Norwich Union / Cunningham Lindsay / IVAL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am an accountant and have been with NU for a few years and not claimed on any household policy for over 15 years if that. Had a bin thrown through the window last Christmas nothing stolen just a window had to be replaced. Had a break on 3 March 2009. Initially the claim was submitted and Cunningham Lindsay(CL) were appointed and came out within 2 days.They were happy and cash settled on some small items. They kept me up to date with eveything. Matters only deteriorated when I said that I wanted to go through my own supplier ( ie Comet)and not IVAL. IVAL offered to replace some items and those that they could not they said they would give me vouchers for DSG, Comet and various stores. I stated that I did not want it piecemeal and said make a mixture of cash settlement and vouchers for Comet.(I dont like Curries) I had some nasty calls from IVAL and when I started complaining the feedback from CL stopped and I was forced to do all the running in contacting CL, a cash settlement figure offered was withdrawn after I asked for a breakdown of what it was for and what I was being offered and discovering that the valuations given by IVAl were not used and were completly wrong and had items on the offer that I did not own and others ommited. My case was referred to a special investigator(SI). I asked how long it would take for my claim to be settled. He said that he could not give a timespan but could be 7 weeks or over and that the Police report has to be checked . I am being treated as a criminal. If I had agreed to go along with CL at start my claim would have been settled. My premium has now doubled from £474 to £861, but I am told by NU that CL will deal with it and to contact them. It has been over a week since I was interviewed by the SI and have heard nothing. Is this to intimidate me and What is the relationship (healthy or otherwise?) that CL have with IVAL that they keep pushing them. Please help and advise what I should do. It has been three months since I was broken into.:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

Edited by benharper
missed items

• 1 month later...

Hi Ben

I'm having problems with CL, too, over the reinstatement of my house that's been flooded three times - all ongoing. But, strange as this might seem, I don't blame the individuals involved. It's the way life is today: people aren't encouraged to think but instead they work by ticking boxes on a computer screen. NU had also told me to sort it out with CL through the complaints procedure which I was happy to do but it didn't work as the job has still gone wrong; they have since agreed to pay the cost of an independent survey if it is shown that CL has made a wrong decision. That's where I am now but it's all so bureaucratic and painfully slow. To you I'd say keep calm and be as objective as you can in the circumstances of a really personal matter ie your home and its contents. Being an accountant should help. Hope you've kept a diary. As to IVAL, think that they are just a tickbox on a CL screen. Once CL ticked the box and chose them as a supplier it became that much more difficult to change their mind and tick another box. I don't suppose there's any mo re to it than that. Sue ;)

• 7 months later...

If you have not had your claim satisfactorily dealt with perhaps you would like to join me when I take up my issue with Aviva's CEO at the next annual general meeting. Of course you would need, like me, to be a shareholder.