NR Together Mortgage issue / Investor Compensation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Im after some well recommened advice. In 2006 i took out a together mortgage with NR. Which included 95% mortgage and a 25k unsecured loan.

I removed the mortgage from NR when they became uncompetitive, i am now delinked and paying the increased 12.79% on the unsecured as a result of the delink. The unsecured loan was over 30 years as per the mortgage. I stand to pay around 102k in 30 yrs time!

I have paid the increased rate along with the mortgage payments (now with Lloyds) without issue since the delink about 6-7 months ago. Now my overtime hours have pretty much gone to 0 and to say im struggling to pay is an understatement!

I contacted a no win no fee company (investor compensation) to check the validity of the original loan agreement. Reason being as i had phoned NR on many occasions to negotiate a lower rate as i thought the increase was a little unfair! All i got was a very stern 'no chance' on a couple of occasions.

Anyway i returned all my unsecured loan agreement documents in a pack that investor compensation sent to me and requested the return of so they could investigate if there was any discrepancies. I didnt hear anything for a few weeks so i rang them and they have said they never recieved the pack i sent in so i have now lost all my documentation!

What options would be available to me considering my loan agreement documentation has been lost?

I have read through some other posts for similar situations but they seem to have varying circumstances to my own.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Thanks in advance

Jason.

Thanks for the response 42man.

I only got the official 'it has never arrived with us' yesterday from investor Compensation.

I will fill out the SAR and send. Just found the form on the forum.

Not quite sure about where to go after the SAR stage though. I could just do with a little guidance through the varying stages.

Thanks Again

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 42 man

NR responded promptly to the SAR request. Problem is im not sure in which areas i should be looking to sense check or validify any issues with the offer from the beginning?

The pack they sent contains initial set up documentation, offer of loan, all statements prior to me transferring mortgage to lloyds, a few screen shots where call centre agents have updated records. I also have a copy of the Key facts provided to me by AFS - approved financial solutions who set me up the mortgage -i did this as a friend worked for them at the time.

Thanks in advance again.

Jason.

I have not created an official dispute with the company. Is there a correct way of doing so?

I was hoping to maybe find something within the SAR documentation that does point towards any selling discrepancies or lack of clear information, before i dispute?

I have the key facts documentation. Also the mortgage was interest only for the first 2 1/2 years with NR.

Jason

Edited by JLGee80

There isn't a template as all complaints are different, but i'd suggest writing your complaints down and sending it in (possibly to the Chairman)......send it recorded too. They have a duty of care to answer any sort of dispute.

HI 42 Man

In regards to my complaints, i wanted to basically find out if the unsecured element of my mortgage with NR is indeed enforcable and what elements are necessary to ensure the loan is enforceable? So i know basically what to look for.

I have checked through the small print and it does indeed mention the hike in interest rate if the mortgage product is removed from the unsecured loan allthough i wasnt aware at the time of signing.

Are there other variables that have to be met for the loan to be enforcable?

I have the documentation that i could scan in if someone with experience could view.

Thanks in advance

Jason.