• Tweets

• Updated, in bold, my apologies.   1. The Defendant contends that the Particulars of Claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.   The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017. It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.    2. Paragraphs 1 & 3 are denied .The Claimant claims £3897281 is owed under a regulated agreement with HBOS on 27/08/2016. I have had past financial dealing with HBOS but I do not recognise any details of the agreement number referenced. The Claimant fails state what type of credit this agreement relates to in their vague particulars of claim.    3. On receipt of the claim form, the Defendant sent on date 28 August 2020 a request by way of a section 78 pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, for a copy of the agreement to the Claimant and on date 28 August 2020 a CPR 31:14 request to their solicitors. To Date both remain in default of my requests and have failed to reply.   4. Paragraph 2 is Denied. I have never received a Section 87 Default Notice form either the Original Creditor nor the Claimant dated 05/08/2019    5. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:  (a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and  (b) show and evidence any cause of action and service of a Default Notice  (c) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and  (d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;    6. As per Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.    7. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82 A of the consumer credit Act 1974.    8. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.
    • I would suggest a couple of extra bits -   Dear Sirs please note that in July 2019 I lived at xxxxx but my current address is xxxxx. I would suggest you tell your client to either employ people with a modicum of common sense or intelligence or buy a better ANPR system that is capable of recognising a simple reg number error. On the day in question payment was made via the RingGo app according to the enclosed receipt.   A simple cursory cross-check of vehicle parking payments versus the ANPR records would show that Premier Park Ltd received payment for parking of a vehicle not detected by the cameras.   The timestamp of this payment coincides with the time when the vehicle specified above was picked up by ANPR.   No money was refunded so Premier Park Ltd have already been paid for the parking used on the day.   Their records should be updated accordingly.  If required I would provide this evidence in court to demonstrate that Premier Park Ltd have been paid for vehicle parking on the date in question and that the claim arose only due to an administrative error.   Your client have suffered no loss for which to pursue me.  I'm sure you're aware of the term “de minimis”. I also point you to new Appeals Charter from their supposed independent organisation the BPA, whereby they state ...this will remove many of the perceived and real injustices, for example, a permit falling off a dashboard or a simple keying error. I could do with financing a winter holiday so if your client wishes to proceed to court with this matter I shall enjoy obtaining a full costs order for unreasonable behaviour under CPR27.14(2)(g). Regards COPIED TO Premier Park Ltd.   As you've never told Premier Park your new address it's not impossible that they might try to resurrect this claim in future and send the court papers to your old address and you'd know nowt about it.  Another reason for also sending the letter to Premier Park is that this fleecing isn't confined to PPC v motorist, unscrupulous solicitors are quite willing to start court action even though they know their client will lose to get the £££ in. I've also been a bit more abusive to show them you're not frightened of their threats 😉      
    • Hi all   On checking my credit file, I found a CCJ from ASSET LINK CAPITAL. Upon checking with the court, they have sent the POC to me by email which states:    The particulars of the claim are:  THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS THE WHOLE OF THE         OUTSTANDING BALANCE DUE AND PAYABLE UNDER AN AGREEMENT REFERENCED 4929107********  AND    OPENED EFFECTIVE FROM XX/XX/2000. THE        AGREEMENT IS REGULATED BY THE CONSUMER       CREDIT ACT 1974, WAS SIGNED BY THE DEFENDANT AND FROM WHICH CREDIT WAS EXTENDED TO THE    DEFENDANT. THE DEFENDANT FAILED TO MAKE      PAYMENT AS REQUIRED AND BY **/12/2015 A      DEFAULT WAS RECORDED. AS AT 30/09/2016 THE   DEFENDANT OWED BARCLAYCARD PLC THE SUM OF    809046. BY AN AGREEMENT IN WRITING THE       BENEFIT OF THE DEBT HAS BEEN LEGALLY         ASSIGNED TO THE CLAIMANT EFFECTIVE           30/09/2016 AND MADE REGULAR UPON THE         CLAIMANT SERVING A NOTICE OF ASSIGNMENT UPON THE DEFENDANT SHORTLY THEREAFTER. AND THE    CLAIMANT CLAIMS- 1. 81**** 2. INTEREST       PURSUANT TO SECTION 69 COUNTY COURT ACT      (1984) AT A RATE OF 8 % PER ANNUM FROM       30/09/2016 TO 14/02/2020 OF 208571 AND       THEREAFTER AT A DAILY RATE OF 171 TO DATE OF JUDGMENT OR SOONER PAYMENT. DATE 14/02/2020                                                 The claimant details are:  ASSET LINK CAPITAL (NO5)  LIMITED   The claim amount details are:   Amount Claimed  £10***.17 Court Fee  £457.93 Solicitor Costs  £100.00 Total     £10***.10   The claimant solicitors’ details are:   KEARNS SOLICITORS BRECON HOUSE 3 CAERPHILLY BUSINESS PARK CAERPHILLY CF83 3GQ Telephone: 0292 0808668 Reference: 4929107***********   I've removed certain info to try and provide some anonymity, I hope that doesn't muddy anything.   The CCJ was obtained by default after they wrote to my old address.   Back in 2015, I CCA'd Barclaycard and they sent a standard response with reconstituted EGG T&C's which state 'Applicable to customers who applied from 01 October 2001'.  As the POC confirms, I opened the account in 2000, before the supplied T&C's would have been applicable.   It also included a Barclaycard Credit Card Agreement with my details filled in (including my address in 2015, not in 2000)   I stopped payments at the time of sending the CCA.   I haven't made any payments since (though I appreciate it's not SB)   I want to apply for it to be set aside and would appreciate any help in what to use as a 'draft defence'   I don't believe that Barclaycard complied with the CCA request so would the account have been effectively in dispute since 2015?  If so, would it be wise of me to supply a draft defence along the lines that I wrote to Barclaycard in 2015 and consider the account to have been in dispute since that time?   My goal is to try and keep any application to set aside simple..    Alternatively, would it be better for me to simply state that without any documentation from the creditor, it's impossible for me to set out a complete defence and ask the DDJ to be set aside along with an order for the Claimant to provide all the necessary documentation?   Thanks in advance!    
    • Good afternoon Everyone,    Im new here and was advised to come here to try to help get some answers!   I recently received a letter from Lowell about some debt that is roughly 5 years old now.    It’s for EDF energy and capital one credit card both on the same claim form?   im not sure it’s even a legit claim form but how would I know?   I just don’t know what to do about it ? Ignore it or contact them?   thank you all In advance.     
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3940 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hello again everyone just had my first letter back from egg today who state they wont be upholding my complaint, has anyone any experience of egg? ive sent the second stage letter asking them to reconsider before i complain to FOS. reading around the issue it seems egg are difficult to deal with despite being fined by the FSA. they sent me some sort of computer print out which they say dealt with my online application and that i didnt untick the ppi box, didnt even realise it was optional until M.S.E highlighted it in 2007 when i then cancelled immediately!!:(

Egg are one of the more difficult to claim against. I am looking for a link now to assist. You could be in for a difficult time.

zz

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

You should request your CCA the fee is £1.00 and they have to supply it within 14 days plus 2 for postage times.

This is the link to check out as it would seem that the majority of Egg Consumer Credit Agreements may be unenforceable.

Egg Credit Agreements-what do i think is wrong with them

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

just had my latest response by egg they are not upholding my complaint and say their sale of the policy was inline with distance selling regulations any one able to help with this? as far as i can recall the box was preticked as i remember recieveing the terms and conditions and thought it was automaticically added to everyones application.:(

just started my complaint today with the fos just wondered if i had to inform egg of this or do i just sit back and wait? :)

Entirely your choice:)

In my own case I informed them. You could however surprise them there are no protocols on whether you inform them or not.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 3 months later...

well done LP

that's great news.

I'm just trying to calculate my first PPI reclaim from Egg - with the invaluable assistance of PF!

:D

=================================================================

remember

the Sun is always shining, it's just that you can't see it sometimes

Blimey Leviculus that was a quick result from the FOS obviously they no there tactics inside out.

Anyway Well Done to you.

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

i know pf i was really shocked at how quickly they got back to me i was of the mind that it would be some time next year!! just hope now that the fos add the contractual interest like ive asked and not just the standard 8% (got to wait for eggs breakdown of the figures but ill let you all know)

Leviculus,

Either way you are in a very good position now it has been upheld by the FOS I say this because if they do not make the right offer this time around you still have option 3 at your disposal.

Yes go to court on the back of an FOS win and even go for Restitutionary damageson top as well.

Remember they have made a fat profit from the money they unfairly took from you so it is only right that the profit they made should be in your pocket.

Have a read of thread below

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/220778-ombudsmans-award-8-top.html

Regards

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

What year was the PPI box pre ticked ? Thank you

How the FOS work out your refund:

CREDIT CARDS

1. Where card account and the PPI are still in force.

If the consumer agrees to cancellation of the PPI the financial business should:

a) reconstruct the account by removing any premiums in respect of the PPI and any interest or charges in respect of those premiums;

b) if that produces a credit balance for any period, credit interest on that balance for that period at 8% simple per year; and

c) send the customer a statement showing the resulting balance on the account (with details of how it was calculated).

2. Where the card account is still open but the PPI has been cancelled.

The financial business should:

a) reconstruct the account by removing any premiums in respect of the PPI and any interest or charges in respect of those premiums;

b) if that produces a credit balance for any period, credit interest on that balance for that period at 8% simple per year; and

c) send the customer a statement showing the resulting balance on the account (with details of how it was calculated.)

3. Where the card account has been cleared and closed and the PPI has been cancelled:

b) if that produces a credit balance for any period, credit interest on that balance for that period at 8% simple per year;

c) pay the customer the difference between the revised closing balance and the original closing balance;

d) pay the customer interest on that difference at 8% simple per year from the date of closure to the date of payment; and

e) send the customer details of how the revised balance, the difference and the interest were calculated.

FOS may also consider it appropriate for the financial business to pay the consumer additional compensation for any distress and inconvenience he or she has been caused, including where the financial business rejected a complaint which it knew (or should have known) would be upheld, If they consider such an award is appropriate this will be specified by the adjudicator.

Any opinion I give is my own and given without

any liability.

What year was the PPI box pre ticked ? Thank you

How the FOS work out your refund:

CREDIT CARDS

1. Where card account and the PPI are still in force.

If the consumer agrees to cancellation of the PPI the financial business should:

c) send the customer a statement showing the resulting balance on the account (with details of how it was calculated).

2. Where the card account is still open but the PPI has been cancelled.

c) send the customer a statement showing the resulting balance on the account (with details of how it was calculated.)

3. Where the card account has been cleared and closed and the PPI has been cancelled:

b) if that produces a credit balance for any period, credit interest on that balance for that period at 8% simple per year;

c) pay the customer the difference between the revised closing balance and the original closing balance;

d) pay the customer interest on that difference at 8% simple per year from the date of closure to the date of payment; and

e) send the customer details of how the revised balance, the difference and the interest were calculated.

FOS may also consider it appropriate for the financial business to pay the consumer additional compensation for any distress and inconvenience he or she has been caused, including where the financial business rejected a complaint which it knew (or should have known) would be upheld, If they consider such an award is appropriate this will be specified by the adjudicator.

My complaint has also been upheld by FOS there are issues involved upon which I need guidance. I cancelled the premium about 8 months ago. I was late with my payments on my card due to a reduction in my hours my matter was referred to DLC they have hounded and harassed me I lodged a complaint before dlc got involved and stated that there is a dispute on the file. I have a default notice registered on my credit file which I want removing i intend to settle this debt in full as I am due some money in october i intend to accept the offer as set out from the ombudsman and use my compensation monies to offset the amount standing however again the DN is my concern surely this should not be registered if the account is in dispute. I wrote to experian who wrote to egg who stated that they wanted the default remaining on my account what can i do to get it removed help please should i bargain with them as the FOS as upheld my complaint HELP HELP HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE1

Hiya Judy,

The only way IMO to get a CRA negative marker removed is via the Court route I am of the belief that the regulatory bodies are not interested in such issues.

The Fact that the FOS has upheld your complaint and the issues surrounding the Default can only help in a court of law.

Worth some consideration and more investigation of this route i think at least.

Regards

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Hiya Judy,

The only way IMO to get a CRA negative marker removed is via the Court route I am of the belief that the regulatory bodies are not interested in such issues.

The Fact that the FOS has upheld your complaint and the issues surrounding the Default can only help in a court of law.

Worth some consideration and more investigation of this route i think at least.

Regards

PF

I have today again written to Wendy Schratz Director at Egg I have already written to Experian. Egg have to make me an offer I have stated that it must include the removal of the DN or dont bother I hope with FOS involved it will put more pressure on them I am prepared to pay any outstanding balance in full once deductions have been made for the mis-sold ppi. I remember months ago Egg rejected claims of online mis-sold ppi now FOS are upholding most complaints it willl only put more pressure on them i will throw everything at them i will also record a note on my file that the account is in dispute and was uphheld by FOS

Very nice news LP let me know when you get your cash back and I will stick a nice **WON** on your thread title.

Pleased for your result. :D

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

forgot to say egg also hiked up my apr last week from their standard 15.9 to 26% (never missed a payment in me life!!!) retaliation me thinks!! their loss though cause i wont be a customer for much longer :D

This is totally unfair and should be confronted by a letter to the Office of Fair Trading and Financial Services Authority specifically laying out all of the details as to how this increase has happened. Please see these links...

The FSA has outlined 6 outcomes which it aims to achieve:

Treating customers fairly

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/other/tcf_deadline.pdf

The Office of Fair Trading: making markets work well for consumers

hope this helps you out.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Well done, can I ask what year your agreement was? Did the FOS say it was missold because the PPI was pre-selected online?

I have court case and and it hinges on the pre-selection of the PPI online.

Thanks.

forgot to say egg also hiked up my apr last week from their standard 15.9 to 26% (never missed a payment in me life!!!) retaliation me thinks!! their loss though cause i wont be a customer for much longer :D

Retaliation is not allowed so I would suggest that:

This tactic is worth a mention to the FSA and OFT.

Treating customers fairly

The Office of Fair Trading: making markets work well for consumers

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Leviculus, just read your thread as i am pursuing egg for mis-sold PPI too.

Have you had your refund through yet ?

If so did you get contractual interest too ?

Livis xx