RE: Another Rouge Letting Agent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

before I start the legal process I want to get some comments and thoughts from you guys!

Well we left the house earlier last month and were told by our letting agent that the deposit will be transferred directly to our account. Well surprise surprise after nearly a month on they haven’t transferred anything, won’t take our calls, won’t respond to emails and just make up a million and one different excuses.

I have kept a log of all the calls, emails etc I have sent to them. I am assuming it will make sense if I proceed with the legal action as along with the entire contract etc this will make compelling evidence?

Also they are now making up the story that there are outstanding bills on the property that we have to clear before they think about transfer anything! I thought that the bills are attached to a person and if the companies have any issues (which am sure they don’t as we have made sure everything is cleared) they can pursue us directly! Also we have put redirection on the property so any letters sent to us should really be coming to us and not to these letting agents?!???

Also can someone please tell me is there a maximum amount we can sue for? I mean can we just demand the amount of deposit or can we claim something more? I want to inflict maximum damage for their idiotic behaviour!!

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated in these tough circumstances. Thanks for helping in advance!

Did the deposit come under TDS scheme

cds

I am pretty certain it did! Cause these agents said it did when they were taking deposit from us! They are still trading in the same premises and we have got contract and everything so it should be no problem suing them! Its just the matter of how much!!!!

Ring all three deposit schemes and see if the deposit was correctly protected. If you never recieved the prescribed information chances are it wasn't. Write to them asking for the deposit back and if you don't get it you will sue for the 3x penalty.

cds

What exactly do you want to sue them for?

for non payment of our deposit! I thought I made that obvious? sorry if I wasnt clear enough!

CDS thanks for letting me know .... suing them 3X the amount will be good and along the lines of what I was told earlier as well!

lol, sorry, thought you wanted to sue them above and beyond the deposit scheme.!

Best thing is to do as cds says, check them all, if its a no then send off a letter asking for the deposit back and state your intention to go to court for the 3X as well.

If it is, write and let them know that unpaid bills are not a valid reason for wiltholding the deposit, contact the scheme its registered with and start the ball rolling with them.