refused job for very dodgy reason where do I stand

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just been made redundant from a job I have been doing for 10 years (30 in total with the employer). One of the suppliers to the company called me during the gardening leave and asked whether I would consider working for him in a training role.This position uses all my experience and would be as an 'implant' in the company I have been made redundant from but is not the role I have been doing previously. I am a perfect match for the role. There are others doing this role currently and this would be additional resource. This seemed to be a perfect situation for the supplier as he knew he was getting a fully experienced person who knew the working practises of the company inside out and would need only training in the new role. The new role would be a travelling one not based in one site as my previous role was. During the time with the company I have always had exemplary reports and exceeded every appraisal, I was made redundant only because the job was amalgamated with another dept. They did not appear to want me out of the door as I was offered a different role which I tried for 2 weeks and hated so accepted the redundancy.

I have now been told by the supplier that he is absolutely shocked that the company have said yes they do want the implant from him but it cannot be me as they want fresh eyes for the job. Bearing in mind that this is a new role for me that I have not performed it is certainly not a sideways move. It smacks of either sour grapes or blacklisting to me, because others are positively encouraged to move to suppliers but it seems as if I am being told what is OK for others is not for me,potentially not allowing suppliers to employ me. If they argue they could potentially lose millions in contracts so of course that is not an option. Any advice any one can offer me here? I have been told that potentially there is a legal issue here and their action is actually very dodgy but I am not sure about that .