County Court Summons - Arrow Global

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I am posting on behalf of my mother, she was a victim of identity fraud (police were involved) in 2003/2004 and one of creditors involved was orange. the fraudster ran up a bill for £278 and today we have received a county court summons, the claimant being Arrow Global on behalf of orange.

The letter has the northampton county court stamp on, however we are loacted in Devon, so what are our options please guys?

Your help is much appreciated.

Ensure that you complete an the Acknowledgement of Service with 14 days of the date of issue (allowing 5 days for service) of the claim form, then file a defence (with 28 days from the date of issue, allowing 5 days for service) stating that the bill was run up by a fraudster and include the appropriate crime reference number and supporting documentation.

Northampton is a bulk clearing centre for claims for when the claim is filed on line (using MCOL) it should be transferred to your local court once it proceeds as a defended claim.

Post your defence up here and we will help with it.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Great advice from Guido....Do you still have the crime number ?

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Can you also state what the Particulars Of The Claim are ?

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Yes we do have a crime number... we have just submitted the acknowledgement of service online.. cheers for the help so far guys...

Particulars -

1. The defendant entered into a contract for the provision of services with Orange (the agreement).

2. On 01 September 2008 the claimant, which is a company incorporated in the state of Delaware, USA, and has its registered office at 5996 W Touchy Avenue, Niles, IL 60714, USA, acquired all of Orange's rights in relation to the agreement.

3. The defendant is indebted to the claimant in the sum of £278.98 in respect of the unpaid sums due under the agreement.

4. The defendant is in breach of the agreement by failing to make payment under the terms of the agreement.

5. The defendant has, despite request for payment, failed to pay the sum of £278.98 and is indebted to the claimant in the sum of £213.98. The claimant therefore claims the sum of £278.98 pursuant to the terms of the agreement.

Something along the lines of....(others may want to add to this, as i'm not familiar with defences in these particular cases)

The defendant denies being indebted to the claimant.

The defendant has been the victim of identity fraud and has reported this to the police under crime number XXXXXX

I BELIEVE THE FACTS SET OUT IN THIS DEFENCE ARE TRUE

Signed:

Dated: