UptoTheNeck v Marlin

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

A follow on to the previous thread, I thought seeing as I am now dealing with Marlin.

This is the latest episode in the ongoing saga.

It doesnt worry me as I have been here before, when they find out I am only worth the shoes that I stand in, they will back down again.

Is there anything I can throw back at them?

MarlinBankruptcy.jpg

Thanks for looking and the great advice so far

Regards

David

I wish i could get one of those, I owe to much to get a DRO (think that is what the £90 BR for people that have nothing is called), and can't afford BR for myself and wife.

I know some Italian hand made loafers can be worth quite a lot, but they are more than likely bluffing, if they were for real they would do a check and if they found you had any property they would let you know.

well thats what i ekon anyway :)

can anyone help with this, should be on a new thread, but not sure how to start one.

Just had a letter from Marlin, saying l have been pre-selected for a one off discounted settlement offer, debt is just 2k, by agreeing a full and final payment, or agreeing to an improved monthly instalment plan, plus a further reduction of up to £200 for contacting them at this time, what are they up to now,

Help and advice please

can anyone help with this, should be on a new thread, but not sure how to start one.

Just had a letter from Marlin, saying l have been pre-selected for a one off discounted settlement offer, debt is just 2k, by agreeing a full and final payment, or agreeing to an improved monthly instalment plan, plus a further reduction of up to £200 for contacting them at this time, what are they up to now,

Help and advice please

Getting desperate for money I would say.

• 1 month later...

I was beginning to think they had forgotten about me, today I received 2 letters from Marlin's other alter ego, Bramber.

2 letters exactly the same, just folded differently.

They want payment in full immediately, failure to respond could result in:

county court for enforcement or they will call to collect my field.

That is a come down from Marlin's threat of bankruptcy!.

Regards

David

I was beginning to think they had forgotten about me, today I received 2 letters from Marlin's other alter ego, Bramber.

2 letters exactly the same, just folded differently.

They want payment in full immediately, failure to respond could result in:

county court for enforcement or they will call to collect my field.

That is a come down from Marlin's threat of bankruptcy!.

Regards

David

Failure to respond could result in you getting a nice fat cheque from them in costs. When they lose!

Complain to the OFT and

[email protected] west sussex trading standards

Edited by jon888999

That letter needs sending to TRading Standards, they CANT do a warrant of FI-FA or an Attachment of Earnings if you have been made bankrupt, that is the whole point of being made bankrupt!

The basis of a warrant of FI-FA is basically the same as an IVA but on a more formal basis, it means Funds In - Funds Allocated and then you get the rest - which is more than you would actually get with some IVAs.

What a load of twaddle they write - please report them to Trading Standards, the OFT and the FSA.

I believe undescured creditors have very little chance of getting funds if you have been made bankrupt, everything you owe is put into the pot, regardless of 'priority' and funds allocated accordingly. Whatever isn't paid out of the bankruptcy CANNOT be chased again and any letters sent should be immediately forwarded to the Official Receiver. The OR will certainly be interested in their statement about the 'outstanding shortfall' and how it is dealt with!

I haven't read your previous thread... but have you previously been provided with (or asked for) a copy of the Credit Agreement? Since the debt is GMAC I'm guessing it's some sort of car loan or HP?

Notorious for not having agreements, or the agreements being very questionable.

Cheers

UF

I am not a legal expert and I have no legal training. All of my posts are just my opinion and I cannot be held responsible for their accuracy or the way in which the information etc is used. If in doubt always consult a qualified professional lawyer.

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

These people beggar belief don't they..

I'd be sorley tempted to say see you in court then, and then let them stump up the fees before falling flat on their a**e, but then that's how much I love Marlin..:D

Can't wait to see them in liquidation one day .... I can dream can't I

Spam.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Marlin can be beaten-it takes time,and a nasty streak on your part,but they have to admit defeat eventually ;)

I speak from experience

Snap... they have just thrown in the towel and consented to setting aside the CCJ they got on me last year... didn't even put up the remotest fight! Looking forward to seeing them in the next round..:razz:

Spam.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"