Mislead by MBNA!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Agreed a partial settlement with MBNA, to settle one of my three accounts for 42%, which was roughly 1100 pounds. Spoke to mbna twice to confirm funds had been paid and account was settled. Recieved a letter today saying partial settlement was short 200 pounds and offer period expired and now the account is up and running again, less 1100 pounds. They reckon offer wasn't agreed until 3 days after I made my first payment!!! . Everyone be warned, they have no intention of helping customers.

Edited by 42man
Edited due to libel..

Mbna initialyl said that they never confirm partial settlements in writing unitl payment received, but i sent they a letter to which they responed, saying the account could be settled for x amount by this date. I had 60 days to settle this account. Final payment needed to be recieved by 17th May, hence the agreemnt must have started on 17th March, but they reckon it was 26th march 3 days after first payment!

Sorry, they are saying you paid the settlement figure 3 days before it was agreed, how can that be! I assume this was agreed over the phone, if I where you I would SAR them to see what was record of the tele conv. Don't let them get away with this. Did you request CCA before an agreement was made, do they have an enforceable CCA?