• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Optional Insurances **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a car 10 days ago and was foolish enough to agree to a load of optional insurance (GAP, Mechanical break down and theft protection) which will cost me £55 per month for 36 months. I have emailed the company, Advantage Finance to cancel these extras, but so far no response. I was told on the phone that the extra cost of these would be of set by the reduction in the intrest rate. That was a lie as the combined intrest rate would have been 88.96% and i am not that desperate that i couldnt have borrowed cheaper else where.

Can somebody explain my rights to cancel these extras, but not the car loan. Does anybody else have experience with this company.

Thank you in advance.

Gazzer

You Can Cancel Normally With In 30 Days

Some Are Getting Sneeky Saying 14 Days

Important

It Was Not A Micky Mouse Finance Co Like

Acf

Ucan

Cygnet Finance

Well The List Could Go On And On

You Get The Idea

Who Was The Finance Co

Important

SORRY ADVANTAGE FINANCE

GIVE ME 5 AND ILL BE BACK

I Am Going To Be Brutal With This

Its From Personel Experience And Dealing With Meny People On The Forum

Please Consider To Cancel The Agreement

You Prob Only Have A Few Days Left

Post Your Agreement Onto Your Thread Minus Personel Details

Google Photo Bucket

I Will Tell You Exactly What You Have Let Your Self In For

You Will Never Pay Off This Loan Unles You Win The Lottery

All Those Insurance Products Have Been Front Loaded,

That Is A Single Payment,

You Are Paying It Back At There Sky High Apr

The Insurance Products Are Not Worth The Paper Written On

Hold The Press

Dont Companies Have To Wait Two Weeks Now Before Flogging Insurance

They No Longer Can Sell Front Loaded Insurance At Point Of Sale

Confirmation When This Became Law Please Peeps

If Its Only 10 Days Then Yes

On This One Do The Following

Send A Letter To Advantage Finance

Tell Them As They Sold The Policy They Have To Action Your Request

List All The Mick Mouse Insurance And Tell Them You Want Them Cancelled

Get Them To Send You A Modified Agreement Minus The Ppi To Sign

Dont Sign Until You Have Spoken To Me First Though As It Will Cancel Out The Previouse Agreement And Its Protection

Most Important

Keep A Copy And Send

Special Delievery Not Recorded

Letters Have A Habit Of Getting Lost With This Lot

Do It Tomorrow

Time Is Short

Special Delievery Is Guarantead By 230 Next Day

Its Kept Secure And Tracked All The Way

Cost Ime Afraid About 4.50

Better That Than Them Saying Never Received Your Request And Stuck With The Ppi

You Get A Tracking Number And Can Check When Delievered ON LINE

Never Lose That Number

Scan It Into Your Pc

They received my letter sent by special delivery and tried to phone me, but i cant carry my personal phone at work. I did give them a number to call me on 24/7. I rang them back but the person dealing with my account was out to lunch and will phone me back. No phone call. How long do i wait for them to phone me or do i phone them.

Hi Gazzer

No Matter What Happens Now, You Can Prove You Requested The Cancelation With In The Time Frame

You Have A Tracking Number To Confirm Receipt

Give Them A Call Again And Dont Let Them Try And Con You

Its About Over But We Need Confirmation In Writing

• Haha 1

Thank you Postggj. I have received a phone call stating that optional insurances have been cancelled and i am now waiting for the new agreement. Will post again when i receive it. They said that they received my letter. Excellent idea from you re the letter, as i would have been stuck with paying for the extras and has saved me over £2k for something that wasnt worth the paper it was written on. Once again many thanks

Hi Gazzer83

That Last Statement Sound Great But You Dont Know Welcome Like I Do.

To Begin With, When You Get The New Agreement Let Me Know,

Sign Nothing Until Then As Its Most Important,

Then Saying On The Phone About Taking Off The Insurance And Sending You An Agreement Is One Thing , And Doing It Another.

Seen It To Meny Times.

The Beauty Is That They Can Now Do Sfa

You Sent In A Request With In The Time Frame And Have A Sig To Back Up Receipt

See this info ...

We concluded that we should impose: a prohibition on distributors and intermediaries from selling PPI to their credit customers within seven days of a credit sale, unless the customer has proactively returned to the seller at least 24 hours after the credit sale; a prohibition on selling single-premium PPI policies (where the premium is paid in one upfront payment, generally by adding the premium to the credit borrowed); a requirement on retail PPI distributors to offer retail PPI separately when they also offer retail PPI bundled with merchandise cover; and several requirements to provide specified information in marketing materials, at the points of sale of credit and PPI, and each year after the PPI policy has entered into force.

from this link...

http://www.competition-commission.org.uk/rep_pub/reports/2009/fulltext/542.pdf

and this link has more info...

http://www.competition-commission.org.uk/rep_pub/reports/2009/fulltext/542_2_1.pdf

hope this is of use;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I have now received a letter from Advantage, stating that the additionals have been removed and reducing my payments to just the car loan at a rate i am happy with. So much for the claim that the cost of the optionals would off be off set by a reduction in the Apr. And all this before i have made my first payment. Thank you once again for your help. Chalk up a saving of £2k to your list and a bigger than i can express THANK YOU.

I have now received a letter from Advantage, stating that the additionals have been removed and reducing my payments to just the car loan at a rate i am happy with. So much for the claim that the cost of the optionals would off be off set by a reduction in the Apr. And all this before i have made my first payment. Thank you once again for your help. Chalk up a saving of £2k to your list and a bigger than i can express THANK YOU.

Spot on result for you:D

If you wish I will add a **WON** to your thread title and you can post up in the PPI successess in the stickies at the top of the forum. Just post to let me know.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.