• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Excessive Charges * * WON * *

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know! I have heard nothing at all from Lloyds or the Courts since my acknowledgement of my claim (by the court!)

I just tried to enter a Judgement By Default but the online service won't let me!

I wonder I will be able to do it after 12pm tonight (i.e after 3rd April!). Hmm, puzzling. Will try again later and keep you all posted.

Have you tried Lotta Littlies? I know your deadline is today also? How you getting on?

**I have just filed for £40 in charges from Capital One - I know its only £40 but its MY £40 lol!!! - Its worth doing whatever the sum!**

Princess of Power!

Lol just came on to ask you the same thing! Yes I tried for both of my claims - the current account where they need to enter their defence by today and my credit card claim where it's day 14 for them to acknowledge it. Neither was allowed by the moneyclaim site so I expect I'll be sitting here a minute after midnight ready to press the button lol!

Lotta

lol, I too am getting butterflies, and it is not my claim :)

**I have just filed for £40 in charges from Capital One - I know its only £40 but its MY £40 lol!!! - Its worth doing whatever the sum!**

You would take a thief to court if they stole £40 from you, so why not the bank.

regards,

InterSimi

Good luck to all of you...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

In all the excitement I've completley c*cked up my dates and have gone from the date of issue rather than the date of being served, so the final date is actually the 8th April for them to enter their defence and to acknowledge my second claim re CC charges. *blush* and grrrr!

Lotta

Good luck

Time Line

1st April 2006. Sent First Letter.

3rd April 2006. Got a reply telling me it is being looked into.

17th April 2006. Leter Before Action Sent Today. 1st class post recorded delivery.

21th April 2006. Got reply telling me no way.

lol, I too am getting butterflies, and it is not my claim :)

You would take a thief to court if they stole £40 from you, so why not the bank.

True - bankfodder tells me I may hold the record for the smallest claim lol - in any case its my money!! And when I get it back I will be treating mrplan74 and myself to a lovely chinese meal!

Lotta Littlies - I made that mistake last week! Don't worry only a few more days to go...I am waiting 5 more minutes then I should be able to go on the Moneyclaim site and enter a Default Win - fingers crossed. Today is the deadline and I have heard nothing...

Princess of Power!

Got "banged" with a defence on ours. So wanted to push the button after midnight tuesday 4th April. Whatever, who knows, they might even put in an appearance at court ( more exciting! ) . But it does add to the "buggerance factor" when you are running a one man business to have to attend to this as well. If I get it back ( or rather when ) i'll take a day out and treat the family and forget about Lloyds bloody TSB for a change!

Good luck all and press those buttons at 00:00:01 ( fastest finger first wins according to Chris Tarrant !)....

all ideas and information exchanged willingly, bounce the ideas around,it helps everyone at the end of the day, good luck to you all and God Bless...LoL Graham & Yvonne

Its 12.11am and I still can't file a Default so I'm going to try again in the morning or I will never get up if I don't go to sleep now!

I can't believe the amount of people online right now tehe go to bed you mad people lol!

Will keep you all posted!!

Nitey nite! ZZZzzzz

Princess of Power!

Morning!!!

It has now been submitted for approval on Moneyclaim and then I have asked for the amount to be paid immediately when it is presented to Lloyds TSB.

So will let you know what happens - I can't wait to be able to say that I have my money back and the cheque in my hand.

Am skipping about the office now lol, woohoo!

I hope my progress to date will prompt others to get on with it.

Will keep you posted!!!! (not long now Lotta Littlies! x)

Princess of Power!

well done princess, i also have a claim in with lloyds letter before action went late last week still no reply.

their letter back to my first letter was slightly different from yours they seemed

to be getting nasty and threatened to close the account.

i know in my mind it was just scare tactics on their

part but it has not scared me in the least. i am prepared to go to court in 14 days as i said in my letter to them.

i wonder what their next action will be this is a battle of there own making and we will all win in the end i am sure.

once again well done and enjoy your money when you get it back.

Thanks Paul - and don't worry - carry on till the bitter end and don't be scared off by their letters.

If you see my whole thread they also threatened to close my account if I kept misbehaving with asking for my money back, etc. lol. (am i bovvered?!)

Don't get disheartened, the money is yours and nothing they can do or say will change that.

Princess of Power!

Congrats PrincessAphrodite, well done!!!

Lottalittlies or whatever your name is, good luck, keep us posted!

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks