marston bailiff- court fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi to all. im a newbie here hope someone could advise me its a court fine issue started off at £400 i arranged a payment arrangement with the courts to take £5 pw from my job seekers allowance.all was good then i became ill and was put on incapacity benefit ,but apparently money of this nature cannot be taken from this benefit,so i was issued with a payment card.. of which i paid religiously but by this time the bulk of the payment had been paid .then in dec 08 i moved house i rang the courts to let them know of this change,and they logged it there and then , i paid a final £10 with my card relieved that it was done with... now i get a letter off marston giving me 7 days to pay 405.00. i am thinking my fine wasnt paid up my mistake , but said iv ignored letters,i have had no letters regarding this at my new address, they must of been sent to my old address, how on earth can i get out of this .im worried sick :-(

Hi and Welcome

Firstly please try not to worry to have found this forum and you will get plenty of help.

I have very little knowledge about fines but as you were under the impression you had paid this fine you could ring the courts and ask them if there is anything still outstanding. I would do this first thing Monday and then post up what the courts said. Then we can look at what sort of letter you need to send to Marstons.

Do not speak to these people on the phone as they will try to scare you into paying money that they may not be entitled to. These sort of people are well known to put pressure on people to pay. If you ever end up talking to them on the phone tell them everything must be in writing. A paper trail is always a good thing to have.

What date was Marstons letter, have you kept the envelope. If you have the envelope write on it the date you received it.

Also do you have your statements showing your payments and do you still have the payment card?

Hope this has been of some help to you.

DG:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

phoned the court today they said it had been passed over to the bailiffs , apparently its because of my change of address my mail must have gone to previous address, she wasnt much help on the phone really but i asked for a balance which was £101 and i asked if i could pay it over the phone no she said ring the bailiffs can you tell me were i go from here many thanks