BankFodder BankFodder

coolchris

Swinton Insurance and debit card issues....

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3913 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all. OK. Back in March 2009 I paid a one-off payment of £30 for my brother to setup his car insurance with Swinton Insurance.

Comes June 06 2009 and they debited my card for £113.02 because my brother had not paid his Direct Debit. Their excuse was that it was the easiest way to claw back that debt!!:mad:

Now I am not a driver, do not have any insurance with them whatsoever and to take my money WITHOUT MY CONSENT is in my eyes theft. Its like taking money from the back pocket of my jeans. There is absolutely no justification for this.

After wrangling over the phone between my Banks fraud squad and Swinton, they (Swinton) have now in effect admitted liability and refunded my card, however asking the bank whether this had been done on the day they claimed, the Bank said they can find no record of a Debit Card refund pending. The bank said that as soon as a debit card refund is actioned, they would see this immediately, even though the transaction has not yet gone through the antiquated clearing system.

Now I do not want to leave this matter to rest. Firstly I spent over 2 days solid on the phone trying to sort out this crap, thereby not able to look after my mum fully (I am a full time carer BTW), there is also the cost of the damn phone calls, harassment, me being left with absolutely NOTHING in my bank account causing it to go overdrawn (the bank will refund any charges thank god), having to borrow money from my mum to tied me over, the list is endless.

So...I need advice on how to claim for compensation from these clowns. I have already set in motion a complaint to the FOS, but I was wondering should I also send in a complaint to the Chief Executive's office at their head office as well, or just leave it up to the FOS?

Crikey, I know thats fairly long, but thats a nutshell, believe me, lol.

So any advise on this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance.

I would recommend making a complaint directly against Swinton's initially as it is their cock up.

The FOS only usually get involved if both parties are unable to resolve the issue mutually.