• Tweets

• Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
    • Sorry, I got confused  Yes, it states all three   Thanks, 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Very strange behaviour from MBNA

Coactum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the amount of the alleged debt? and are you a homeowner?

And a charge on the property is not at the discretion of the courts should a judgement against you be made, it only becomes an issue if you miss a payment on

the amount awarded against you each month. (the amount the court order you to pay each month) only then can a charge be applied.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

The latest communication from Experto Credite (who now have my MBNA account) advises me that they know I am a home owner and that they are considering legal action that will result in a charge being taken over my property.

I do feel like replying reiterating my continued denial of the debt and highlighting the presumptuous nature of their letter because as far as I am aware any charge would be at the discretion of the court and only after the debt was proven. However, I do think that a reply merely alerts them to the fact that you are listening and in turn opens a whole new dialogue.

Your suggested responses are most welcome

Just another one of their threat letters!

I would imagine after your name and address at the top of the letter in small print you have "HOM2"

Its just a standard template letter that they have probably fired off to loads of people in a desperate attempt to scare people because they are mentioning the fact that you are a home owner.

They know full well that they have bought unenforceable alleged debts, but I guess if they keep persisting they will wear down some people into unneccessarily making payments.

My Posts exist exclusively to assist me in preparing litigation against another party.

As such, it is almost certainly protected by litigation privilege.

The legal requirements for claiming litigation privilege are well established and are not in dispute.

Communication between a solicitor, or the client, or a third party will be protected by litigation privilege where the communications are for the dominent purpose of obtaining legal advice in connection with, or conducting litigation in prospect: Re: "Highgate Traders Limited (1984)"BCLC 151.

Copyright Information: All information contained in this website , Associated websites, and Forum posts are Copyright "Reclaim The Right Ltd". If you wish to use the information on this site for publication elsewhere then please email the administrator for permission.

DebT: Yes I am a home owner. The alleged debt is just under £10K. Thanks for clarifying charge procedure.

GeoffreyAlby: It actually has Hom1 rather than Hom2, I guess therefore that I can expect a Hom2 at some future date.

A fresh barrage of call from MBNA, or rather from a determined “fatherless dwarf” saying he was calling from them, has just tried catching me on almost every number I have; business, home and mobile. Told him I had nothing to say and he insisted that he would just keep phoning back. I said that I would need to report them for making nuisance calls and he said please do so. All rather childish and not the level of professionalism one expects from of company of MBNA’s stature.

Professional and MBNA don't go together in my opinion! I suspect they are a bit down on their target for collecting bad debts for September and this is a last attempt to get funds in before the 30th. More than likely there are bonuses hanging on them hitting some spurious target. Haven't bothered me yet so bound to now!

Was this guy from MBNA or CMC (also known as Experte Credito)?

My Posts exist exclusively to assist me in preparing litigation against another party.

As such, it is almost certainly protected by litigation privilege.

The legal requirements for claiming litigation privilege are well established and are not in dispute.

Communication between a solicitor, or the client, or a third party will be protected by litigation privilege where the communications are for the dominent purpose of obtaining legal advice in connection with, or conducting litigation in prospect: Re: "Highgate Traders Limited (1984)"BCLC 151.

Copyright Information: All information contained in this website , Associated websites, and Forum posts are Copyright "Reclaim The Right Ltd". If you wish to use the information on this site for publication elsewhere then please email the administrator for permission.

Strangely enough he was not clear. He said he was calling about my MBNA account rather that he was from MBNA. Today I have a letter from Aegis offering a 60% discount from the MBNA account is I settle in 3 monthly instalments! The phone number was 0118 952 5300 which I looked up to find related to Experto Credite.

• 1 month later...

Why do DCA’s come in waves? I can go for months hearing nothing then all of a sudden many strike at once. In the case of this thread the latest letter from HL Legal on behalf of Experto Credite Ltd who are agents of Varde Investments (Ireland) Ltd., (yes it is rather confusing but I’m sure this is the account that started life as MBNA), threatens to instruct their Scottish agents to raise action against me unless I pay blah blah.

I’m inclined to ignore until they actually serve Sheriff Court papers but would appreciate any comments from others who have been down this path already?

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I am passed on by experto to CMC and they offering 50 % off debits or pay what can i afford even a £10 monthly blah blah and also have offered to pay the same amount to MBNA as I make payments ie If i make £10 payment they will make £10 payment If I pay £50 they will pay £50 ( Aww so nice and kind ) for month of dec and jan . or keep continuing payments of £10 and they will review my circumstances evey now and then ,,,,,,,,,,,Experto failed to get me SAR instead they sent me internal call log althouhgh i have made payment for SAR to Experto.

Onething i want to know they offered me the option of Bankrupcy ( what is their interest if i go Bankrupt )

Sometimes i feel so stressed with threatning calls and letters that i think i should pay a £10 every month to avoid the stress but then get scared that by doing so i may enter into another contract for life and why i should pay them while i have paid them more than i actually borrowed and these are all their sky high interest charges and late fees . why they dont provide me SAR . I offered experto and others that after studying sar if i still owe them i make payments somwhow at no more than 7 % interest charge etc .

what should i do? I need an urgent and safe advise before i committ myself to anything regretable . ( I dont have any property on my name my OH removed my name from home and mortgage papers last year and is the sole owner of the house)]

Please advise me what i should do i dont want to make some silly decession or mistake .

please please help as you always do .

Hussy

Oh dear Xmas is nearly here, if we can get them to pay say £10 per month, they (us) may think oh goody more monies to spend xmas, they will not ask for more, (We will get them in the new year as they have made a payment, so accept a debt we are chasing without doc!s.) Well they might be trying it on ??????? End of year/bonus time????

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I'm still wondering if MBNA have told Experto that they sent a load of us letters stating that ''at this present time, they dont hold an enforceable agreement and while this situation persists, they will not take court action''! How would Experto/Varde feel about that, after buying up so many accounts? :)

BF

I hope you do not think that my experiance is even more stranger.

Remember MBNA are an American Bank and just this last week the UK Judiciary mainly a district Judge allowed a UK Citizen to be heald without trial and without bail for upsetting the Americans. I hope people will continue defending justice but we have a real uphill struggle. See my post at titled No hope for Justice

Hi, Not all my posts are being published for some reason. Please see my post no hope for Justice if you can view it.

I am a home ovner. My alleged debt to MBNA was £7,800. I paid it off in vrious lump sum payments,then recived a final demand for another £3800. I challanged it and contacted FOS / CAB.

MBNA and Restons solicitors still applied for an intrim court order before FOS had concluded their investigation. Initially they did not send me my financial information as part of the data access request and they refused to send me past Statements.

Cut a long story short , last week a district judge gace them a charging order without any proof that I owe the money. I was told to appeal but I can not afford the costs.

Through all this I have been paying them £100 per month and have not missed any payments.

The Judgement has come through but the the judge also allowed them to add further anulised intrest and costs so i am witing for the final bill from them.

I had taken out a claim in the small claims track against Restons / MBNA because they had not complied with my data access request and because they had given no proof of the money they claimed I owve them. They exchanged bundles with me. In their I found strange costings that appeared after the debt was sold to restons like £3800 for 'finance charge' no idea what that is about and 'foot charge'. I allso found that the last two payments I made to MBNA had been shown on the statement but not reflected in the total. They appeared to have been added to the account rather then removed from it.

Despite all this evidance the Judge took about 8 mins to make his decion. 7 Minutes were listining to Reston's. He chose to ignore any thing I had to say. He also implied that he would order costs against me for my claim in the small courts as he was residing on that case as well.

I tried to tell him that he could not issue a charge on an ammount that was not only in dispute but where a hearing of that case was scheduled to take place in March 2011.

I also found it strange that my application which was lodged in August with the small claims court could only be heard at the earlist in March 2011 whilst MBN made their application , recived an intrim and final charging order and a sale order all within 14 days in December 2010.

Thats my experiance any way.