Advise with Egg please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have just been on the phone to Egg (I know I shouldnt) but I wanted to see what they would say about freezing interest as they had sent me a letter about wanting to help me.

Firstly they said they wanted another I&E form and I had to do it over the phone. I have already sent one though. Do you think they have lost it?

Secondly they said that they do have 'plans' available but I had missed out by 4 days for the one that was, in my opinion, the best for me.

The thing is I had a letter from Egg dated 4th June which I would have received on the 5th June saying that if I call back within 7 days they would look at plans to help me including freezing interest etc.

I have done as they have said and called back within 7 days.

Does anyone know why they would say i have missed out by 4 days it doesnt make sense???

On one of the plans they also wanted £70 up front to clear some of the balance. They wouldnt explain how they got to this figure though???

They also said if I pay a certain amount they would stop the Default Notice they have sent me. I already have a default from them so I thought another wouldnt make any difference.

The account is in dispute as they havent responded (yet) to my CCA request.

I'm so confused.

Should I not pay anything until my CCA arrives?

Should I send another I&E form and stick to what I can pay and pay them that?

Should I send another I&E form and stick to what I can pay and pay them that but only once my CCA arrives?

Thanks

Vicky

xxxx

Hi All

I have just been on the phone to Egg (I know I shouldnt) but I wanted to see what they would say about freezing interest as they had sent me a letter about wanting to help me.

Firstly they said they wanted another I&E form and I had to do it over the phone. I have already sent one though. Do you think they have lost it? probably not, just send it again or dont bother

Secondly they said that they do have 'plans' available but I had missed out by 4 days for the one that was, in my opinion, the best for me. thats handy for them isnt it

The thing is I had a letter from Egg dated 4th June which I would have received on the 5th June saying that if I call back within 7 days they would look at plans to help me including freezing interest etc.

I have done as they have said and called back within 7 days. which is what they wanted you to do, so at the moment you are dancing to their tune

Does anyone know why they would say i have missed out by 4 days it doesnt make sense??? - these firms never make sense

On one of the plans they also wanted £70 up front to clear some of the balance. They wouldnt explain how they got to this figure though??? the phone/drone wants to boast his/her commision

They also said if I pay a certain amount they would stop the Default Notice they have sent me. I already have a default from them so I thought another wouldnt make any difference. they cant default you twice for the same debt

The account is in dispute as they havent responded (yet) to my CCA request. so dont pay them anything send the account in dispute letter

I'm so confused.

Should I not pay anything until my CCA arrives? no

Should I send another I&E form and stick to what I can pay and pay them that? no

Should I send another I&E form and stick to what I can pay and pay them that but only once my CCA arrives? no

Thanks

Vicky

xxxx

see other thread also

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/204197-egg.html

Hi Vicky,

Firstly you can't be defaulted on the same account twice. If you cleared the previous default before the date on the default letter then the first default isn't relevant as this will be a new default.

As for "plans", i think they are confusing themselves or just filling up the airwaves with bull.

Until your CCA turns up, I'd be sending them letter C from here and enclose a token payment with it

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

don't bother sending another I & E form, they've had enough.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Silverfox & PGH

I have alreday sent them the account in dispute letter about 10 days ago.

They never mentioned anything about it on the phone.

Silverfox-you mentioned sending the account dispute letter with a token payment.

As mentioned they have already had this by recorded delivery. Should I send a token payment anyway?

Ive been holding off payments until the CCA arrives you see.

Also can I ask-my Egg debt is recent and would be certain it is enforceable. Is it better to deal with OC or a DCA?

I'm just worried that I will loose my chance to reduce payments & freeze interest with Egg if it goes to a DCA.

Vicky

xxxx

Thanks PGH !

So even though they are in default of CCA request is it better to continue making my reduced payment?

From the threads I have read most people stop payments in this situation until an enforceable CCA arrives.

Thanks

Vicky

xxxx