• Tweets

• I told them that it was an accident and that I used the oyster card as my debit card was lost. However, they did an investigation and realised it was not a one off. I have told them how remorseful I feel and how a criminal conviction would result in expulsion from my degree but they still want to take me to court. I have received the court summons letter
    • 20 million quid on just the brokering fee for a crappy deal with the UK public hocked to pay more for PPE - which was probably useless with better and cheaper per item with no 20 million quid fee - available from alibaba Stinks of corruption to me.  
    • Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
    • Speaking of Frost and Johnson the corrupt liars' grate deal they forced through   Shortages of life saving medicines has become ‘new normal’ for UK after Brexit WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK ‘The medicines supply chain is broken at every level,’ warns Dr Leyla Hannbeck   "Professor Tamara Hervey, of the City Law School, said: “There is nothing inevitable about this ‘new normal’ where Great Britain is isolated in efforts to manage fragilities in global supply of the products and people we need to run the NHS. It is the consequence of policy choices and those could be different.”     Mind you, the private sector is making hays while the NHS is burned. Private health insurance market grows by £385m in a year amid NHS crisis | Private healthcare | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Demand for private treatment booms as NHS waiting lists remain long, while more people also sign up for dental cover  
    • That's an idea on Maquarie. On being accountable, you also have to blame Ofwat and possibly the Environment Agency although they've been badly defunded. I put the Frost article up for balance.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

lynn v London Mortgage Company

bach
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lyn and Nicho,

Apologies for the "timely" reply, I'm snowed under.

Friday did not go according to plan, well sort of... Here's why.

We got to the hearing and as I walked in the judge asked me what I was doing there and as I started explaining, he just stopped me dead in my tracks. He accepted my presence as a McKenzie Friend but would not allow me to address the court as I was hoping he would allow me to do. As this debate proceeded, one of my clients stood up and stormed out of the room swearing about how he can't cope and to be honest with you, I was prepared for this and in a way, this did me a favour. I asked my client to get proof from the NHS that he is depressed and receiving treatment, so I presented the letters to the judge via my other client and the judge thankfully took pitty on them. The rep from the lender did not have certain facts or figures at hand that the judge requested so the hearing has been posponed for 28 days, while they get there house in order.

Jugde wanted to see the policy document for PPI, value of property and a list of all costs and charges applied to the account to date, not just arrears.

In the meantime I am sending off more letters to the lender telling them how dissapointed both me and my clients are at the poor preparation of the representative and demand from them an explanation for this. It all adds weight to my case so I suppose we will see at the next hearing how things progress.

I was going to ask for 56 days to make arrangements to buy the house from my clients but in a way, this posponement has done this because even if the judge gives a possession order there and then at next hearing, I would have had my 56 days in anyway.

I will also make them another offer for full and final settlement and hopefully things may progress forward from there. Key things:

1)we have more time.

2)preparation and attention to detail on our side paid off!!

Remeber to persevere!!!

How are you folks getting on?

Regards

B

Anyone still looking for details of the insurance company connected to LMC?

Try

Sterling Insurance Group Ltd

50 Kings Hill Avenue

Kings Hill

West Malling

Kent

ME19 4JX

Tel 0845 271 1500 or 0845 271 1475

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nicho

On previous thread you mentioned

"that you believe that at the time you were told that you would have to take out the ppi as the loan amount was quite large and would have to have it as part of the loan."

This is mis selling you PPI, if they made it part of the condition of the loan, I would definatly cancel it and start a claim for mis selling.

Are you covered by other means? if not try and get a cheaper one if you do need cover.

I expect they will probably try to tell you that they will have to arrange another loan, and argue the point that because you had the PPI you had a cheaper rate. If it was me I would cancell it and wait for their reply.

They have no right to insiit that you have PPI

Regards Lynn

Hi to all just an update

Sent a S A R to Norton Finance as London Mortgage Company informed me my PPI was with Norton Finance

Received a letter this morning from Norton saying

"London Personal Loans Policy Summery has been updated since my loan was completed in November 04 ans tells me to contact London Mortgage for a copy of the Policy Summery from that date.

Norton them tell me that Sterling Insurance was the Insurance Provider. Hu !!!

They also say that they cannot provide any recordings of calls as they dd not record calls at the time my loan was processed.

I have checked all my info received from London Mortgage Company (SAR)

and now where does it mention any where who the PPI was with.

I would appreciate any thoughts please, Im sick of been given the run around, this has been going on since October 06

I have never had any documentaion or correspondance for any PPI, It seems its impossable to find out who is supposed to o fsupplied the alleged cover.

Regards Lynn

Bach,

I am really intesrested in what you have to say with regards to PPI. I am just about to start to cancel my PPI and dont know where to start. It seems that you have already done quite a lot of prep work already but still not got to the company that actually supplies the insurance. If you find anything else out I am keeping my eye on the thread.

Hi nicho Ask them to cancel you PPI policy and say that you are now aware that you are not obliged to take out PPI with them as part of the loan. If you can record the conversatioon that would be good but tell them that you are

recordmycall.co.uk

Let me know what they have to say, Ill see If I can help

Good Luck

Lynn

Hi Nicho, I would give Sterling a call first. They have been leeding me a merry dance up until now, its taken ages to get to the boittom of who this PPI was with. I think there's a lot more to come yet, but yes start with Sterling

Good Luck

Lynn

Yes sent it last Monday, I work away from Home Monday to Friday, so wont know if they have replied untill I get home tonight. But will let you know if they have replied asap

lynn

Just had acknowledgement from London Mortgage pointing out that

1) " If data is held on our file for a third party (e g where account is in joint names) details will not be released."

This was a single* insurance but loan was in both names

2) " Where third party correspondence is held, they will write to the parties to obtain their authority to release copies to us. "

as I have sent the same D P A letter to all three of them, London Mortgage Company, Norton Finance , and Sterling Insurance one of them will have to produce our PPI information

"They will contact me when in a position to provide the information I have requested."

Question is can anyone enlighten me with their comments

Thanks Lynn

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi nicho1120,

Sorry Iv only just been able to log on to my computor, have had to have the whole disc drive wipped and start again. A real bummer so lost loads and loads of work, a lesson to us all to do a back ups. My Sons a classical composer and he's also lost some of his work, although he did save a lot of his fortunatly.

Tomorrow I will catch up with the paper work and let you know whats happening.

Regards Lynn

Any way to answer your question no I haven't heard a thing form them.

• 3 months later...

Can anyone help. We have a main mortgage with Bradford & Bingley, of which the DSS pay the interest. We also have a secured mortgage with LMC, and have to pay the full amount every month.

As my partner receives Disability Allowance, and Income Support we are having real problems paying the full amount every month. We did get into arrears a few months ago, but borrowed the money off my brother to pay off the arrears.

Does anyone know if the DSS will help pay towards the mortgage with LMC, if not does anyone know what we can do.

Many thanks

Fran

Hi Fran

The second loan you have with LMC you will not be able to get any help with.

Are you paying any Payment Protection Insurance ? if so look to see if you can claim on it due to your curcumstances.

Have you thought about an extension of the term of the loan to make smaller payments or look around for a better deal.

What ever you do do not put the Mortgage with B&B and the loan with LMC together for a re mortgage as I understand that the DSS can stop paying the interest on the first loan.

Hope this helps best of luck

Lynn

Hi Lyn

Thanks for replying. We haven't got payment protection, as they wouldn't give it to us, due to my partner not working. We have tried to get the payments reduced with LMC but they wont do it. We did approach B&B to combine the mortgages but again they wont do it, as my partner is receiving disability.

Basically we dont know what to do, but i was going to inquire with the local council, to see if they would buy back the house, and we rent it from them.

Thanks anyway

Fran

Hi Fran,

Looks as though you,ve looked into it pretty well.

Just another thought can you find time to go th the Citizens advice, they can write to LMC on your behalf and ask them to take reduced payments. Iv found to be really helpful, I would also let the FSA know of your situation and tell them how un helpful LMC have been. Point out to them that you could loose your house and with a husband who has a disability it would cause great hardship

Its worth talking to the Council you,ve got nothing to loose

You will have to look at the implications of it though very carefully.

How about starting your own thread You could put it on the Special Needs and Disabilities and also the Mortgage section. I don't mind you being on this thread, but you'll get more exposure and thats good because the experts and people who may have had the same problem may be able to help. Ill find you as well to keep up with events.

Fran, I have to say Im not an authority on any of this, but I have done quite a bit of reading up. I can only offer a listning ear and to talk things through and advise hope that helps.

Keep your chin up

Lynn

Thanks Lyn for your help, its nice to know im not alone. Will do what you say with regards to the CAB. I have tried myself with LMC to get the payments reduced, but they dont wont to know. Will let you know how i get on, and will start a new thread with regards to what you said.

Once again thanks for your help.

Fran

x

Morning Fran

You sound really positive thats great, Im convinced Citizens advice will be able to get your payments reduced, they have for me.

Good luck and I'll tag your thread

Lynn.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lynn

Just an update on what has been happening. Went to the CAB, spent over 2 and half hours there, only to be told to go and see someone at Shelter, which i did do the following day. Bad luck again as the women had to cancel, so trying again this week. Worse still the cheque that was sent to LMC was taken by my bank as i was overdrawn, if it hadnt been for the postal strike LMC would have got the cheque earlier. So i've now got to find the money for the mortgage from last month, and also this month, and the money for the bank. Really annoyed with the bank, as they stopped my overdraft without letting me know, so not only have they put charges on me for being overdrawn, but apart from the mortgage cheque bouncing, so has the gas payment.

And i thought things couldn't get any worse.

Fingers crossed something has got to go right for me soon.

Fran