CCA Letter recieved copy not true form

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi helpfull helpers.

I requested a CCA letter from Arrow Global acting on behalf of Monument. After 2 months they sent me a copy and not the original. in the letter it was underlined that they send me a True copy. I am going to write to them and say that this is unacceptable and that I want a true copy. does any body else have any other advice.

Thanks Wenona

True copy is fine... sending you the original would be a be shooting themselfs in the foot.

The purpose of a CCA request is not to get a hold of the original but to see what hand they are holding.

Think poker :-)

Edited by ashmk
spelling

Hi Satoriea,

Forgive my laziness, but I'm pasting this over from a similar thread I answered recently :)

"The banks have recently got wise to the fact that they can get away with this "look what you COULD have signed" printout instead of the ACTUAL agreement. They do not have to provide the signed agreement under a CCA request, technically. However, if they HAVE IT they generally do, with a fanfare of trumpets, to shut you up!

So, you need to force their hand to produce an actual copy, or state they don't hold it.

Next step for this, if they haven't threatened Court yet, is to send them a Subject Access Request. Stress that you require a copy of the signed, executed agreement. Bad news is it costs £10, same rules, Postal Order, no signatures, send recorded. They have 40 days from receipt to comply.

Here's the template letter, amend to suit:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resour...est-debt-a-dca

Also, have a read of THIS THREAD which is another route to getting the signed agreement, more usually used when Court Action is threatened. Loads of good advice and info on there.

The other thing you need to do is dig out the Default Notice and Termination Notice that they sent. Inaccuracies here can invalidate the agreement too. If you don't have them, stress that you want them in your Subject Access Request, then scan the Default Notice (that's a letter headed "Default Notice under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 etc", not just the statement of Default sums) remove your personal details and post on here."

Hope this helps,

Elsa x

Thanks all for your help that was quick. I will ask for the original and if theyproduce that hit them with £800 in charges to credit my account. This is soo tireing. I sometimes just want to declare myself bankrupt