Link Financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a debt with HSBC which as been passed onto Link Financial.

I've been told by them that although I can write to them all communications from them must be over the telephone, they cannot write to me.

Not sure how that works as I've had a letter confirming the balance owed and also that I have not replied to any messages they have left me via e-mail.

Can they do this ?

I want everything in writing so I can keep track of what's happening and I don't want them telephoning me at work.

I've requested no phones calls at work and they have so far kept to that.

I haven't given them my home number and if I do phone them from work the calls are recorded but I don't want to be bullied into paying what I cannot afford.

K

I've been told by them that although I can write to them all communications from them must be over the telephone, they cannot write to me.

Not sure how that works as I've had a letter confirming the balance owed and also that I have not replied to any messages they have left me via e-mail.

Can they do this ?

I want everything in writing so I can keep track of what's happening and I don't want them telephoning me at work.

I've requested no phones calls at work and they have so far kept to that.

I haven't given them my home number and if I do phone them from work the calls are recorded but I don't want to be bullied into paying what I cannot afford.

K

RUBBISH!!!

NO, they cannot.

Never speak to them on the phone;

keep everything to the written word;

keep copies of all correspondence.

Typical Link Financial, if they continue to refuse to correspond with you in writing, report them to the OFT;

Unfair, Bad Business Practice.

AC

Just because the Cretins at Link cannot write that doesnt mean you have to phone their telephone threat monkeys. You are correct to demand that everything be in writing. That is the only way to beat these shysters.

Just add a sentence to your next letter.

I am unable to communicate via the telephone due to a hearing defect. In any event, I prefer communication to be in writing as it will protect me should you progress to litigation.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I agree with all the above replies above.

I have NEVER EVER talked with a DCA over the phone. When they send me one of those "you need to call us Urgenty" letters, I reply that I will not call them back. Of course you can call them and record the call, but it is easier for you to actually have everything in writing for future reference if you need to refer to something. Much better to say "I refer to my letter dated xyz, paragraph k" rather than "according to what we agreed on the 3rd minute 52 second of our call" - I think you get the point!

There is no legal requirement that you call back - you can write back and ask them to also put anything they need to tell you in writing. Also, for lucky people that the DCL happens to not have your phone number and they ask for it, just refuse to give it to them and tell them that all you communication will be in writing. You are not legally oblidged to have a phone!

• Haha 1

Welcome to the Link 'fanclub' the DCA we all love to hate.:)

Magda

Hello there kazma :)

I am subscribing to your thread too!

And I join with Magda in saying "welcome to the Link fan club" Link and I go back a very long way ;)

They are the absolute pits - they will try all sorts of tactics to get you to speak to them so as the others have said - NEVER TALK TO THEM - respond only in writing.

..this is a load of jackson pollocks, and is because they are still reading Spot The Dog books and struggle to string a few written sentences together:lol::lol:!!

Seriously though, its another way of getting you to cave in and phone them - and as time goes on you will see that you responding in writing totally confuses their little minds - they much prefer to try to intimidate you and use bullying tactics in a phone call :p

Good luck - I will keep watching your thread.

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Send them a letter in Welsh.

Or better still answer the phone in Welsh when they ring!!

It's what someone I know does to stop cold callers!! ;)

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

K

I suppose you could also ask the question.. is this because they "cant write" or "wont":p

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Morning all.....ive just joined the Link fan club had a lovely letter from them today about an old ASDA card account i had, i offered them a reduced one off payment last month got a snotty "RING US NOW" letter today TO AVOID FURTHER ACTION.....ooooh im quaking in my boots !!

I have had link get neighbours to post notes through my door to call them for a statute barred debt when I did call and pointed out the debt was sb I was told we dont care about that and will continue to make contact with you even if it takes 30 years upon which I demanded to speek to a manager inside 5 min the debt was scrapped and I receved a groveling appolagy

must have I sopke to the threat monkey for about 15 min going round and round in cricles standed we can do this and that and demanding a contact phone number from me when I spoke to the manager me was a bit shirty at first but when he knew that I knew my rights he caved in icidently the debt was over 9 year old

hi dcakiller,

Told them '' Govt guidelines recommend that you dont give your name,DoB,etc out over the phone due to identity theft,Data Protection issues'' -then asked the guy for his name,DoB and bank account details.They couldn't get off the phone quick enough.:D