• Tweets

• Dear Sir/Madam, TFL case number: **** I would like to thank TFL for providing me the opportunity to explain my behaviour. I realised the stupidity of what I have done and wish to seek a resolution to this matter. I have no valid excuse for this action and I am extremely sorry and deeply regret my action. I hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Nothing can justify my action. I am aware that TFL are only able to operate if everyone pays their fare correctly and I feel so guilty about attempting to breach public trust. This has caused me sleepness nights and raised my anxieties. I have history of anxiety. This has been a hard lesson learnt. I have never been in trouble with the law in the past and I ensure that I won’t be in the future. I am and will be using my oyster card (PAYG). I would like to humbly appeal to TFL to allow me to settle this matter out of court and avoid going to prosecution given the adverse consequences it can have on me and my family. I am very concerned that prosecution for the first time and I would like to make restitution for my action. Having a criminal offense on my record will have detrimental consequences on me. I have always been a law abiding person and have no previous offences. I would really appreciate if I can be given the opportunity to pay for any unpaid fares plus any charges and/or administrative cost which have been incurred by TFL due to this incident. I am sincerely remorseful and ashamed of myself, and I fully appreciate the severity and stupidity of my transgressions. Again, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. Yours Faithfully, My Name
    • the date is 19/04/24, so i have until 29/4/24 to reply? Yes, i will send my draft of my begging letter   
    • use the webform if it allows you to attach your evidential documents then do so but do that later depending upon who your bank is.... - but i suspect you will be referred to Mastercard. who is your bank? dx    
    • If i did it through the bank, they seem to have an online form. I wondered if this is the best way or to do a letter, add supporting documents and send them through the post, recorded delivery  ?
    • the process for attaining a charging order is the same no matter what it results in. interim first then latter they can go for a full charging order. at ICO stage its recorded the same on your deeds until a full CO is applied for and granted. however, as in your case, it resulted in simply a restriction k which cannot be converted into a full charging order so the entry remains stating ICO. smart cookies on your side IMHO now ...hope you succeed. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

lynn v London Mortgage Company

bach
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Lynn,

London Mortgage Company

1 Connaught Place

Marble Arch

London W2 2DY

Tel: 020 7298 8989

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Thanks very much for the address, this is what it confirms for me

I have had over the past 6 yrs various secured and un secured loans

unknowingly to me they were with the same banks under different umberells

G E Money HMCE 1998

First National Bank 1999

G E Money 2003

Matlock Bank 2005 redemption fee paid

only changed over in Feb 06 to G E Money and paid a heafty

redemption fee

It now seems that I have paid rediculos redemption fees somewhere in the region of £10.000 which far outweigh the benifits of changing banks.

This is a terrible practice of decite.:evil:

This has only come to light having gone through 6 years of Woolwich statements.

Does anyone know if I would be able to claim back any of these redemption fees

Appreciate all your advice and thoughts please

Lynn

The best address for LMC for administration is

PO Box 88

Cheltenham

GL50 3SH

The London address is for mortgage sales. Once the mortgage has completed all admin is handled by the Cheletenham office

Preliminary Letter sent to Woolwich 05/06

LBA sent 19/06

Court claim filed 04/07 : Total £824.75

Acknowledgement of Service 27/07

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

SETTLED IN FULL £840.49: 14/12/06

• 1 month later...

Hi

Have just come across your thread - have your heard anything from London Mortgage Company Yet? I ask because I sent them a preliminary letter asking for payment of my ERC, They have until Monday 2nd October to reply before I fire off my LBA.:) :)

Kendraflo:confused:

Halifax - S.A.R 8/9/06 - Overdraft facility removed 21/9/06 - threat to close account - Default Notice lodged 06.10.06

Mint - S.A.R - 8/9/06 - Statements received 03.10.06 - Prelim letter sent for £268.13 03.10.06

First Direct - S.A.R 8/9/06 - Statements received 21/9/06 - Prelim letter sent 21/9/06 for £410.00 - settled in full

First Direct - S.A.R 21/9/06 - for husband's old account

Barclaycard - S.A.R 8/9/06 - Statements received 16/9/06 - Prelim letter 18/9/06 for £496.25 - Part offer received 22/9/06 for £228.00 - Rejection letter sent 25/9/06 - MCOL issued 8.10.06

MBNA - S.A.R 8/9/06 - Partial offer received 6/10/06 - full offer & interest received on 6.10.06

ACE CARDS & GIFTS - S.A.R - 19/9/06 - statements received -27th September - vouchers received in settlement - 4th October 2006 - £235.00

Hi

Have just come across your thread - have your heard anything from London Mortgage Company Yet? I ask because I sent them a preliminary letter asking for payment of my ERC, They have until Monday 2nd October to reply before I fire off my LBA.:) :)

Hi, sorry its taken so long to reply, Iv just checked my recorded delivery slip on Royal Mail site and it seems that no one has accepted my recorded DPA letter sent on 19th Sept. I sent it to the Cheltenham address. Going to ring Royal Mail Monday mornng and chase up, very strange.

Best of luck keep in touch

of course it is but i have read on other threads of similar things happening smacks of dirty tricks me thinks ?

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

HI, everyone, I have an LMC mortgage, and have slipped up a few times and not paid on time. Subsequently they instruct a company for counselling, to discuss arrangements on the mortgage to repay the arrears. WHilst these guys were helpful, i note that I get charged £94 each time, amongst the numerous other late fees they charge. Does anyone know if these charges fall under the same disputes as bank charges? Are early redemptions charges illegal?

• 1 month later...

hi all i to have a lmc for my sins they have taken me to court as well jus finish paying arrears /i will be doing a claim in the near future as im currently doing lloyds i believ their bank is matlock bank ? if any of you have started i would love to know how youre geting on thanks sb

brendans3

Hi to all.

Just to keep you informed I sent two seperate registered letters on 9th Nove 06 to London Mortgage Company one asking for PPI of £5,600 plus interest which was mis sold and the second claiming Early Redemption Charges for £2428.08.

Will let your know outcome when I receive some answers.

Good luck to all

Lynn

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi to all,

Just to let you know decided to put the ERC (early redemption charge claim ) on hold for time being.

As for the PPI I have recieved a letter from London Mortgage Company saying the had passed my PPI request for reimburment on to Norton Finance, (didn't even know the insurance was with them as no reference made in any correspondance) same old argeement ie I knew when I signed up etc for the PPI and should have cancelled it within the time limit allowed when I took out the loan.

(THE L0AN REPAYMENTS WERE QUOTED TO INCLUDE THE PPI WHEN I TOOK OUT THE LOAN SO THEREFORE A CASE FOR ASSUMPTION ON THEIR BEHALF WAS TAKEN THAT IT WOULD BE INCLUDED.

WE ALSO RECEIVED NO EXPLANTION / OR DOCUMENTATION FOR ANY PPI COVER THAT THEY HAVE ELEGIBLE COVERED US FOR.) Also will be lodging a complaint wih the FSA.

I am now in the process of one final letter to see if the acknowledge my claim with a dead line of 14 day fom 9th Feb 07 then I will issue a claim through the courts.

good luck to all Lynn

Morning to all

PPI London Mortgage Company

Re my letter sent on 12th Feb 07, received letter back dated 11th Feb 07

Not budging at all same response as last letter.

Will now start a claim throught the courts

Could anyone please advise step by step action from now on for me

Thanks Lynn

Many thanks

hi there Lynn,

Did you ever receive any charges for late payments. I have received charges on my account and want to get them back. I am still currently with LMC and just wondered what the consequences are of claiming now.??? Keep me posted on the PPI, I want to get my PPi taken off but havent approached them yet. Just waiting to see what happens with your case before going any further.

Hi,

Re London Mortgage yes had a couple of charges and also ERC so will go for this later ,more important to get back PPI.

I have a current Mortgage with Abbey, they have applied loads of charges, and I have started a claim for them, they are after all disproportionate even if you are with them or not, I don't think they can do anything to jepodise your existing aggrement with them. But Im not a legal person, just know I not freighted of them any more.

Best of Luck

Lynn

Just had quite a heated discussion with LMC with regards to there charges. I asked for a copy of my statements for my records and they said that that it would be £30. How can they justify that for starters. I will be sending DPA request off with the standard £10.

Hi nicho1120, I

Cheeky devils, send a your £10 Postal Order with the S A R templete letter . Don't forget to send ii signed for (Red reciept) cost about a pound but worth it and then you can track it.

London Mortgage Company

6 Broadgate

London

EC2M 2QS

Can you tell me how you came about geting the PPI on the Mortgage, may be able to help along the way

Also if you google London Mortgage Company and look at MY MORTGAGE COMPANY FEES - LONDON MORTGAGE COMPANY have a good read

Lynn

I was sold the loan and the ppi through loans.co.uk. I believe that at the time i was told that i would have to take out the ppi as the loan amount was quite large and would have to have it as part of the loan. I have read your threads with regards to PPi and i was not given any extra literature with regardes to the ppi. I was just given the loan agreement which i still have. I was not told that this insurance was dealt with some body else and as far as i can see it doesnt state this anywhere in the agreement. I am after my charges back anyway. Theres no leeway with this company even when you explain our circumstance and try to resolve the matter.

Just had quite a heated discussion with LMC with regards to there charges. I asked for a copy of my statements for my records and they said that that it would be £30. How can they justify that for starters. I will be sending DPA request off with the standard £10.

I applied to them under DPA and they have acknowledged my request and receipt of my £10

Hi folks,

I am in court on Friday... LMC is seeking possession of a friend of mine's house!! I am inclined to agree with all of you that have experienced difficulties when dealing with these people. Pond life spring to mind by hey - that's just my opinion. Best thing I have found when dealing with these people is to keep your cool. How? What I always do is to write out what questions I have for them on a few bits of paper before making the call and that way, I do not allow these people - and I'm using the term very loosely here - these people to sidetrack me or to get to me. Go through the few bits of paper on your desk and make notes on the bottom of each as to what the outcome of your question was. If they try to change the subject or say they don't know, ask to speak to there superior or offer to fax over a request for information but don't get into an argument with them. It's better to take a deep breath and to say, " I'm sorry, I think you missunderstood me" and to read out your question on the bit of paper again! I also find it is better to ask them a combination of both open and closed questions. That way you can easily determine if you are talking to someone with more than a peapod between the ears or if it's another one of the mushrooms.

Mushroom - someone that's kept in the dark and fed bull**** all day...lol

Too show them that you are better than them, do not raise your tone of voice. They feed on annoying you because it's the only bit of excitement in an otherwise dull day...

Percevere people, it's worth it!!