General Form of Judgement or Order rec'd N24 - what am I to do please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My hubby had a CCJ but since his redundancy and only one income we haven't been able to pay it -

We then rec'd a "Notice of issue of warrant of Execution" - we completed a N244 and took it to the court and now he has rec'd a "General form of Judgment or order"

His court time and date is 12th June at 2pm -

He has to provide full documentary evidence of income and outgoings - he hasn't any income and outgoings - as I am the only one working - I pay what I can for everything.

He doesn't receive any benefit as apparently I earn too much (£250 a week gross)!!!!

Any idea what documents the court need to see.

Please help and many thanks again

Squashy

Not sure what/where to post this one!! - sorry

Hi Squashy, your hubby should have filled in an N245 to vary the judgement and offer a small amount each month - the form asks for income and expenditure and when it is received at court it suspends the warrant of execution while the court consider the offer. Given your husbands circumstances a small monthly payment would have been accepted. The difference between the N244 and N245 is that the N245 is dealt with in the court without having to attend a hearing.

However, you should complete the same budget sheet that you have already done for your other case and take that to the hearing. What did you put in Q.10 of the N244?

Ell

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ell-enn,

I really made a botch job of this one ;-((

He went to the court today - told the judge he does not have an income - therefore cannot pay anyone.

The Judge told him he has to offer something - otherwise the baliff would take possesion of any goods in his home - to which my husband commented - If I still have a home for them to visit.

The judge was very understanding and said he appreciates our situation - but we need to pay them something.

I am I right in thinking I can write to them offering a token payment of £1.00 - or do I need to complete another form for the court to agree?

Thanks again everyone.

squashy

So..... exactly what order did the judge give at the hearing? Did the other side turn up?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

OK, you need to send an N245 into court (I've affixed one for you). Enter the judgement and warrant number from the Warrant of Execution you received.

Fill it in to show that he has only a small amount left over each month (£1 /£5?). Take it into the court and it will be put in front of the judge for him to consider. Unfortunately it will cost £35.00 unless you are exempt from paying fees (leaflet explaining criteria for exemption affixed).

n245_0204.pdf

ex160a court fees.pdf