Amazing Offer to me in Australia from HSBC - Well D&G to be precise !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys,

without going into too much detail, and as all of you on here know about my situation with UK debt, thought I would share this with you. I had a Loan of approx GBP 30K and paid GBP 400 per month for over 3 years before moving to Oz, with the collapse of the housing market in UK, I could not pay the loan back in full (unsecured).

I have written to HSBC Solicitors (DG we all know they are in house) for nearly 2 years with payment offers, but was always refused,they threatened with the usual legal action etc etc ! A few weeks ago, I got a letter saying they were disappointed I had not kept to my promised payment, and would be going legal ! I had offered a set monthly amount, but never was it accepted.

I finally CCA'd them, and got the response that it was a current account, and no credit agreement was in place.....I wrote back stating that no way would HSBC offer me such a High Overdraft, and demanding a CCA for the loan account..and never recieved anything.

In the Post (PO Box) today..........An offer for me to pay GBP 60 per month over 40 Years..........and the debt was for 34k now !!!

What next.........any ideas ?? - I know pay or walk away and face any consequences that may arise ??

I have had similar with HSBC (First Direct). DCA chased me, i send cca, they state that client informs them it is current account overdraft. I send SAR and guess what - confirms no overdraft in place. Not had any correspodence since.

oneahead

• 3 weeks later...
Guys,

without going into too much detail, and as all of you on here know about my situation with UK debt, thought I would share this with you. I had a Loan of approx GBP 30K and paid GBP 400 per month for over 3 years before moving to Oz, with the collapse of the housing market in UK, I could not pay the loan back in full (unsecured).

I have written to HSBC Solicitors (DG we all know they are in house) for nearly 2 years with payment offers, but was always refused,they threatened with the usual legal action etc etc ! A few weeks ago, I got a letter saying they were disappointed I had not kept to my promised payment, and would be going legal ! I had offered a set monthly amount, but never was it accepted.

I finally CCA'd them, and got the response that it was a current account, and no credit agreement was in place.....I wrote back stating that no way would HSBC offer me such a High Overdraft, and demanding a CCA for the loan account..and never recieved anything.

In the Post (PO Box) today..........An offer for me to pay GBP 60 per month over 40 Years..........and the debt was for 34k now !!!

What next.........any ideas ?? - I know pay or walk away and face any consequences that may arise ??

OK Update on above offer from D&G Solicitors (HSBC).

When I queried their offer of payment, suggesting that account was not a current overdraft, I actually referred them to my original request for CCA, anyway yesterday I got the following response !

"We confirm that we have requeste a copy of opening credit agreement for loan account xxxxxx from our client. We will forward this onto you when recieved it.

Matters will be held in abeyance until then"

I had origionally sent a CCA Request on 21st April, and DG Original Response by letter to me was as your account withour Client was a current account there was no credit agreement in place (or words to that effect) !!

Any Suggestions Members do I have any advantage here ??

Help once again please guys

Many Thanks

Well, it doesn't hurt having caught them lying through their teeth does it.

See what they come back with in the way of an agreement, if indeed they can and if it's enforceable anyway.

David

I tend to agree with ODC on this

Thanks for guidance - Just have to sit and wait now....and hope it either doesn't arrive or if it does it is not enforceable !!

How would I know if it was enforceable though ?