Telephone numbers

dsharpe

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would it bepossible to start some kind of ground swell here in order to encourage people to withold their telephone numbers from companies; I am getting very annoyed with it now being the default position that virtually every organisation one has dealings with they think they have the right to demand a telephone number...which at the best they will use to call and seel you things or at worst they will ring to harass and cause distress.

Each time I call to pay my credit card I have a debate where I am asked for a contect number, and the member of staff informs me that they 'must have' a telephone number....when they did have my telephone number they called me 3 times a day when I refused to pay their charges that they later refunded.

Why does my bank, insurance company or credit card need my telephone number, except to sell me rubbish or harass me?

All companies now when you apply to them try to make it seem obligatory to supply a telephone number... which then becomes virtually public property; surely if more people refused then this would stop.

basium, argentaria taberna, meus solum.

NatWest LBA Sent - 31/10/06 £1,126.42

Abbey Bank LBA sent - 1/11/06 £268 (8 months)

Barclay Card S.A.R sent - 1/11/06 £236 counted so far

Give them the phone number of Debtline or CAB. :D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

If they ask me for a number i give them one of my old mobile numbers and tell them i dont have a landline

There is no legal requirement to give anyone your phone number, so no-one should feel pressured into giving one ;)

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

Give them the phone number of Debtline or CAB. :D

Or another DCA then they can have fun answering each others 'security questions'. :p

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

:lol:

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

give them this 01133086000:D

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile: