HSBC- 1 personal, 1 Ltd business account

goin4it
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hallo everybody.

I just registered today and read a lot trough the forum. Already downloaded letters making sure that I saved them as bus or pers, respectively, to avoid confusion when sending them out.

Thanks to this forum and my previous experience I am pretty sure, what I have to do with personal account.

Send letters in sequence |=>PDA=>preliminary=>before action | - get responses refusing settlement and take matter to the court.

In meantime I already got new account (actually old one I did not use for few years, but I checked - its working and the bank is only happy to get me back on board). I wonder if they forgot that I claimed from them £800 back in 2006 and was awarded over £900 by court in early 2007?. :D

Anyway I will transfer all income, direct debits and standing orders to them.

When that will be done I will send another letter to HSBC stating that I will not put any funds on the account as the overdraft facility is slightly bellow my claim.

Furthermore I will advise them, that they may not charge any other interests, close account or put default into my credit file as the account is now in legal dispute.

All these actions will result into me having nearly all my money even before going to court :rolleyes: (by not paying the overdraft back). Plus after test case will finish I will get some nice interest and the rest of charges. :D

This part is easy enough.

However I am not so sure about business account.

Taking in account development of Test Case, I can not see what are exactly my legal grounds to get charges from business account (it's Ltd. company).

Anyone can advise?

Thanks upfront

P.S.: I will send business letters anyway, they would not do any harm, do they? However what to do, when court stage will come?

Edited by goin4it
formated to make it more readable

Hi goin4it , welcome to the forum :)

It's great to see you've done your homework and your plan of action for your personal account is spot on ......... :D

As regards your business account , I'm no expert on this I'm afraid , but there is a link on the forum which will probably help :

Business claims for bank charges - The Consumer Forums

By all means come back and ask if you've got any questions on your personal account (or Business for that matter), someone will answer ... and we're user -friendly . :D

• Haha 1

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Hi goin4it , welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for welcome, Johnny.

It's great to see you've done your homework and your plan of action for your personal account is spot on ......... :D

Yeah, been there - done that - got t-shirt, just lather, rinse and repeat :D

As regards your business account , I'm no expert on this I'm afraid , but there is a link on the forum which will probably help :

Business claims for bank charges - The Consumer Forums

Thanks for that link, I could not find it only business library. Now I have something to read before sleep :)

By all means come back and ask if you've got any questions on your personal account (or Business for that matter), someone will answer ... and we're user -friendly . :D

I know, your posts were amongst the ones I noticed almost in every thread, you are very helpful and :?: how do you say it? Oh yes, user-friendly :rolleyes:

Thanks again for your answer and link, Johnny.

I know about personal accounts so much as I already went to court before and won!

After the last case I behaved, but last October our child benefit stopped without warning and I did not noticed what happened until statement arrived. At that moment it was already too late as we were short of £178 on ChB and went overdrawn (the bank let us go overdrawn £160, but of course applied charges and took together over £300 from other incomes - in addition to £160 they took another £150 on charges).

It went on every month until January this year, we were short on ChB and in addition on charges. After we had no heating for one week in freezing weather I threatened ChB office that I will go to ombudsman as we have no money for oil and there is frost on the walls in our home. 2 days after that I received letter with apology and next day all money was in account. But the charges made the real problem. In fact nearly whole ChB which arrived in January was already swallowed by charges! If not the charges we would be able to manage, sort of.

Afterwards, in March I lost work and again went overdrawn. I've got no benefit as my former employer did not send P45 in time and Job Centre refused my application. Few weeks later I've got new job but being again overdrawn, the charges are still killing me. Yesterday I had call from bank and decided that I had enough.

They put me and my family in misery and they are having none of it and trying to intimidate me. Enough is enough. Now they will get their own medicaments to try. I will not stay still and watch another chunk of my hard earned money to be swallowed by them.

Sorry for being so harsh here but I am REALLY P!$$£d 0f. At least I know what to do :D.

Sorry for being so harsh here but I am REALLY P!$$£d 0f. At least I know what to do :grin:

I think you deserve to be bitter, going4it, you've had it rough - but your spirit is still there and your determination not to let it get you down.... :)

they really are the pits ...

Besides, this is the place to get it off your chest , - it seems to help somehow to just put it down in print ...........

Glad to help , and thanks for the tip on my scales .. :D

Hope you manage to sort them out business-wise -if you have time, share your experience of how it goes , it helps others to cope ......

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D