PayPal Seller Protection on Ebay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having successfully sold items on Ebay for a number of year I am very annoyed with the so called Seller Protect that Paypal promise to provide its sellers on Ebay. Last year I sold over 40 items worth between £150 -£200 each. I sent each of these items to the indiividual buyers by Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded. Unfortunately 2 of the buyers claimed they did not recieve their Items, despite me having postage confirmation using the the tracking numbers I recieved.

Dispute were opened through PaypPal against and because the buyers had paid on their creditcards, they refunded despite me having provided PayPal with this proof. At the time PayPal even agreed that I had won each dispute, however they then without warning reversed their decision and claimed I owed them over £300. My payment detail had expired coincidentally, which meant they could not simply take the money from me. I strongly dispute that I owe them a penny.

Since then I have spoke several times to PayPal and NCO and told them I dispute their claims that I owe them money. Since then I have simply ignored any correspondance from NCO, S.C.Leatham-Locke and now Instrum Justitia.

Can I have people opinions on what you think I should do. Continue to ignore or enter into correspondance with them?

I have more important things on my plate than to get into endless correspndance with these idiots. :rolleyes:

HSBC - Successfully Claimed back Charges & Interest £1265

Barclaycard Successfully Claimed back Charges & Interest £400

Abbey - Successfully Claimed back PPI £960

PayPay & ePay are only out for themselves and their "Protection Schemes" are a joke (In my opinion, allegedly etc.)

1st things first - Royal Mail 1st is only for items valued up to 100x the cost of a first class stamp (38p?) - anything over that should go Special Delivery.

BUT, back to your problem - keep everything in writing, DON'T SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE.

Print out all your emails from PayPay where they said you weren't liable.

DO IT NOW, and keep the printouts safe. Computers seem to crash their

hard-drives on purpose when you don't have backups.

If you have proof of despatch, and proof of receipt, then if you are taken to court, the judge should throw the case out - PayPal knows this, but will try it on any way.

In this situation, if it was me, I would write a letter to whoever is chasing you, and just say

"Item was delivered, I have proof. If you want any money from me, take me to court, otherwise do one".

Carpe Jugulum

Agreed they are joke, as they only protect themselves!

Unfortunately I learnt the postage insurance issue the hard way!

I still have proof of delivery for each item, I will probably send Intrum a dispute letter.

HSBC - Successfully Claimed back Charges & Interest £1265

Barclaycard Successfully Claimed back Charges & Interest £400

Abbey - Successfully Claimed back PPI £960