get low rate care and my wife gets high rate.

As I`m off work and will not return can I claim carers allowance even though I am in receipt of the above,ESA and have applied for council tax relief.

Cheers

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

ALSO REMEMBER TO DONATE. EVERY LITTLE HELPS AND THE FORUMS ARE FOR YOU!;)

Yes, unless your ESA is contribution-based, in which case you could still apply but may get carers premium instead, a top-up of your income, instead of carers allowance. However you must be able to show that you help care for your wife for at least 35 hours a week.

Edited by maggie1968

Thanks for that maggie1968. At the moment my ESA is contrbution based but they said once my pay had stopped which it now has it would become income related.Since my wife became disabled 12 years ago even when I was working full time I looked after her for over 35 week. I had carers come in when I was away.We still have carers paid for by direct paymrnts from the County Council but this is only for 11 hours per week.

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

• 4 weeks later...

I have been turned down for Carers Allowance as I get ESA and this is an `underlying`entitlement