Money shop ignoring my letters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I stupidly took out a 'debit card advance' with the money shop at the begining of january. I had to write out cheques to the value just incase i didnt pay by card.

I rolled this over 3times at £40 a time as i was in no financial state to pay in full. I explained that i was struggling, they said i need to pay or they would cash the cheques and i would incur a £25 charger per cheque (3 cheques).

They cashed the cheques! So now i have been issued by one of their default notices as they didnt clear. My balance is now £325.00 balance!

They ring me allllll the time so i wrote saying i would only respond by letter or email. they ring my work and one day my collegue answerd the phone and they had a go at her thinking it was me!!! i was mortified! The bloke that rings me all the time says that untill i talk to him, he will continue to ring and that no letter has been recieved. Hes a nasty piece of work!!!

they also send cards through the post, making it clear that i am in difficulty which is embarassing!

they have not responded to my letter, i have proof it has been recieved as i sent it recorded and i have a copy of the letter!

Any advice much appreciated as i will not be bullied by these people!!

I would send them the harrassment letter from the template library and also report them to the OFT as they are way out of order. I would make sure you 'lose' your debit card and get a new one just in case they try and help themselves. Offer them a payment plan you can afford and keep copies of all correspondence- insist they freeze all interest.

You are right not to let them bully you- once they realise you can't be intimidated they will have to negotiate albeit you may have to accept the odd embarrassing call or letter

emma can I just ask the rude person who spoke to u at the money shop was his named called Dean as he might of been the same person I spoke to. I had numerous amount of calls from them at work which was very embarassing, they then cashed 4 cheques for £400.00 last month. I spoke to them and the woman said I cant have the money back as it was simply "what I owed them" not a nice set of people!

I cant quite remember his name, i think he has told me it once but thats it. Must be a tactic so i cant make a direct complaint. In the process of producing and sending another letter as they still havnt responded. I will also record the phone calls if i do decide to speak to them at all. They are evil, all of them. I would love to see what they would be like if the shoe was on the other foot!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Post unapproved.

Why don't you try being a bit kinded hey? This website is here to help and advise people, not to judge and tell them off!

Ladytg might have fallen into financial problems which caused her not to be able to pay her debt off. This does happen and unfortunately these types of companies pray on people if they are low on cash!

1st post mmmmm.... joined today...... do you work for the money shop hun?

Edited by Rooster-UK
Unapproved post quoted. Quote removed.

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously