VCS Parking Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

On 3rd June 09 I received an £80 parking ticket in the Globe Road car park in Leeds.

I had paid for the parking there but the ticket had got lodged in the front air vent, probably when I shut the door.

I spoke to the parking attendant in the entrance booth who told me to just send in a copy of my receipt and that should suffice for the appeal. I did this but VCS wrote me a letter saying the rules state that a ticket must be on display at all times and whilst I hadn't intentionally meant to breach the regulations, there was still no grounds to appeal.

The letter they sent said that the ticket had to be paid by 12 May 2009 which is 3 weeks EARLIER than the ticket!

Does anybody know if I have grounds to appeal this since I was a) told by the attendant it shouldn't be a problem and b) the date for sending money in is wrong.

Many thanks

There is no appeals process. This is a private company - they'll never turn down cash. You'll always get back their 'appeal rejected' template letter back.

All you have is an unenforceable invoice masqerading as some sort of official 'ticket'.

It's a [problem].

• do not pay

• do not contact them again

ignore their threatening junkmail

• same applies to the rubbish their powerless debt collectors will send you

• they will give up and go away

• they will not take you to court, but bleat on about it in the toilet paper they'll post to you

Private companies have no powers to issue fines, only recoup actual losses. You paying but not displaying has cost them £0. Could Tesco fine you if you bought and paid for a pint of milk but lost the receipt? Of course not.

It's a con. A trick.

Don't lose any sleep over it. Just forget about it and relax.

lovely [problem]

wonderful [problem]

ignore it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

people should NOT simply ignore these letters ..

They should :

Complain to the DVLA, via email, that their personal data has been released to a private company with that company giving No adequate reason (breach of agreement or breach of law) for your personal data to be released.

Complain to the ICO via email that the DVLA is releasing personal information to private companies without adequate reason for the release of the data.

"Moral emptiness and epidemiological stupidity”

"unrepentant and inveterate liar" “tinpot dictator” “mired in sleaze”

Boris Johnson Mendex est

“The failure of the cheerleaders of Brexit to acknowledge the consequences of Brexit as due to Brexit remains remarkable.” - David Schneider

Lindser

I got an invoice of VCS in the same car park early last year for practically the same reason. After an initial flood of quite threatening letters - always containing the words 'may' but never 'will' - I've not heard anything for months. I must have got about 3 or 4 letters, plus a couple from a debt recovery company based at the same PO Box, and then they gave up!

1) Just ignore them

2) Report them as tobyjugg suggests

3) And don't park in Globe Road anymore. The landowner has lost around £540 in revenue from me because of this [problem] :)

p.s. there is a cheaper car park at Waters Lane that employs a real attendant who takes your money and does not require tickets to be displayed

• 2 years later...

Do we have any updates on VCS parking charges?

I parked in Globe Street car park Leeds recently. The charge for the day was £3.50. I paid exactly that by £2, £1 and 50p coins. The £1 coin did not register, nor did the machine release it when I aborted the purchase.I re-inserted the aborted coins and pressed for a ticket hoping it would at least print correctly. It did not and I received a PCN. I had no further coins, so left a note a dashboard explaining.

Today I recieved a letter telling me i had still contravened the parking regulations by parking on private land without displaying a valid pay and display ticket....I didnt have that option!

They said it wasnt acceptable to leave a note in the windscreen . They arte saying I should have utilised the helpline on the signs to inform them of the situation?? So its my responsibilty to inform them of their ill maintained...or tampered...machines is it? And is it there right to presume everyone has a mobile phone facility to do this?Alternatively,they stated I should have made alternative parking arrangements....so in other words , go park elsewhere despite already paying to use this car park or receive a fine of £80??

Well, I have decided to take them on . I have already given them my address as I actually mistakenly thought it was a council car park, which was unfortunately my mistake.

I believe the contravention was theirs by failing to efficiently provide the services for which I had paid the correct amount.

Watch this space.

Edited by Susy Tutu

The best way to hurt them is to totaly IGNORE their demands for your cash.

If you write to them they will not be interested in what you have to say at all, all they want is your money!

Let THEM send YOU their begging letters, it costs them money , not you, their proffits suffer . If everyone ignored them they wouldnt last long in their buisness.

Read around this forum, IGNORE realy is the best way and it is easy to do.

hello all:-)

Don't fight them, its pointless. If you want to fight them then why not sit back, collect all the empty threat letters they'll send and then report them to Trading Standards and the OFT? That'll have a better effect. Contacting them will only make them think you are taking them seriously and they will badger you even more. You may inadvertantly incriminate yourself to the point where they might risk court (unlikely but you MAY decrease the odds). Seriously, just ignore them.

The update I have is that I never ever heard from them again, so follow the advice1) Don't get into correspondance with them (I did, but at least it cost them in toner and postage)2) Ignore everything you get (but file it)3) Enjoy lifeBTW I've had 2 similar invoices from a different company for 2 separate scenarios and they went away by ignoring them too.