style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just a quick one. Has anybody heard of the above company? Just got a letter from them and when I phoned they said they couldn't arrange for payment plan over the phone they had to come round.

Quick check on companies house says they have only been going since September 08?

Since its for council tax do they only have they same powers as a bailiff?

Many thanks

Hi Anthony

Never heard of this company but if your debt is only for council tax they will almost certainly only have the same powers as a bailiff. This being not very much. I wouldn't phone them again but just pay the council directly. The council must by law take money off you if you are willing to pay it. Just go to your local one stop shop and pay some of it off. It doesn't have to be very much just regular payments. Ignore any letters off this company you may recieve as well as any phone calls. Don't answer any security questions etc etc if they do phone you. Hope this is of help.

Andy...

did you do a cca search on them ?????

this is the best advice you will get (the post above)dont do the same stupid thing that i done and let them in.....even if they try to threaten you or bully you into letting them in..best of luck

Do you have a Judgement against you for the Council Tax?

As far as I know, no.

Couple of things though. I had a phone call from them Thursday saying he was on his way, and it turned out to be his company. I checked on Companies house and it had only jut been set up September last year. I did check the cca list to find that he isnt on there?

Anyway, wizzed the car round the corner and sat out the front with the door locked. He turned up and a flash car and got out. Started to talk about a payment plan wich I talked to him about. He then pulls out this form already filled in with w/p charges, 2 visits and levey charges. I asked him why all the charges were on there and he said that the first "visit" was for the letter they sent. Aparantly it is an admin charge not a visit fee, and it was for the walk in possetion he was just about to do. When I said that he wasn't and I wasn' going to let him in or sign it he said that to set up an arraingment he had to by law. I told him he was talking rubbish, which he didnt like. He then started theatening me with prison and all sorts.

I told him that if he was to refuse my payment then I would just take it back to the council. He said I couldn't do that. And said he needed me to sign it. I told him I am not signing anything and if he didn't like it and refused my payment I would take it back to the council so it was up to him.

At this point he starts to scrub figures out all over the place and stuffed the form through my letter box. He went with the words that I was the first person to argue with him. :-D

More people should do the same, as it was quiet satisfying.

As far as I know, no.

Couple of things though. I had a phone call from them Thursday saying he was on his way, and it turned out to be his company. I checked on Companies house and it had only jut been set up September last year. I did check the cca list to find that he isnt on there?

Anyway, wizzed the car round the corner and sat out the front with the door locked. He turned up and a flash car and got out. Started to talk about a payment plan wich I talked to him about. He then pulls out this form already filled in with w/p charges, 2 visits and levey charges. I asked him why all the charges were on there and he said that the first "visit" was for the letter they sent. Aparantly it is an admin charge not a visit fee, and it was for the walk in possetion he was just about to do. When I said that he wasn't and I wasn' going to let him in or sign it he said that to set up an arraingment he had to by law. I told him he was talking rubbish, which he didnt like. He then started theatening me with prison and all sorts.

I told him that if he was to refuse my payment then I would just take it back to the council. He said I couldn't do that. And said he needed me to sign it. I told him I am not signing anything and if he didn't like it and refused my payment I would take it back to the council so it was up to him.

At this point he starts to scrub figures out all over the place and stuffed the form through my letter box. He went with the words that I was the first person to argue with him. :-D

More people should do the same, as it was quiet satisfying.

Sweating like a bailiff on the back foot , they don't like it up 'em , no they don't . My dog uses Frontline for its fleas , thats enforcement .

Edited by noddyaccount

Guest Happy Contrails

Quick check on companies house says they have only been going since September 08?

Since its for council tax do they only have they same powers as a bailiff?

Its probably a bailiff who used to work for a firm and decided to set up his own company. He is probably canvassing townhalls poaching his former employers council tax and parking tickets collection contracts. Happens all the time.

This guy is ex Drakes and set up on his own. DKB Collections Ltd, Public Sector Debt Recovery, Council tax debt, Business rates debt, Rent recovery road traffic act charges recovery. theres plenty of bovine fecal matter to be found in his website.