PCN by post for contravention of O2 parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a PCN today which is dated 28/05/09 for contravention of O2-parking or loading/unloading in a restricted street where restrictions are in force

Date: 21/05/09

Time: 11.22

I did indeed visit that place that day and pulled into a layby on the left hand side of the road to allow my partner to exit my car and then drove away! I did not notice any signs not allowing this although on the opposite side of the road I did see the signs for no loading/unloading but there was no layby.

Can I dispute this on the grounds I was not parked and could not have been there for more than 2 mins in total.

Thanks

First check and advise who has issued the PCN.

If it is the council

You may be able to claim a boarding/alighting exemption.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

although on the opposite side of the road I did see the signs for no loading/unloading but there was no layby.

It's been accepted you can stop to read the restrictions in force. Otherwise nobody would be able to park unless they could read the restrictions whilst going past at 20/30mph.

Have just requested to see the still pictures and sent a letter of appeal so will keep you informed of the outcome!

Does this mean that I cannot pay the lower fee of £60 as it will be outside the 21 day time limit once I receive any correspondance from them? Or should I pay the £60 and carry on appealing?

Thanks.

Don't pay if you want to appeal. You may never see your money again!

While the appeal is being considered they should hold it at the discounted rate, and if they reject your appeal you should be given the option of still paying the discount within 14 days of that letter.

If you then elect to fight on rather than pay, then you would forfeit the discount thereafter, but not at this stage.

Yes it was issued by Croydon county council.........

Is Croydon a county? ;)

Well it clarified a couple of things. You have to deal with it and it's contravention code 02 not parking at the O2. That confused me for a bit.

I still maintain that it is a boarding/alighting exemption that applies. Even if it doesn't the contravention did not occur as you were not loading/unloading.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.