Duplicate Defaults

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an ongoing issue with MBNA/LINK.

History is MBNA defaulted the account whilst I was reclaiming unfair charges and registered the default on my credit record. MBNA have since sold the debt to Link who have now also registered a default for the credit card.

The same default entry, with the same date and amount appear on my credit record (callcredit) from both companies.

There is a single entry for the account on Equifax with the same default date, but the default amount is for the current balance rather than the default amount.

How do I go about getting one of the defaults on the callcredit report removed? Do I deal with the OC or the DCA? Or do I go directly to Callcredit? Is there any template letters in dealing with this?

Do I deal with the incorrect amount on Equifax? Or just leave it for now?

Advice appreciated.

Please note that I am not a solicitor or legally trained. The advice I give is from my own personal experience based on my own personal circumstance. If you choose to follow any advice I may give, please make sure you understand the implications of following that advice. :-)

I would go directly to call credit;

They should be able to see that these debt are the same and should dispute it with MBNA to remove their default since the debt has been bought by Link.

Ideally you'd want MBNA to admit it never defaulted and that the account was under dispute and should never have been sold on - which means your file would be completely clean - BUT THAT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT

Right, I have send a recorded delivery letter to Callcredit asking them to remove the MBNA entry. I have included the letter of assignment from Link as proof. I have given them 21 days to comply. Hope that will be enough to get it cleared up.

Interesting though, the post office have no record of the PO Box they advertise on their website.

Please note that I am not a solicitor or legally trained. The advice I give is from my own personal experience based on my own personal circumstance. If you choose to follow any advice I may give, please make sure you understand the implications of following that advice. :-)