Cas Chasing me For Money??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have just been discharged from bankruptcy after 12 month's.

I thought all was well until yesterday I got a letter through the post saying.

WE ARE AUTHORISED TO OFFER YOU A REDUCTION IN RESPECT

THE ABOVE ACCOUNT.

Our ref. xxxxxxxxx

Original Creditor Zestdew plc. (Never had any dealing with this place ever).

Debt Outstanding £9223.18

Equibdebt Limited has instructed us to collect the above debt which has been outstanding for some considerable timeand must be paid.

My loan Outstanding with LLoyds Tsb was £9400.00

Which was one of the main Debts in my bankrupcy there is no other debt close to that ammount.

I am worried now as I was hoping everything was going to be ok after my bankrupcy.

They have asked me to phone them for a settlement figure within 3 days funny they send these things at weekend.

Any help would be welcome as I am worried sick at the moment.

P.S

Seems there are a few companies here

Zestdew

Equibdebt

Cas, Credit Anicillary Service (These were very very hard to find online through search engines).

CAS

Zestdew PLC (a subsidiary of an affiliate of Lehman Brothers International ( Europe)) purchased a portfolio of re-performing loans from Lloyds TSB, they went into liquidation last year.

It looks as if they are trying to chase something which was included in your bankruptcy.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Zestdew plc was a subsidiary of the now defunct Lehman Brothers!

Think you need to send a 'prove it' a letter (Pointer anyone?)

If it turns out this is the Lloyds/TSB loan that was included in your bankruptcy (and you should then have paperwork somewhere to confirm this) then you can have a huge laugh at their expense!

This is the prove it letter should you wish to send it:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Reference no: 00000000000

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

• 5 months later...

I got a letter from EquiDebt alleging that i owe these clowns Zestdue £564.12.

These companies must think we are stupid or something, I did some reaserch and i think this is from an old overdrought debt I had with Lloyds TSB over 6 years ago that got written down.

Loyds TSB must have sold this bad debt to Zestdue, the thing is I have no dealings with zestdue, no contract with zestdue, and nothing in my paperwork that says I owe them this money.

I class zestdue as what I call a 'Dung Beatle Trader'. They feed off the crap loans and investments that other banks cast aside cos those banks know there is no way they are ever going to get their money back, and when they know that they cant enforce the debt throught court, they sell them off to these parasites.

Letter going off to them today...thank you zestdew you bunch of clowns, but no I am not paying you a penny, its not my problem you purchased a bad debt off another company, my contract lies with Lloyds TSB not you.

Two fingers up! :)