Dca I Need Help

parki

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all ive just received letters from 3 diffrent DCA regarding so called debt from a previous address from about 6 years ago.

1.£11000 which was a £5000 loan due to circumstances couldnt pay ive noticed that the bank name is diffrent to the one i took out,so i need to find out info and if its statue barred,what letter do i have to send these.

2.Letter from DCA regarding a water bill £500 but i was paying monthly when i was there.

3.Letter from DCA for a debt for £1000,havent a clue what it is.

Any advice what to do or what letters to send as im a bit dubious about these debts as it was a rented house i was in and the landlord was a bit dodgy.

I cant exactly remember the date in which i lived there but roughly about 6 years.Ive been threatened with court so i need urgent advice please.

ignore them

they cant take you to court about anything

they are are a DCA and have no legal powers at all.

its up to THEM to prove it is NOT statute barred not you to prove it is.

and regardless to thet, i bet they have no agreement anyhow .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks so what letter do i send to them as these 1st letters ive received was sent to a old address and the occupants have passed them on to me.So i need to inform them of my current address so i can also send them a letter to prove the debt is mine.

Hold Fire On Giving Them Your New Address For The Time Being

Might Have A Solution

If You Dont Live To Far From Your Old Address, Contact The Royal Mail Delievery Office And Apply For A Keep Safe

Any Letters For You Will Be Held At The Delievery Office For You To Collect

Saves A Redirection

By The Way

Any Body Doing A Royal Mail Redirection,

The Authorities Including Tv Licence Are Informed Of Your New Address

i wouldn't send anything.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for all replies but im not 100% it was 6 years on the big one but could be round about.How would i find out if it is as dont want to send statue barred letter incase its not.Should i request a CREDIT AGREEMENT.As i really need to sort this out as where the letters are going now they know my new address and not happy because i did not redirect my mail.The big loan was sold onto them in 2005 but the bank name i didnt take a loan from them.Just wondering if someone has taken a loan out in my name cant check with credit reference agencies as i dont have CC to do it on line.These letters where dated 3 weeks ago so something can be happening as i speak dont want to go to court.

You can check your credit file for free here https://www.annualcreditreport.co.uk/account/create.htm you don't need a CC, once you've filled in your details they'll send you log-in details by snail mail but it'll take about 3 days.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

These letters where dated 3 weeks ago so something can be happening as i speak dont want to go to court.

i refer to my earlier post.

DCA's CANNOT get you in court.

they have NO LEGAL POWERS

all they can do is send threat-o-grams.

it is also up to THEM, to prove it is NOT statue barred & not you to prove it IS.

it's obvious you have received pfishing letters, which, DCA's send out like confetti, on any debt they 'aquire'. they do not CARE about its age, they are just phishing for mugs they can get money out of.

your only issue here is the mail going to your old address.

you can sadly do little about this, even if you do reply with your new one.

Postggi answer might suffice.

the things is, should you get these jokers off your back, it will just result in the debt being passed to another DCA on a bulk buy, then letters will go to the old address again.

Ignore all of it.

dx

and they