1st Credit....Strange !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Been around cag for a long time now, but just wondering what these toerags are up to.

They were the first pond **** to buy my cc debt back in December 07 but scuttled off and sold the debt on to lower pond **** (is this possible;)) when sent the "account in dispute" letter,who got the same treatment,still no cca.

Today there was a letter from them containing about 20 statements from my old cc account, and a first credit with compliments slip, no explination just that.

Not going to bother to dignify it with a reply, but any thoughts guys:confused:

Cheers Sham

Hi Elsa,

Cant wait for the next one , kind of miss all the threatograms they used to send before i joined cag , i hope they send me a dominos pizza and a bottle of red next :lol:

Sham

Hi Folks new to site (joined 2day) picked up on 1st credit lot. Had another letter 2day from em saying I could have a 30% discount off my cc debt if, I paid in the next 6weeks. Goin to see how much more discount I can get!! will post result when I know

PS HFC (Beneficial Finance) have offered me a 50% discount to settle their account, any advance on 50% ladies and gentlemen.

Hi smiley,

The problem with these threatmonkeys , is that they have not realised that you get further with a kind word , rather than the threat of a big stick !!:rolleyes:

its human nature that when your pushed into a corner , bullied , intimidated , and abused , sooner or later the worm will turn !!:)

Sham

hiya all

oh ive had those nice letters ,,,,however the latest to darken my door is that they have viewed my credit files and see im much better with my finances now so can i call them to discuss my options???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

ive ignored the phone calls thanks truecall,,,, not responded as id done that with the original creditor who insisted they had supplied my cca, which i cant read and ive disputed but then they default me and sell it on

so now its who blinks first,,,,lol

im tempted to request a cca from them but then,,,might just use the cpr route if i get any court claim

i dont know what they mean about my credit file,,, but i guess they can see the mortgage is being paid on time and so how does that prove im doing better financially??

so be on your guard guys,,,will be requesting my upto date files from all this week

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

hiya all

oh ive had those nice letters ,,,,however the latest to darken my door is that they have viewed my credit files and see im much better with my finances now so can i call them to discuss my options???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

ive ignored the phone calls thanks truecall,,,, not responded as id done that with the original creditor who insisted they had supplied my cca, which i cant read and ive disputed but then they default me and sell it on

so now its who blinks first,,,,lol

im tempted to request a cca from them but then,,,might just use the cpr route if i get any court claim

i dont know what they mean about my credit file,,, but i guess they can see the mortgage is being paid on time and so how does that prove im doing better financially??

so be on your guard guys,,,will be requesting my upto date files from all this week

laters angel x

I too have had one of these lovely "we see you are better off now" letters after clearly looking at my credit file. I have towed the line with this lot as when they first started on me I was extremely scared of them and hadn't the confidence to deal them. I just pay them what I can afford but generally speaking when I get the usual "full and final settlement offer" I ignore them and leave well alone. What's the best way to progress? Do I just ignore them and hope they will crawl off back into the woodwork. They get their pound of flesh off me every month through CCCS or do I start provoking them?

If you think I have been any help at all, click my scales, go on.... You know you want to! :lol:

LLoyds: (Husband) - *Settled in full* 20/12/06

Halifax: (Mum) - *Settled in full* 05/12/06

Studio: *Settled in full and more* 09/12/06

GE Capital - *Settled in full* 16/11/06

Barclays: - *Settled in full* 04/01/07

Capital One: - *Settled in full* 02/02/07

MBNA: - *Settled in full* 30/01/07

Yorkshire Bank (Friend) - *Settled in full* 30/06/07

LLoyds TSB x 3 in progress (Friend x 2 and Husband again)

Abbey National in progess (Friend)

I can't believe how low they stoop. Even a Judge will agree that certain 'priority' debts have to be paid first, so now because we do that and they go poking about in our credit files they penalise us:confused:

This is sinking to even lower depths.

It has been my experience that when they start offering f & f settlement figures it is usually because they know they have no way of enforcing that particular debt in Court.

I can't believe how low they stoop. Even a Judge will agree that certain 'priority' debts have to be paid first, so now because we do that and they go poking about in our credit files they penalise us:confused:

This is sinking to even lower depths.

It has been my experience that when they start offering f & f settlement figures it is usually because they know they have no way of enforcing that particular debt in Court.

Just hang on a sec - what gives them any rights whatsoever to go poking around in anyones credit file?

Eyes opened and back in control of my life thanks to this site x

Just hang on a sec - what gives them any rights whatsoever to go poking around in anyones credit file?

its assumed that by giving the OC the right when you applied for credit etc, that these morons who are dealing with the debt have the same right, not very nice but there you have it

its assumed that by giving the OC the right when you applied for credit etc, that these morons who are dealing with the debt have the same right, not very nice but there you have it

Not forgetting of course that they (the banks/dcas) own the credit reference agencies, who regularly flag up any changes in your status to their "preferred members", i.e. their owners...its all just one big racket:-x

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

hiya all and yes i agree, but is it just best to ignore them since im getting to the stage that if they did have an enforceable agreement which i dont think they have on my mbna one,,,,, i can leave this until they take court action and then respond with a defense to view the documents they will rely on in court before i consider any payment to them?

what can they actually do by saying they are viewing my credit file, im not getting anymore credit - trying to clear the enforceable debts away and challenging anyone who actually is challenging me via any court action - but as yet no one yet sent me any court papers,,,,

so wait for their next move?? guess me and lots of us in the same boat then

laters guys thanks have a sunny day angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D