Important!! Perfect way I managed to stop DCA's calling me!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Righty, thought I would post my experience on here as I have had calls from two separate DCA's about different stuff... and both have instantly removed all my numbers from their database as soon as I did this to them. Heres what happens:

DCA calls you asks to confirm name, address, DOB etc.. Then they say its about your outstanding account. Here is the response I used :-

"I am very aware of this outstanding account however I have chosen to ignore letters you have sent to me due to the fact I have found them to be rather harrasing. I hereby also officially request under section 127 of the communications act 2003, that you do not call me on this or any other number you may have and ask you to remove them off your system as of now. Do you understand me?"

They will more than likely comply. If not then repeat "Again, I hereby officially request under section 127 of the communications act 2003, that you do not call me on this or any other number you may have and ask you to remove them off your system as of now."

Its very unlikely that you have to repeat it a second time. Its also worth mentioning "I am fully aware of my rights concerning this civil matter, but must warn you that harrasment is a criminal offence"

You more than likely will get an apology and wont hear from them again. For me this has worked and i havent heard a thing, not even a letter.

The companies were Robinson Way, and BCW. No other company has contacted me but if they do I will be armed :)

I know it means the so-called debt is still outstanding and its upto individuals if they wish to pay them off. Ive been there done that bought T shirt with CCJ's, bailiffs etc (learnt all my rights) and even managed to sue paypal a couple years ago so it doesnt worry me one bit :)

Alternatively borrow a three-year old (or use one you made earlier), put them on the 'phone with the DCA. Children of that age love to chat + it would keep the three-year old amused too. ;)

:D:D:D

Alternatively borrow a three-year old (or use one you made earlier), put them on the 'phone with the DCA. Children of that age love to chat + it would keep the three-year old amused too. ;)

my 3 year old grandson would certainly keep the DCA amused it will be all about fireman sam thou:lol:

I just use the "hello thank you for calling the harrassment line, this is *made up name* speaking, are you calling to report a DCA?" I love how the line usually goes dead before as soon as I say the word 'harrassment' lol.

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol: