debt with lowells CCA recieved

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had contact from those lovely people at Lowell and a letter stating I owed a sum of around 1k to cap one.

I found this bizzare as I currently have an open working account with cap one. I spoke to lowell disputed the debt and requested CCA by writing.

Today I recieve the CCA which is a photo copy of a last page with my sig and a date of 06/02

Im pretty sure this is a debt from from I was young and foolish and indeed ive probably let it slip through the net, however is it not now unenforceable because it's o ver 6 years? although is there an easy way to find out when my actual last payment was?

Also does photocopying the last page of a CCA count as providing a signed copy of my CCA?

Thanks!

J

Im glad Im not the only one who has had strange experiences with this company, funny because despite my calm and pleasant "im not sure about this debt Im sure I've paid it, infact I have a current account with cap one so it seems odd, can I see some evidence" they were incredibaly rude and horrible to me and for that reason alone I dont want to give them a penny I own

Hi,

The chances are the CCA is invalid but that makes not a jot of difference if the debt is statute barred.

No amount of posturing by the leeds losers will change that.

They will probably come back and say a payment was made on XX date. Get them to prove it as they will have to show you paid and not some stranger at a strange bank (if you get my drift).

Whatever you do, don't ring them. Do everything in writing and make sure every letter is sent recorded delivery. There is a Bermuda like triangle around the Northern Numpties HQ which sees normal post vanish into the ether :rolleyes:

(Now what makes you think I have a problem with these lovely people :rolleyes:)

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Yeah already sent my request for CCA recorded, still very suprised they only sent the last page and not the whole agrement, I should have sent them the last pound they asked for rather than the whole amount lol

Edited by cluttermoney

In all my time on here i have never seen a Valid CCA from cap1.

Now that lowell have it, you can be sure of this, my advice is to ignore lowell unless and until they issue a court claim, in which case you can properly defend and win.

Oh and, rule number one, NEVER speak to them on the phone, everything in writing.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Theres your dilemma, and that of a lot on here...if you want to fight them, they will screw your credit file...personally i dont give a t%%s what they do to mine

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site