style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello again everyone just had my first letter back from egg today who state they wont be upholding my complaint, has anyone any experience of egg? ive sent the second stage letter asking them to reconsider before i complain to FOS. reading around the issue it seems egg are difficult to deal with despite being fined by the FSA. they sent me some sort of computer print out which they say dealt with my online application and that i didnt untick the ppi box, didnt even realise it was optional until M.S.E highlighted it in 2007 when i then cancelled immediately!!:(

Egg are one of the more difficult to claim against. I am looking for a link now to assist. You could be in for a difficult time.

zz

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

You should request your CCA the fee is £1.00 and they have to supply it within 14 days plus 2 for postage times.

This is the link to check out as it would seem that the majority of Egg Consumer Credit Agreements may be unenforceable.

Egg Credit Agreements-what do i think is wrong with them

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

just had my latest response by egg they are not upholding my complaint and say their sale of the policy was inline with distance selling regulations any one able to help with this? as far as i can recall the box was preticked as i remember recieveing the terms and conditions and thought it was automaticically added to everyones application.:(

just started my complaint today with the fos just wondered if i had to inform egg of this or do i just sit back and wait? :)

Entirely your choice:)

In my own case I informed them. You could however surprise them there are no protocols on whether you inform them or not.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 3 months later...

well done LP

that's great news.

I'm just trying to calculate my first PPI reclaim from Egg - with the invaluable assistance of PF!

:D

=================================================================

remember

the Sun is always shining, it's just that you can't see it sometimes

Blimey Leviculus that was a quick result from the FOS obviously they no there tactics inside out.

Anyway Well Done to you.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

i know pf i was really shocked at how quickly they got back to me i was of the mind that it would be some time next year!! just hope now that the fos add the contractual interest like ive asked and not just the standard 8% (got to wait for eggs breakdown of the figures but ill let you all know)

Leviculus,

Either way you are in a very good position now it has been upheld by the FOS I say this because if they do not make the right offer this time around you still have option 3 at your disposal.

Yes go to court on the back of an FOS win and even go for Restitutionary damageson top as well.

Remember they have made a fat profit from the money they unfairly took from you so it is only right that the profit they made should be in your pocket.

Have a read of thread below

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/220778-ombudsmans-award-8-top.html

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

What year was the PPI box pre ticked ? Thank you

How the FOS work out your refund:

CREDIT CARDS

1. Where card account and the PPI are still in force.

If the consumer agrees to cancellation of the PPI the financial business should:

a) reconstruct the account by removing any premiums in respect of the PPI and any interest or charges in respect of those premiums;

b) if that produces a credit balance for any period, credit interest on that balance for that period at 8% simple per year; and

c) send the customer a statement showing the resulting balance on the account (with details of how it was calculated).

2. Where the card account is still open but the PPI has been cancelled.

The financial business should:

a) reconstruct the account by removing any premiums in respect of the PPI and any interest or charges in respect of those premiums;

b) if that produces a credit balance for any period, credit interest on that balance for that period at 8% simple per year; and

c) send the customer a statement showing the resulting balance on the account (with details of how it was calculated.)

3. Where the card account has been cleared and closed and the PPI has been cancelled:

b) if that produces a credit balance for any period, credit interest on that balance for that period at 8% simple per year;

c) pay the customer the difference between the revised closing balance and the original closing balance;

d) pay the customer interest on that difference at 8% simple per year from the date of closure to the date of payment; and

e) send the customer details of how the revised balance, the difference and the interest were calculated.

FOS may also consider it appropriate for the financial business to pay the consumer additional compensation for any distress and inconvenience he or she has been caused, including where the financial business rejected a complaint which it knew (or should have known) would be upheld, If they consider such an award is appropriate this will be specified by the adjudicator.

Any opinion I give is my own and given without

any liability.

What year was the PPI box pre ticked ? Thank you

How the FOS work out your refund:

CREDIT CARDS

1. Where card account and the PPI are still in force.

If the consumer agrees to cancellation of the PPI the financial business should:

c) send the customer a statement showing the resulting balance on the account (with details of how it was calculated).

2. Where the card account is still open but the PPI has been cancelled.

c) send the customer a statement showing the resulting balance on the account (with details of how it was calculated.)

3. Where the card account has been cleared and closed and the PPI has been cancelled:

b) if that produces a credit balance for any period, credit interest on that balance for that period at 8% simple per year;

c) pay the customer the difference between the revised closing balance and the original closing balance;

d) pay the customer interest on that difference at 8% simple per year from the date of closure to the date of payment; and

e) send the customer details of how the revised balance, the difference and the interest were calculated.

FOS may also consider it appropriate for the financial business to pay the consumer additional compensation for any distress and inconvenience he or she has been caused, including where the financial business rejected a complaint which it knew (or should have known) would be upheld, If they consider such an award is appropriate this will be specified by the adjudicator.

My complaint has also been upheld by FOS there are issues involved upon which I need guidance. I cancelled the premium about 8 months ago. I was late with my payments on my card due to a reduction in my hours my matter was referred to DLC they have hounded and harassed me I lodged a complaint before dlc got involved and stated that there is a dispute on the file. I have a default notice registered on my credit file which I want removing i intend to settle this debt in full as I am due some money in october i intend to accept the offer as set out from the ombudsman and use my compensation monies to offset the amount standing however again the DN is my concern surely this should not be registered if the account is in dispute. I wrote to experian who wrote to egg who stated that they wanted the default remaining on my account what can i do to get it removed help please should i bargain with them as the FOS as upheld my complaint HELP HELP HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE1

Hiya Judy,

The only way IMO to get a CRA negative marker removed is via the Court route I am of the belief that the regulatory bodies are not interested in such issues.

The Fact that the FOS has upheld your complaint and the issues surrounding the Default can only help in a court of law.

Worth some consideration and more investigation of this route i think at least.

Regards

PF

Hiya Judy,

The only way IMO to get a CRA negative marker removed is via the Court route I am of the belief that the regulatory bodies are not interested in such issues.

The Fact that the FOS has upheld your complaint and the issues surrounding the Default can only help in a court of law.

Worth some consideration and more investigation of this route i think at least.

Regards

PF

I have today again written to Wendy Schratz Director at Egg I have already written to Experian. Egg have to make me an offer I have stated that it must include the removal of the DN or dont bother I hope with FOS involved it will put more pressure on them I am prepared to pay any outstanding balance in full once deductions have been made for the mis-sold ppi. I remember months ago Egg rejected claims of online mis-sold ppi now FOS are upholding most complaints it willl only put more pressure on them i will throw everything at them i will also record a note on my file that the account is in dispute and was uphheld by FOS

Very nice news LP let me know when you get your cash back and I will stick a nice **WON** on your thread title.

Pleased for your result. :D

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

forgot to say egg also hiked up my apr last week from their standard 15.9 to 26% (never missed a payment in me life!!!) retaliation me thinks!! their loss though cause i wont be a customer for much longer :D

This is totally unfair and should be confronted by a letter to the Office of Fair Trading and Financial Services Authority specifically laying out all of the details as to how this increase has happened. Please see these links...

The FSA has outlined 6 outcomes which it aims to achieve:

Treating customers fairly

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/other/tcf_deadline.pdf

The Office of Fair Trading: making markets work well for consumers

hope this helps you out.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

forgot to say egg also hiked up my apr last week from their standard 15.9 to 26% (never missed a payment in me life!!!) retaliation me thinks!! their loss though cause i wont be a customer for much longer :D

Retaliation is not allowed so I would suggest that:

This tactic is worth a mention to the FSA and OFT.

Treating customers fairly

The Office of Fair Trading: making markets work well for consumers

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 4 weeks later...