reliable collections/kensington fmc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am having problems with reliable, when we where called by reliable over a debt to 50+. (part of the jd williams grp.) they asked for the money owed and when my wife told them that we had been in touch with 50+ and had asked for a reduction in the payments, and where waiting a reply. reliable then said that we would be better using a financial management company. my wife agreed and reliable told her to hold the line, 2 seconds later she was talking to somebody from kensingtons. arrangements were made and we where told that they would call us back and take some details.

true to there word they rang back and took all our financial details, we asked for a paying in book as we dont do direct debits,this was agreed we where asked when we wanted to make the first payment, it was agreed that we would start paying on the 27th of last month. all the relevant paper work arrived the next morning, i was impressed. i received a phone call on the morning of the 27th, at 9am asking what time i was going to pay the money into there account so they could get the ball rolling.

it has all gone down hill since then. the first payment was for kensingtons to start getting in touch with all our creditors, we where told that all our creditors would be aware of the situation by wednesday of the next week.

we recieved some more calls off our creditors asking for payment, we explained that kensingtons were taking over our payments at that they should have recieved notification, they never got it. i rang kensingtons and was put through to my liason team and was told that they would fax all the paperwork to our creditors on that day and he would ring me when it was done. i rang them yesterday and spoke to another member of my liason team, and asked him to get my personal liason team member to ring me, it again never happened. i rang today to cancel our agreement, i spoke to a manager who apologised, and said that my personal liason team member went home sick.and the other chap was not in today or tomorrow, i am getting nowhere with them and have asked for a senior member/manager to ring me on monday morning. i will keep you posted.

is anyone else dealing with kensingtons?.icon8.gif

sorry for ranting on, but i needed to get this off my chest.

regards. scousemonk.

yes you are correct but these companies dont stop the interest/ charges until they have a management agreement. but when i got the paperwork off these people the amounts didnt tally. so now because i am in poor health my son and my wife are going to sort out with our creditors to pay them direct, and stop all charges/interest. we will of course be picking everyones brain on this wonderful site as we go along.

regards. scousemonk

You should also make a complaint to the OFT about Reliable as they are not allowed to do what they have done in regards to refering you to a debt management company.

2u7t9g1.gif

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/DebtCollectionComplaintForm.DOC

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

[email protected]

The Office of Fair Trading: Debt collection practices

tel: 020 7211 5823

Debt collection guidance - Final guidance on unfair business practices - oft664

reliable then said that we would be better using a financial management company. my wife agreed and reliable told her to hold the line, 2 seconds later she was talking to somebody from kensingtons.

Cerb is right, refering you to a dmc is not on. This company is the pits in the catalogue world. Report them as Cerb says.

You should also make a complaint to the OFT about Reliable as they are not allowed to do what they have done in regards to refering you to a debt management company.

They offered me the same 'exclusive, special' help months ago (I declined their kind offer) - but now I am in charge not them :lol:

Welshwizard QC (Quite Content):rolleyes:

hi welsh wizard. yes they are full of inclusive offers. i have written to every one of my creditors, i have enclosed the management companies schedule of payments. the s--t will hit the fan when all the paper work lands on all there desks. i am going to wait until they have all accepted my offers and then i am going to fire off some letters to,OFT, and any other government body that comes to mind. regards; scousemonk.

many thanks to all you lovely people who have helped me on this forum.

i will keep you all posted on the outcome of my phone calls tomorrow.

hi everybody, boy have i had a busy day, waited till 12.30 for phone call from kensingtons, then i phoned them, couldnt speak to the main man, so ended up ranting at client liaison officer, he apologised for all the mistakes that they had made, i asked if they had an office in the same building as reliable and he said no, i asked if they had a fixer in reliables office yes he answered, that is why you cant speak to the main man once you have paid the money into there account his job is finished.

refund of monies paid will be with me on friday(yeah!). i have wrote to all my creditors with this information and my payment proposals. when i have there answer, i will fire off letters to the right people and departments.

regards scousemonk

hi everybody. eventually the mainman/fixer at kensingtons rang. tried to get me to stay with them,offered a senior liaison officer. claimed that the chap who said he would sort out my repayment hadnt done so. he said he would get the check out to me in the next couple of days. i wont hold my breath. i think i am going to have a long fight to get my money back.

regards; scousemonk

hi mr ton. i am trying to get all the relevant paper work together, try and find some more answers and also give kensington the benefit of the doubt.

will spend s few days on this site and others to get the facts.

will keep you all in the picture as i go along. regards scousemonk.

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Electronic Communications) Order 2004 came into force on 31st December 2004. This Act allows for electronic signatures provided that the whole process is done electronically.

The Consumer Credit Act 2006 which revoked s127(3) came into force April 2007.

Edit: regarding the (Electronic Communications) Order 2004, they still need to produce an agreement specific to you, the only difference should be a tick instead of a sig. SImply producing a blank agreement will not do..

Edited by Nagasis

hi nagasis. thanks for your response. i did everything via computer. they sent a cca for me to sign but i never got round to it. i just ticked the terms & conditions box. scousemonk

It doesnt supprise me they sent a cca for you to sign altho you signed up online as I believe from this link UK Mail-Order Giant, JD Williams, Selects Silanis Electronic Signatures | Silanis their online agreements don't conform.

The only problem is that as the account was opened only last year it is covered by the cca 2006 where the lack of a signed agreement is no longer an absolute bar to enforcement in the courts. (thats how i understand it and stand corrected if wrong)

hi nagasis, thanks for the info. just how would i find out about the on line agreements conforming/not conforming. and is it up to them to tell people that ticking the box constitues a signature. or is it down to us to read up on the laws. scousemonk

This statement in the article says it all really:

"...while creating a competitive advantage for the retailer by becoming the first UK mail-order company to achieve CCA-compliant credit agreements over the web....."

Methinks before January 2009 (date of the article), their agreements may not have been compliant then....:D

Welshwizard QC (Quite Content):rolleyes:

hi everybody. this one is for the total idiots at jd williams/reliable, if you have ever had an e-mail of any of these companies, you will see that it asks you to think of the planet when considering to print the message. have you got all of that? i got six yes six letters off reliable this morning, all in seperate envelopes. well thats the planet considerd. scousemonk.

well now for the serious stuff. in the begining there was £10.00 offered by me to all of my creditors, then came reliable/kensington. my creditors where firstly offered between £1.57 & £10.00. i wrote to my creditors and again offered £10.00. then along came reliable/kensington. reliable in there letters this morning have stated that most of my creditors have accepted £5.00 per month. forwarded every 28 days from kensington fmc. we also confirm that no further service charge will be applied providing that the agreement is adhered to. failure to comply to this agreement will result in further action and possible costs being applied along with the resumption of service charges. am i being backed into a corner here, if i was still with kensington i would have to pay them £100.00 per month, they would then pay my creditors £50.00, who gets the other £50.00. the hole is getting bigger for these idiots. regards; scouemonk

Hi, I use Kesington Financial Mnagement to manage my DMP as they were recommended to me by a collegeague who also uses them. I've had no problems with them and my plan is progressing well. To answer the question re why pay someone. CCCS said I could pay £200 more than I could afford and they won't take my existing plan over. Not surprisingly they are funded by the banks. I have 7 creditors, am recently divorced (a non working alcoholic ex), have a very demanding job and 3 kids, 2 of whom are teenagers. I quite simply didn't have the time to take on the battle on my own. I haven't tried Payplan but some CAGGERS speak well of them. Kensington are a bonefide company but I believe they're inundated by requests for help. I dealt with them by phone and e-mail and I rarely get to speak to my liaison person but I always get answers from whomever takes my call when I ring. However, don't be fooled re timings. The first month's payment is taken upfront and your creditors won't see a penny until month 2. This is normal unfortunately for all companies who act on a fee basis. And before you think CCCS is acting for free, it is for you but they get a percentage back from the creditors. This does mean that your creditors won't get a penny for 6 weeks so you will be hassled for about 2 months until the dust settles if you stop paying them whilst the plan is sorted. Hope this helps and good luck with whatever you decide to do. Rest assured KFM are not [problematic] and it sounds like you've been unlucky.