Lewis Group advice urgently needed please, they are on my doorstep!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have returned home from staying with my parents for the past week to find two cards posted thru my door from the Lewis Group (re: old Next directory debt of approx £400) requesting that i call the agent named on there. The envelope is handwritten and so therefore hand delivered as its only my name on it and no address/postmark. Can anyone advise on my rights if they turn up again? I am really in a mess, my husband is out of work, I suffered a stroke in Jan and while I am recieving full pay its not enough to pay these people. Can they force entry??

I am scared that if they turn up again and see my car now in the drive (its a motability car so only 6 mnths old) they will think i am pulling a fast one.

Please can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

Thank you

xx

Next account?

Did you sign a credit agreement? in fact i bet i already know the answer to that question

I have to say that, the only real way to get rid of these fools is by way of a claim in court for a declaration that the agreement is unenforceable

i have a block of claims in the court currently on those lines and we have already had a lot of success, in fact every claim has succeeded completely

they are honestly nothing to worry about,

Do you have any letters from them? If they come to the door when you are home tell them that you will only communicate in writing and shut the door. They have no right of access to your home. Tell them to get lost before you call your local police. Send them this.

Lewis Debt Recovery

The Lewis Group LTD.

Lawrence House

Riverside Drive

Cleckheaton

West Yorkshire

BD19 4DH

Dear Cretins,

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY OR ANY COMPANY YOU CLAIM TO REPRESENT

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office of Fair Trading of your actions.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

Edit the letter to suit, do not sign it and send it recorded delivery to make sure they get it.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Thank you all for the replies.

Firstly the debt i think is approx 2-3 yrs old max, no signed cca in place from what i recall (its actually in my maiden name). I have had correspondance before but stupidly have not opened the letters, things are about as bad as can be here at the moment.

The latest card posted thru my door yesterday has a Belfast address on it, do you think this will be the one i should write to? I still have all my post so I can dig thru them as there is no reference number on the cards.

Many thanks to all of you :-)

xxx

You shoud use the Belfast address as it is the one on the letter.

Tell them to prove they have the right to collect and if not to clear off. Tell them everything is to be in writing from now on and any doorstep visits will not be entertained. Anyone turning up from now on will be told to go away and they will be reported.

Don't hold back, just tell them straight.

Use the address you have on the letter. I assumed you lived in England and used the address i had form a previous letter i had from them. They have not contacted me in over a year. When they do i will CCA them.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

I would wait until you have more information. Concentrate on getting them to cease the harrassment first.

Please try not to let this worry you. I know that it is a hard thing to hear, but honestly most of us on here arrived here in a state of manic depression! The first thing to do is take a deep breath and then understand that what we say is the truth - these are just the lower members of society (or so I believe) who happen to like causing hurt and heartache and have found a job that suits them down to the ground. What they say is only words they may like to think that they are FACT but they are not, they have no powers to do anything to you, get anything from you and certainly have no powers to personally harrass you whether it be over the telephone or at the door.

Be strong for yourselves and think only of your own selves first and last. These people are dealing with hundreds and thousands of ordinary decent folk like us all on here every day, and, having upset you will rub their hands together and just move on to the next one!!

No one on hear judges, so come here as often as you like, even if it is just to let off a bit of steam. We will be here to help you at every step of the way.

Hope this helps have a great evening.

Thank you :-)

Yr post made me cry it was so reassuring and kind, which i am truly grateful for. Sometimes i wonder how much more we can take, and my husband has never been out of work since the day he left school but there seems to be little hope these days.

thank you so so much. I will be typing away all morning tomorrow.

Maudy xxx