Roxburghe Uk Limited

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Amazing!

Just received a letter from Roxburghe Debt Collectors.

This is in relation to a broadband service that I cancelled 5 months ago, when I changed to a new ISP

Roxburghe require me to pay £37.73 immediately.

Ridiculous, these wretched DCA's are sooo annoying...

AC

Be equally annoying and photocopy the letter, then replace all your details with theirs, asking them to pay the amount for a service they cancelled, do this at least once a week or until you tire of spending money on 2nd class postage!:D:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Okay Guys,

Just found the cancellation number that I was given in January and the name of the telephone operative for AOL who confirmed that he had cancelled the service.

I am absolutely fuming...

Of course, AOL are now Car Phone Warehouse and understand that they don't think twice about registering adverse data about consumers.

The account was paid, Direct debit Cancelled and cancellation confirmed.

But, my data is being processed, adversely no doubt...Very Mad!

AC

Okay Guys,

Just found the cancellation number that I was given in January and the name of the telephone operative for AOL who confirmed that he had cancelled the service.

I am absolutely fuming...

Of course, AOL are now Car Phone Warehouse and understand that they don't think twice about registering adverse data about consumers.

The account was paid, Direct debit Cancelled and cancellation confirmed.

But, my data is being processed, adversely no doubt...Very Mad!

AC

Oh dear! DPA springs to mind!! Heads will roll:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Send them the prove it letter here,

Name/Address:

Date:

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Edit anything in red, do not sign it and send recorded delivery (make sure you keep the receipt as Royal Mail have lost at least 2 letters i sent recorded!!)

My friend had a problem with cancelling Talk Talk after they called him out of the blue. He agreed on the phone to cange to them but changed his mind and called them back. They said fine no problem. Then he got a letter from a DCA asking for money. He got me to fire off the Prove it and he has heard nothing back since. Good luck.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Okay, sorted.

I have sent a stiff letter to the vice chairman of AOL, including the cancellation ref number and;

copy to Roxburghe...had a real go!

demanded that they remove any incorrect adverse data;

if not, will report them both to OFT, TS, ICO.

Thinking of doing that anyway.

AC

Okay, sorted.

had a real go!

demanded that they remove any incorrect adverse data;

if not, will report them both to OFT, TS, ICO.

Thinking of doing that anyway.AC

I bloody would have! You should tell them that you are doing so aswell.

I've had exactly the same thing - only the account was mine, but they addressed it to my husband!!! I sent the dispute letter to Roxbourghe and they resonded with a solicitor's letter, threatenign court action!!

Anyhow i have checked with AOL and they state that I did cancel my account (luckily I have the email containing my MAC code, so can prove I cancelled) and they have given me the cancellation number and have said that they will cancel all further action.

The AOL person let slip that they passed on a load of accounts by mistake, but they didn't realise this had happened until people phoned to complain!!

I can't wait for them to take me to court - i'll have a field day with this one!!!

I've had exactly the same thing - only the account was mine, but they addressed it to my husband!!! I sent the dispute letter to Roxbourghe and they resonded with a solicitor's letter, threatenign court action!!

Anyhow i have checked with AOL and they state that I did cancel my account (luckily I have the email containing my MAC code, so can prove I cancelled) and they have given me the cancellation number and have said that they will cancel all further action.

The AOL person let slip that they passed on a load of accounts by mistake, but they didn't realise this had happened until people phoned to complain!!

I can't wait for them to take me to court - i'll have a field day with this one!!!

Lovely!

I will join you...

Enraging isn't it?

AC

ps, going to complain to the OFT

Good for you, the thing that really annoys me about all of this, apart from the obvious, is that I cancelled the AOL service because it was not fit for purpose;

constantly crashing.

I was actually with them for years and now this outrageous demand.

Disgraceful and hardly a good PR exercise.

So glad about this site, as it brings this sort of matter to the general publics attention.

AC

Principle of the matter isn't it:

Office of Fair Trading

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX

[email protected]

Public enquiries

08457 22 44 99

Write, or send them an email.

AC

Is my email link defunct then??

[email protected]

Or are there numerous ones to whinge at:D

• 2 weeks later...

Another letter from Roxburghe dated 19 June 2009:

Dear AC

IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

I am surprised that you have failed to respond in a satisfactory manner to our previous letter.

Your failure to take action indicates to me that you do not intend to settle your liability and therefore I shall pass this matter to our analysts, who will review your case.

Should litigation commence, and in the event of Judgement or decree being entered against you, it may affect your credit rating, and you will be laible for all fixed legal fees and any statutory interest, which will be added to your debt.

Alternatively, we may instruct local external field representatives to call at your premises to collect the full outstanding balance.

CONTACT THIS OFFICE IMMEDIATELY TO ARRANGE PAYMENT AND AVOID FURTHER ACTION.

Your sincerely,

Jonathon Stock

Debt Recovery Manager

Roxburghe (UK) Limited."

How can one be more annoyed than bluddy fuming, because I am!!!

I do not owe a penny;

have told them and AOL but they keep on pursuing me.

AC

addendum;

this is a bit like:

come into my parlour said the spider to the fly!

I intend to throw the proverbial book at these cretins...clearly, Roxburghe think that they are dealing with a shivering fairy, I am so far removed from a shivering fairy, more like an enormous Tiger with very sharp Claws!

AC

Get them to send you their complaints procedure, then suitably ignore all of their responses and escalate the complaint until you can use their Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR):evil::evil::evil:

Firing off this letter to Roxburghe, copy to Graeme Nixon AOL:

Mr. Jonathon Stock

Debt Recovery Manager

Roxburghe (UK) Limited

Roxburghe House

Lavender Park Road

West Byfleet

Surrey

KT14 6YX

Dear Mr. Stock

FORMAL COMPLAINT

With reference to your letter dated 19 June 2009; this is the second time that you have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number.

I am absolutely appalled and outraged by your actions, as you have been supplied with a copy of my formal complaint that was sent to: Mr. Graeme Nixon, AOL Member Services. There is no debt owing to AOL and yet you are harassing me for payment.

I am familiar with the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR) and the Office of Fair Trading Guidance on Debt Collection, quite frankly your use of ‘Bad Business Practice’ is unfair, inaccurate and misleading:

1. Pursuing third parties when they are not liable;

2. Ignoring and/or disregarding claims and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment; THERE IS NO DEBT!

3. Disclosing or threatening to disclose debt details to third parties unless legally entitled to do so;

4. Failing to investigate and/or provide details as appropriate, when a debt is queried or disputed, possibly resulting in debtors being wrongly pursued;

5. Those contacting debtors must not be deceitful by misrepresenting their authority and/or the correct legal position;

6. Threatening to visit debtors without prior agreement when the debt is deadlocked or disputed;

7. Failing to establish and maintain details of the debt history raise concerns about compliance with the fourth principle of the Data Protection Act 1998, which requires that, ‘personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date’.

Your allegations are without foundation, I do not owe any monies to you company, nor to your clients AOL. Furthermore, both you and your client have a ‘code of conduct’ that should be

Page 2

Observed clearly, neither Roxburgh nor, AOL have been and/or, are following said codes, which is in breach of the CPUTR’s.

Take notice that, the action of AOL and yourselves, could call into question the fitness to hold a consumer credit licence. Therefore, I will be lodging a formal complaint with the Office of Fair Trading regarding the employment of ‘Bad Business Practice’s’ and the Information Commissioners Office in relation to the unjustified, unwarranted processing of my personal subject data under the Data Protection Act 1998.

Lastly, I demand that I be compensated for the time and cost of having to respond to AOL/Roxburghe four times, together with the damage and distress caused to me, due to the unjustified demands for money from yourselves and the incorrect processing of my Data.

Yours sincerely,

AC

• 5 months later...

The first I knew of Roxburghe was a call on mobile whilst I was waiting to go to theatre for surgery! I worked out that they'd probably been sold a 'debt' from AOL (I don't owe AOL a penny, but that's a different story).

Two bits of advice; first, if you don't answer their 'identification' questions they can't talk to you. Exactly what you want but they don't half get frustrated by it.

Second and much more valuable is to tell them that any further calls will constitute harassment under Sections 1 & 2 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. The call centre agent really didn't like this but went away. When they called back three days later, I reminded them of our earlier conversation, told them I would report the offence to the Police and did so.

Northumbria Police were fantastic; within the hour they had called Roxburghe and told them that what they were doing constituted harassment. I've not heard from Roxburghe since.

The really important thing here is that harassment is defined as an act which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other. Once you have told Roxburghe that you believe the calls are harassment, they are committing the offence the next time they call.

A very effective deterrent.............

• 1 month later...

I also have just recieved a nasty letter off Roxburghe....£106-40....

I was with Tiscali 4 years ago and left because of the inadequate broadband...I cancelled and was not in arrears...now I get this letter saying I have 72 hours notice and I may be required to attend court to answer questions on my lifestyle....I am 55 and have bene long term sick due to ill health....

What lifestyle...I am in IB and DLA..I am registered disabled....I can barely walk....unable to hold things as I tend to drop things due to my arthritis in my hands....I just abut make ends meet...maybe I am sleep walking and have a double life...I wish...I would love to go to court to explain my lifestyle...

What do I do??? do I go to court....??????

Try not to worry, laughable roxburghe are chief clowns and a joke a minute.

For the alleged debt in question this will never see the inside of any court room, except their own kangaroo court.

If you genuinely have no idea what the debt is about then, you can either file it under ignore, and await their next batch of empty threat letters or send them the No Acknowledgement letter.http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Send it recorded delivery and PRINT your name do not sign.

They will invariably come back with some fabricated letter stating that you owe this sum to Tiscali for the period from-to, and will not in anyway show that you owe this money at all.

If Possible get back in touch with tiscali direct and ask them why these eejits are chasing you on there behalf for money you don't owe.

Roxburghe are also the alter ego of HFO Services Ltd. Same stable, same muppets.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

• 2 months later...

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | YourMoney :: False debt collection: the threatening letter of the law

:

An AOL Broadband spokesman says: “We’re sorry to hear about the problems you’ve been experiencing since cancelling your AOL Broadband account. This particular issue was the result of a system error, which meant your account was not closed down fully.”

Makes one's blood boil, doesn't it?

And this has happened to hundreds of AOL customers, including me!