Jump to content

Illegal Parking Fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi Guys


I am new so forgive me if this is a simple question:-


I have recieved a parking ticket / mickey mouse invoice from G24 a couple of weeks ago. I literally have a day or so to decide if i want to pay the 75 or fight it! I have read up on G24 and so i know that its unenforceable etc, and that they would have to take me to court but more than likely wont!


I was the driver, and i was there double the allowed time, but either way its a new system to charge the parking in the car park this happened and i certainly didnt see the signes or i wouldn't have parked there!


The twist in my situation is that they sent the letter to my old address, which means that somehow when i moved (nearly a year ago) i obviously didnt change my details! I remember trying to sort it all and my drivers license is correct so undure what happened there.


So firstly, i dont want to start causing problems if in fact i have broken the law by not checking that the dvla had my car registered in the right place.


And secondly, i would worry that G24 might send debt collectors to my mum and dads house, where i lived previously, as i'd worry that they would be able to talk their way around my mum and potentially get some money out of her should they pay a home visit.


Any advice here would be great - ie whats the fine for not informing dvla of a change of address?





Link to post
Share on other sites

its a [problem]

ignore it


no DCA has any legal powers to do anything.


you'll get about 3 letters from the PPC Co.

then a couple from their chosen DCA

then it will be forgotten about.



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chances of a home visit are miniscule. It's juts not financially viable - much cheaper to sit in an office and write letters.


Yes, you can be fined for failure to notify them of change of details - including address (in theory).


However, there is no requirement whatsoever, that the address on the V5C is your current personal address; it merely has to be an address where you may be contacted regarding the vehicle.


Provided that you have a method of forwarding or collecting mail from the address on the V5C, then no offence is committed.


So there's no harm keeping it as your parent's address.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a fine for failure to update details from the dvla do you know?


As Al27 says, the address does not have to be your current address, only an address at which they can reasonably contact you which I am sure your parents address qualifies as. Now that it has been highlighted as being out of date to you though, you may want to change it to your new address anyway.


The next step is to make sure your parents don't do anything with your mail from G24 other than had it on to you. (I'm sure they don't open your mail anyway so no problem there). G24 will not waste their time doing home visits and if they do you can just quote that big cruise company to them, you know the one, has a P&O in it. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...