Next Plc Default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the response i got from experian today...grrrr

---------------------------------------------------

Dear Miss *****

Thank you for your recent emails and telephone call.

I would firstly like to address all the correspondence regarding the Next default.

I see that you have issued Next with a final warning before court proceedings, asking that they remove all default entries against your name. You have quoted certain points from the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and asked that they stop processing your data under section 10 of the Data Protection Act 1998.

However, I see that in one of your other emails, you have provided a scanned copy of a letter from Next which addresses all your points and outlines their case for providing the account information to the credit reference agencies and their right to record the account as defaulted without proving that a default notice was received by you. Also, they have given direct advice from the Office of The Information Commissioner regarding the credit reference agencies right to continue recording data about unenforceable credit agreements.

Having reviewed their comments, I would advise that the advice in it appears to be correct.

I see that you have also asked for us to add a Notice of Correction to the Next account and I would advise that we cannot add your current proposed statement as it is factually incorrect. This is because you have said that they are in breach of the Data Protection Act by not being able to provide you with a copy of the signed agreement or the default notice. They have clearly explained in their letter to you that they are not required to do this and they have explained why and what their obligations are in such matters. As we are unable to add a statement that is longer than 200 words or one we think is defamatory, frivolous, scandalous or unsuitable for publication for some other reason.

I note that you are considering taking legal action including Experian and I would strongly recommend that you seek independent legal advice before doing so.

We have received several similar court claims and have been successful in having these struck out, as the cases were deemed to have no legal merit with regards to a claim against Experian.

This is because, in each case, we have been able to demonstrate that we have complied with the relevant legislation at all times. Consequently, the claimant has been left to pursue their claim directly against the company with whom they have a dispute regarding the data recorded on their credit report.

I therefore recommend that you review your legal position prior to proceeding with your claim. You may wish to consult with the Information Commissioner's Office in order to obtain an unbiased opinion.

Kind regards

Mark S Whawell

Consultant Customer Service Officer

Customer Support Centre

Experian Interactive

----------------------------------

Bank Charges refunded from Halifax £2600

Bank Charges refunded from halifax joint account £554

Credit Card Charges refunded from Halifax £300 plus interest

:D

They have clearly explained in their letter to you that they are not required to do this and they have explained why and what their obligations are in such matters.

have you posted this up?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They have clearly explained in their letter to you that they are not required to do this and they have explained why and what their obligations are in such matters.

have you posted this up?

dx

No, the above email is from experian. I just wanted to post it up to see what people thought of it. Think i'm in a loosing battle:(

can you post up what experian are refering too please it what i mean

you have a letter from next, lets see it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok, this is the letter that NEXT sent me....

002nextcag.jpg

001.jpg

Latest correspondence received from Next

----------------------------------------------

next.jpg

------------------------------------------------

Anyone offer any help where i can take this now??

any advice where i can take this now???

Anyone????

It was the NEXT sale last week and i was very good and did not go!! i will never spend anther penny with that company!!! grrr!