Parking fine in a loading bay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked in a loading bay at 6.30 pm which had no time restrictions on it but I presumed after shop opening hours its ok to park in loading bays. Do loading bays have to have time restrictions on them? I'd appreciate any info - some people on here seem to know their stuff!

No time restrictions then I would have thought that the loading bay applied for the same time as the adjacent yellow lines.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Still exercise your right of appeal though. You have nothing to lose. Write in and explain you were under the impression that you could park there but have since endeavoured to clarify the rules and understand it was a mistake and it won't happen again etc.

They make take a lenient view and cancel it.

If you appeal during the discounted period, they should hold it for you so if the appeal is rejected you still have that option.