• Tweets

• EON may have paid £89 refund in error and now they want it back.   Up to you really. But once you have sent the copy death cert that should stop any further communications.  You can of course look to take this further, but whether you would easily gain any compensation, is the question that you need to ask yourself.  They may dig their heels in and you then get into months of ping pong communications.
    • Great thanks, will leave 2 in then, replace 3 and I think its good to go.    This is exactly what I have in my word file ready to send, I think im happy with it and can send to mcol monday morning. Any further thoughts or things to update please let me know.   Again thank you both for your help, really is priceless.         Defence:   1.     The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.    2.     The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.   3.     Paragraph 1 is noted. It is accepted I have in the past had agreements with New Day LTD RE Aqua. I do not recall the precise details or agreement nor the claimant either having failed to plead an agreement/account number within its particulars of claim and have therefore sought verification from the claimant.   4.     Paragraph 2 is noted but until such time the claimant can clarify the agreement account number any breach has yet to be proven.      5.     I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served by either the Claimant or New Day LTD RE Aqua pursuant to the Law of Property Act 1925.   6.     It is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant. The Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of the Agreement/Assignment/Default notice or Termination requested by CPR 31. 14, and will shortly be in default of my section 78 request, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:   (a)   show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement and; (b)   show and evidence the breach and service of a Default Notice pursuant to sec 87(1) CCA1974 on which the Termination referred to relies upon. (c)   show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and (d)   show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;   7.     As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.   8.     On the 17th of November I requested to The Claimants Solicitors, Mortimer Clarke by way of a CPR 31.14 copies of the documents referred to within the Claimants particulars to establish what the claim is for. Mortimer Clarke have failed to fulfil my CPR 31:14 request.   9.     On the 16th of November I made a section 78 legal request to the claimant for a copy of the Consumer Credit Agreement. The claimant has as of of 06/12/21 failed to comply.   10.  By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.
    • Hi just a quickie   Now in reference to my Post#2 here have they actually provided you with those policies that I pointed out and importantly a copy of there Public Liability Insurance?   If they haven't   Make sure and send them a little reminder adding to the letter in Post#32 that so far they have failed to provide these and you require clarification as to their reason for this failure     Dear Sir/Madam   Complaint Reference: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX   Further to my recent letter about this matter Dated XX/XX/2021 I would also like to add that so far you have still failed to provide the following:   Copy of your Compensation Policy (not the leaflet) Copy of your Complaints Policy (not the leaflet) Copy of your Customer service Charter/Policy (not the leaflet) Copy of your Public Liability Insurance (not the leaflet) Copy of Repairs an Maintenance Policy (not the leaflet)   I asked for these is my letter to yourselves dated XX/XX/2021, to date you have failed to respond to this request nor is the Housing Association being Open and Accountable to it's Service Users and I require full clarification for the reason for this failure and when you are going to provide what I have requested.   If you refuse to provide these I require full clarification as to your reason with links to the relevant legislation and exactly which parts you are relying on for your refusal of my request.     Note: If they have answered this please ignore but from your responses I think they have tried to ignore this so you add this to put a rocket up their 'beep' so to speak.   You are more than welcome to the help it's what we are here for, you just look after yourself and take care     
    • The DVLA know less about POFA than my dog that died twenty years ago. They also never admit they have made an error.   Trading Standards would probably be a better avenue for you either on Council inaction on no pp thus appearing to aid and abet a PE scam, condoning PE committing an offence and allowing them to rip off the Council customers as well as financial impropriety by not insisting that PE pay for the requisite fees for permission. You could also complain to the ICO on the same grounds and get two investigations going.
    • I am surprised that POPLA found that your appeal had failed when Initial's response to the appeal had been withdrawn. There was no need for them to adjudicate. POP.LA should have agreed that you had won your appeal. I wonder if Initial  knew something that you and obviously POPLA didn't.  Ignore DRP. I was going to advise  you  write to Initial stating that as they had withdrawn their PCN on appeal so if DRP were acting on instructions from Initial they have breached your GDPR. However on second thoughts you may be best to send them a SAR first to get confirmation that they had withdrawn their claim before going for the breach.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Could someone browse this, to help, please? Capital One/CABOT CCA Request Response

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:rolleyes: Hi

I'm not sure if this response is sufficient, or not. The tiny 'credit card account agreement' typing at the bottom of the page is almost illegible, and was accompanied by a poorly copied standard, unsigned, description of a credit agreement.

Is this thing that I have signed an actual agreement, as it's headed 'Easy Application Form'?

Capital One sold the debt to CABOT in January. I made the request for this information on the 27th April, they acknowledged receipt of the request on the 29th. They wrote to me twice to delay the response (CABOT couldn't retrieve the information from Capital One sooner) and finally sent a full statement of my account and the attached two pages, on 28th May - almost a month later.

I was 63 (Aug 02) when they allowed me this card: unemployed, and then retired at 65 (Jan 04), soon after they increased the limit of the card from £200 to £600 in June 2004 and £1200 in March of 2005, at which time I was 66 and had no way of repaying it. But, yes, I used it. I was allowed to increase the limit to £1200, even though the account was already over it's limit at the time (by £64). I now have an arrangement to pay them £2 per month, but from seeing the state of the agreement, I wonder if I could find a way to challenge it. They are threatening to take this to court, but they'll never get more than £2 per month.

Any ideas would be most appreciated. :-)

I hope these attachments work:

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww200/runmonkey/CapitalOne5634AcctAgreement.jpg

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww200/runmonkey/CapitalOne5634AcctAgreement2.jpg

Capital One  5634 Acct Agreement.jpg

Capital One  5634 Acct Agreement 2.jpg

Edited by TadThomas

If these are two seperate pages then its not suffice,

you should send them:

Dear Sirs,

Account no xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: my request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974

This account is in Dispute .

On xx/xx/2007 I wrote to xxxxxxxxx requesting that xxxxxxx supply me a true copy of the executed credit agreement for this account.

In response to this request I was supplied a mere application form which did not comply with the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The document sent purporting to be a credit agreement does not contain any of the prescribed terms as required by section 60(1) Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553) made under the authority of the “1974 Act” sets out what the prescribed terms are, I refer you to Schedule 6 Column 2 of SI 1983/1553 for the definition of what is required. Suffice to say none of the terms are present in the document

Since this document does not contain the required prescribed terms it is rendered unenforceable by s127 (3) consumer Credit Act 1974, which states

127(3) The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a)(signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner).

This situation is backed by case law from the Lords of Appeal in Ordinary (House of Lords) the highest court in the land. Your attention is drawn to the authority of the House of Lords in Wilson-v- FCT [2003] All ER (D) 187 (Jul) which confirms that where a document does not contain the required terms under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 the agreement cannot be enforced.

In addition should you continue to pursue me for this debt you will be in breach of the OFT guidelines, I draw your attention to the Office of Fair Trading’s guidance on debt collection

The OFT guidance which was issued July 2003 (updated December 2006) relating to debt collections and what the OFT considers unfair, I have enclosed an excerpt from page 5 of the guidance which states

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

h. Ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment

I require you to produce a compliant copy of my credit agreement to confirm I am liable to you or any organisation, which you represent for this alleged debt, if you cannot do so I require written clarification that this is the case. Should you ignore this request I will report you to the Office of Fair Trading to consider your suitability to hold a credit licence in addition to a complaint to Trading Standards, as you will be in breach of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40

Since the agreement is unenforceable and the default notice is non compliant, it would be in everyone’s interest to consider the matter closed and for your client to write the debt off. I suggest you give serious consideration to this as any attempt of litigation will be vigorously defended and I will counter claim for all quantifiable damages

I respectfully request a response to this letter in 14 days

I trust this out lines the situation

have you read this?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thanks Ida.

Yes, they are separate sheets of paper. One of which seems to have no date attached to it, but a '2003' written in the corner, which is later than the signature date. I'll send your letter off and see what happens. :D

Thanks again.

Edited by TadThomas

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here's the response I received to that last letter. It's quite confusing to me.

I have read somewhere on here that the terms and conditions should be contained within 'the four corners' of the document? It also refers to the Consumer Credit (Agreement) Regulations 1983, which, she claims, negates any argument regarding the form and content?

Could someone help me formulate a response, please?

They keep saying that the signature form doesn't have to include all the Terms and Conditions, so long as the form refers to another. They have also refused to comment on the fact that the copy was illegible (so they may well have a legible copy and my copy was just bad).

Also, I am finding that the banks are using CCA 1974 against me, when requesting a signed copy. So, I have requested things under Civil Procedures. Can anyone suggest a sure fire way of requesting this document, as using CCA 1974 seems pretty messy and wastes time?

Thanks a lot. :D

I've attached my letter to CABOT, and their response.

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww200/runmonkey/Cabot050609.jpg

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww200/runmonkey/Cabot050609Page2.jpg

Response:

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww200/runmonkey/CabotResponse180609.jpg

Hi. Well, I've just received this through the post.

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww200/runmonkey/LatestAgreementfromCreditSolutionsB.jpg

To clarify this, I have two accounts with Capital One. I'll call them Account 1 and Account 2. Account 1 has £1200 outstanding and Account 2 has £500. Both are credit cards. Account 1 has been bought by Cabot. Account 2 is being collected by Credit Solutions.

I made a CCA1974 request for Account 1, and Cabot sent me an illegible copy of the agreement, so I wrote back and asked for a clearer copy. (The copy of the agreement is linked at #4 above along with my response)

Today I receive the application form for Account 1, but from Credit Solutions (Account 2). Obviously, Credit Solutions retrieved the wrong form from Capital One, without realising that it has the wrong account number on it. And, therefore, so has Cabot sent me the wrong application form. Also, Credit Solutions didn't send any of the other information that they are required to do, even though I didn't request it from them.

This seems like a perfect time to NOT tell them about it, I think. One of the forms is illegible, and perhaps they think I wouldn't have noticed the wrong account number at the top of the page. How devious! :p What a bunch of goons!

So, I'd only like to know - are these application forms 'properly executed': as they do refer to a document separate to the application form? CCA1974 says that you can refer to a separate document.

Also, what would you do now, in this situation? Any ideas? After all, the aim has to be to get them to back down completely, and stop registering things on credit files.

hiya,

the application form is unenforceable anyway.

i would not let them know its the wrong account just that they have replied to your letter re account 2

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

***ALTERED POST***

This post is concerned with Account 1 held with CABOT (now).

These were sent to Cap1 (Credit Solutions) in relation to Account 2:

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww200/runmonkey/CapOne41240609Page1Blank.jpg

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww200/runmonkey/CapOne41240609Page2Blank.jpg

It is relevant to this post, as it concerns a mix up with the agreements between the two accounts. Capital One now know that I have noticed their confusion, and that they've sent the wrong copy application forms out to me and to the company who now own Account 1 - CABOT, and the company who now collect for Capital One for Account 2 - Credit Solutions.

Edited by TadThomas

can you clarify, have you sent a cca 1974 request or a cpr request?

#

ida x

***ALTERED POST***

Well, for both accounts I used the CCA1974 template, from here.

For Account 1 I used a slightly moulded version of your template at #4, above. It mentions the CPR, because I confused it with Account 2 stuff for a minute. The letter I sent to Cap1 in relation to Account 1:

(http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww200/runmonkey/Cabot050609.jpg)

They responded with:

In addition: they haven't responded to a request under CPR (Civil Procedure Rules) prolly coz I forgot to make one formally. :eek: I just loosely mentioned it in the letter heading, above. (I honestly thought I'd done it separately. DUH!)

Ah well, it may be worth me just sending a Subject Access Request (Data Protection Act) for this now. Just so there's no confusion about what information they actually hold.

But, I'll wait til you respond, just to get a second opinion, first.

I just can't trust myself. :razz:

Thanks. :)

Edited by TadThomas

you could send:

Dear Sirs,

On xx/xx/2007 I wrote to xxxxxxxxx requesting that xxxxxxx supply me a true copy of the executed credit agreement for this account.

In response to this request I was supplied a mere application form which did not comply with the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The document sent purporting to be a credit agreement does not contain any of the prescribed terms as required by section 60(1) Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553) made under the authority of the “1974 Act” sets out what the prescribed terms are, I refer you to Schedule 6 Column 2 of SI 1983/1553 for the definition of what is required. Suffice to say none of the terms are present in the document

Since this document does not contain the required prescribed terms it is rendered unenforceable by s127 (3) consumer Credit Act 1974, which states

127(3) The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a)(signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner).

This situation is backed by case law from the Lords of Appeal in Ordinary (House of Lords) the highest court in the land. Your attention is drawn to the authority of the House of Lords in Wilson-v- FCT [2003] All ER (D) 187 (Jul) which confirms that where a document does not contain the required terms under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 the agreement cannot be enforced.

In addition should you continue to pursue me for this debt you will be in breach of the OFT guidelines, I draw your attention to the Office of Fair Trading’s guidance on debt collection

The OFT guidance which was issued July 2003 (updated December 2006) relating to debt collections and what the OFT considers unfair, I have enclosed an excerpt from page 5 of the guidance which states

h. Ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment

I require you to produce a compliant copy of my credit agreement to confirm I am liable to you or any organisation, which you represent for this alleged debt, if you cannot do so I require written clarification that this is the case. Should you ignore this request I will report you to the Office of Fair Trading to consider your suitability to hold a credit licence in addition to a complaint to Trading Standards, as you will be in breach of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40

Since the agreement is unenforceable and the default notice is non compliant, it would be in everyone’s interest to consider the matter closed and for your client to write the debt off. I suggest you give serious consideration to this as any attempt of litigation will be vigorously defended and I will counter claim for all quantifiable damages

or go down the cpr route

ida x

you could send:

Dear Sirs,

or go down the cpr route

ida x

Hi Ida, I sent that response to them on the 5th June. I altered the template and accidentally mentioned the CPR in the letter heading, as I thought that I'd also requested info under CPR, but haven't. They responded with:

That is the situation regarding Account 1, to 28th June.

For Account 2, I've sent this, which mentions the confusion between the documents:

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww200/runmonkey/CapOne41240609Page1Blank.jpg

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww200/runmonkey/CapOne41240609Page2Blank.jpg

That's the situation with Account 2 to 28th June.

Phew! :oops::oops::oops:

Edited by TadThomas
Confustion between two accounts, Capital One, Cabot and Credit Solutions and someone with a short attention span - me!

to be honest it'll just be a game of ping pong, you know what they have sent is not enforceable and they say they have.

it may be time for you to try the cpr route to see if they really have the agreement

ida x

Has anybody read anything about anyone getting their Capital One agreement actually declared unenforceable at court and how they did it?

I really want to get these credit file entries removed, and I don't think I'll be able to do this without a judge declaring them unenforceable, or without using case histories to convince Cabot/Capital One to get it done.

CPR says that I can't formally request any documents from the 'other side' (creditors), but a judge can order they provide it if I apply to the court. I don't know if this would have to be during the 'allocation' stage, or if I can get them to supply it informally, or by some other means?

Now that my approach is to dispute the debt, and to get the credit file entries removed - do I have to start conversing with both Capital One - on the file entry, and Cabot on the debt (now that Cabot seem to own the debt)?

Edited by TadThomas
Change of mind.