style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs on 020 3334 6355 phone this number and ask them to confirm mr xxxx is not a baillif and if he is defanatly not ask them who you write to complain about Equita employing people who are not baillifs as this man has added fees that only a baillif can add

Should I write again to the council and if so what should I put in the letter

im more than happy to help you try and write this letter

Hi who wrote the letter from the council please tell me I think we have a very simalar problem you and I and it may be helpfull to us both if we can in some way join forces if you dont want to post his name here pm it to me

Edited by bailiffbasher69
miss spell

Two threads merged.

Babyneedsanewcoat, please continue to post on this thread with regards to this matter :)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Today I received a Removal Notice from Equita stating as I have failed to pay the outstanding council tax due to Birmingham City Council

was this hand delivered or posted

Dear Sir,

R E your letter dated xx/xx/xx/

the hand delivered/posted letter i received from EQUITA/or bailiff Mr xx xx

dated xx/xx/xx

Included in this letter was the the name of the bailiff Mr xxx xxx and his mobile phone number

I called Mr xx xx and was told my debt to date was £255 i explained to Mr xx xx that i did not have £255 i told him i could i could pay this on Friday Mr xx xx told me not to worry he would leave it till Friday as i was paying the full amount

At no time was i told by Mr xxx that because i was paying in full my debt would be reduced is was in fact a phone call to your office on the xx xx that i found out that the original debt was £58.87 therefore the bailiff charges must be approximately £200

May i draw your attention to your statement

Legislation only states that Enforcement Fees have to be reasonable and agreed between the Local Authority and the bailiffs

Bailiff charges for the recovery of council tax arrears are governed by REGULATION 45 SECTION 5 of the

THE COUNCIL TAX (ADMINISTRATION AND ENFORCEMENT) REGULATIONS 1992 AMENDED 2003 and not an agreement of reasonable costs between local government and the bailiffs company

Included in this legislation it clearly states that only certificated bailiffs can collect council tax arrears

according to the Ministry of justice web site Mr xxxx is not a certificated bailiff therefore should not be collecting council tax on behalf of birming ham council

Can you please send conformation of Mr xxxx status with Equita and if he is a certificated bailiff can you confirm his bailiffs number and the name of the court where he was certificate

Hello Tomtubby in my dealings with Phoenix in early January, he was able to get a WP because I was dumb enough to let him in, there had been two previous visits but I wasn't in, and he added the 'enforcement fee' there and then, are you saying hat an enforcement fee is only valid if part of another visit after a WP/levy visit has been made...and invalid if at the same time as the WP?

Hi babyneedsanewcoat here is a link to my main thread please read it we are both having the same problems with Birmingham and Equita and if we were to join forces we would have a stronger case as TRUST me on this the council will not see any wrongdoing on Equitas part NO MATTER what you say or send to the council I have expieianced this for myself I have had a meeting with Head of Revenues and some VERY High directors from Equita and my evidance was slapping them in the face but they were not interested in the slightest so with Tomtubbys help Im going to take them all the way as far as it can go anyway heres the link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/201013-im-sure-equita-have.html

Edited by bailiffbasher69
spell check

I have been speaking with the Local Government Ombudsman's office on a seperate matter and they have told me that if you have a Compliant for the Council about their bailiff's then you MUST do the following:

You must ENSURE that you mark your letter: FORMAL COMPLAINT.

Your letter should be addressed to the CHIEF EXECUTIVE and should be COPIED to the COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT ( this will ensure that it is registered as a formal complaint).