Parking Contravention Charge Notice Appeal!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone could advise me on my situation. I work in a health club which supplies me with season tickets to the NCP car park above the health club. I parked in the car park around 11am on the 6th floor and went to work. At around 8-8:30pm I moved my car down to the first floor as the car park is pretty empty and parked in one of the spaces (family) with the picture of people on. When i arrived back to the car park I found a Parking Contravention Charge Notice on my window which was placed at 22:23pm which doesn't make much sense to me. What should I do to avoid wasting £50 for this ticket. The car park was empty so theres no reason to put the ticket on especially at that time!!!

any help would be great

thanks

James

[problem] ignore it

do some reading about PPC's in this forum.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they nor any dca have any legal powers

ignore it

do some reading of some other threads on PPC's

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

here i'll do it for you

jusrt scroll down this list, click and read on any thread that inc NCP

not many about this time on night

just us night watchmen!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/search.php?searchid=2475518

g'night got to do the rounds

dx

and they

Here is the attachment of my PCN. SO basically, all tickets seemed to be [problem] from NCP as they don't have any legal power. Is this true? So i should just ignore the letters and not contact them?

Thanks

James

img003.jpg

img002.jpg

the top of the ticket says

NOTICE OF BREACH OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARKING AT A CAR PARK OWNED OR MANAGED BY NATIONAL CAR PARKS LIMITED

then the information

PCCN number, date of issue and offence, registration

Violation is under 1 - Parked in a restricted area in a car park

then there information on cost before 14 days (£50) and within 28days (£100).

Does this seem like a valid ticket or should I definitely ignore it as I don't understand the other topics as my situation is slightly different as I was in the family space (wider space) but at a time when the car park was empty (22:23)

thanks

James

no not just NCP

ALL PPC's are [problem].

they are not PCN's issued by the council.

dx

and they

OK can I be the first member of the morning shift to continue where the nightwitchmen left off....

Ignore it!

Do not write to them

Do not telephone them

Do not reply to their scamvoices

DO NOT PAY THEM

:D

damn! dx beat me to it.

• Haha 1

Also, it sounds like any Parking Contravention Charge Notice NCP issue is part of a [problem] especially when you have paid for the ticket because they are a private company who have no legal power and can't issue fines. The fact that I hold a season ticket means they can't fine me because they are at no loss for me parking in the family space?

Alot of the threads talk about railway byelaws but my ticket says this at the top

NOTICE OF BREACH OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARKING AT A CAR PARK OWNED OR MANAGED BY NATIONAL CAR PARKS LIMITED

does this still mean it's [problem]? Also, has only looked at the attached tickets I scanned?

Just wondering what PPC stands for and is my ticket a PPC as the advice is to ignore them?

Also, the car park is a barrier car park, no pay and display and my work pays for the season ticket so I just pop my card into the machine to get in, then back into the machine to get out.

All because I parked in a family space!!!!

Also, it sounds like any Parking Contravention Charge Notice NCP issue is part of a [problem] YES The fact that I hold a season ticket means they can't fine me because they are at no loss for me parking in the family space?

does this still mean it's [problem]? YES

They can't "fine" you because they do not have the authority to issue fines. Also family spaces are meaningless on private land

(ppc= private parking company= [problematic])

How can they get away with doing this to people?

And why do they have family spaces if there's no way of displaying that you are a family driver?

I guess its peace of mind I'm after......so I should be expecting some letters when the 28days are up?

Also, how has authority to fine? Say if I parked in a disable space, could they fine me then?

Edited by nytramlean

Also, how has authority to fine? Say if I parked in a disable space, could they fine me then?

Nope.

Painted lines and images on the floor of a PPC car park are nothing but graffiti. They are there to provide guidance but have no enforcability whatsoever.

Just keep remembering that there are only three groups who can issue fines, the courts, the police and the council. Anyone else can try make you think they have the right, but they are lying and often committing offences by doing so.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D