• Tweets

• Default Amount £9237.88, all this started in 2006 Admitted debt £9075.65 Weightmans added £1515.01 immediately they became involved, no explanation The Statement shows when Marlin bought debt in May 2011 £10439.25 Their statements, not received until the SAR, are based on this. Cabot deducted £1515.01on their statements in January 2019, again did not find this out until SAR. Weightmans added in  2007 after the CH1 etc was confirmed by the court £741.50, made up of Process server fees, Court Fee (they tried for bankruptcy), Solicitors fee and Land Registry fee. Unspecfied Legal costs were added by Marlin in March 2015, again I did not know this until statements received with SAR I had been paying monthly, without exception until December 2018. I am minded to take the property charge, CH1 amount ,deduct all my payments and the subsequent fees, and request/demand a refund on the final payment made? I consistently disputed Weightmans balances, but they never responded. I also told Mortimer Clarke/Cabot that I disputed their amounts.  
    • Just follow this link and have read of some threads so your familiar with the process https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track/#comment-5178739
    • Sorry,  I'm not familiar with terminology.  Direction questionnaire is what I've seen online as next step. Witness statement: I haven't gone that far, that's why I put the question marks.
    • 2. Is correct disregard 1. You must attend ad per the order 
    • Confirmed with Central Contact Centre that the hearing is 24th, disappointed I can't speak directly with the local county court I have to email the local court apparently is the only way. The agent couldn't explain the discrepancy between the two letters, she sounded very confused. If they were identical letters in wording but only dates were different I would feel ok, slightly worried the wording differs...
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome Financial & Credit reference agencies

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I am writing to see if anyone can advise me what is best to do in relation to an old debt I had a while ago.

I got a personal loan from Welcome Financial Services in 2004.

In 2006 I declared myself bankrupt and this loan was included in the bankruptcy. Welcome Financial are still chasing me for this money, even though I have written to them a number of times, I have written to a debt collectors collecting on their behalf (and the debt collectors have agreed that there is no debt to pay, and have written back to me that they have advised Welcome of this). I have gone into their local branch and have given the branch manager a copy of my bankruptcy notice and received a signature on a typed receipt from both the manager and another member of staff agreeing that they have received it - and confirmed my identity. I have received a letter from Welcome that requests a copy of the bankruptcy - sent to my previous address, but when I write back to them, they never receive my letters! Funny isn't it???

Welcome Financial Services also hold an entry on my credit file which shows this money still outstanding, and experian refuse to remove or edit it as Welcome are telling them it is correct. I have written to the ICO and they want proof that the debt was included in the bankruptcy. I have been in touch with the official receiver, who tell me that this may cost me to get this proof.

I have recently received a letter from another debt collection agency (Howard Cohen) advising they are now chasing the debt. My reply was a hand written letter - "Please advise which court to attend".

Where do I go from here?:x

Many Thanks for your help in advance;

Ste

Edited by sjl2
Adding details

MAKE SURE YOU USE RECORDED DELIVERY for all letters you send.

Make sure you tell them that you are disputing the account and keep a copy of all receipts for letters that the post office give you and keep a copy of all letters - from you to them and also from them to you.

Good Luck!

Ste

P.S. This is what I would do...... Make sure you get more advice before doing anything and check anything I say with someone more qualified in this area. This is only my opinion.

Hi Postggj,

I had discharge exactly 12 months from the date of the bankruptcy.

It was not something I wanted to do but had so many problems before this that I took legal advice from a number of sources before going ahead with it. Bankruptcy date was April 2006, discharge date was April 2007.

Many Thanks,

Ste

Make sure you tell them that you are disputing the account and keep a copy of all receipts for letters that the post office give you and keep a copy of all letters - from you to them and also from them to you.

Good Luck!

Ste

P.S. This is what I would do...... Make sure you get more advice before doing anything and check anything I say with someone more qualified in this area. This is only my opinion.

mr cohen is welcomes lap dog

his co is a solicitors practice

he gives the profession a bad name like a mr carter

if it was me i would ignore

let him waste his money and put in a claim

hit him for costs then as the claim is vexatiouse and request from the judge an order for the destruction of all data ref welcome

if its 100% included in the bankrupcy

no probs

It is just frustrating that they have still after all this time got an outstanding debt showing on my credit files - this is one of the very few items left to deal with, and this seems to be stopping me getting any regular credit - bank accounts / cards etc.

I have decided to just let them take me to court, but can I request the judge to order a change to my credit file? Do I need a copy of the statement of affairs - and if so, is there a way to get hold of this which is not likely to cost a fortune?

Many Thanks,

Ste

Good Luck!

Ste

hit him for costs then as the claim is vexatiouse

Please can you explain this phrase? I do not understand?

Thanks.

Good Luck!

Ste

But Does The Bankrupcy Stay On Your File For Six Years Even Though Discharged

Yes, it will show for 6 years from the initial order date.

All monies owed should show (if they were already at default) as a default, but also as settled.

The Welcome account shows as an outstanding balance of over £5k.

Thanks.

Good Luck!

Ste

This Is Going To Be A Bitter Pill To Swollow Ime Afraid

Even Though The Bankrupcy Has Been Discharged.

It Will Still Stay On Your Credit File For Six Years

Credit Companies Take One Look And Your History

You Will Get Credit But At A Very Very High Apr

This Is Going To Be A Bitter Pill To Swollow Ime Afraid

Even Though The Bankrupcy Has Been Discharged.

It Will Still Stay On Your Credit File For Six Years

Thanks - I found that out before I went to court - I made sure I knew the consequences well in advance and got advice from a number of sources regarding my debts.

The only issue I now have is that Welcome are still chasing and refusing to change my credit files!:(

Good Luck!

Ste

There is one ray of light at the end of the tunnel - in October last year I managed to get a contract mobile which I am religeously paying each month, and this will be boosting my credit file every month.

This has gotta be a bonus???

Ste

Good Luck!

Ste

Ok

Send Welcome A Letter By Recorded Delievery

I Know You Have Allready Done It But

Send It Again To The Address Below

Enclose Your Bankrupcy Cirtificate (copy) Or Number

Demand They Remove Themselves From Your Crdit Files And Call Off Mr Cohen

Tell Them Any Further Action Is A Offence Under The Addmin Of Justice Act And Further Action Will Be Taken

Send Recorded Delievery And Say That This Letter Is Subject To There Complaints Procedure

Welcome Financial Services

Compliance

Ruddington Fields Biz Park

Ruddington

Nottingham

Ng11 6nz

TRY A CAP 1 CARD IF YOU CAN STOMACH THE 35% APR

Thanks - I will try writing again - I have tried Capital 1 but have been turned down a few times over the last few yrs! The only offer I have had was from a dodgy loan broker company who want a £55 payment up front!

I might not be the brightest bulb in the pack but I'm not that dim!

Ste

Good Luck!

Ste

Not Wentworth Or Yes Loans Was It

Have You Tried Vanquish

High Apr Again Though

Wentworth was the one! Funny that - I didn't even mention the name but you knew! That tallies up with about 70 per cent of the research that I did today - when they phone me back tomorrow they will be getting told to remove me from their systems!

I have tried Vanquish by the way. At the moment I only have pre paid cards - and only one of them has a credit scoring system.

Good Luck!

Ste

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

It has been a while since I posted on this, so a bit of an update to assist anyone else who may find this useful.....

I got in touch with the information comissioners office and asked them what to do in this case, they told me to get hold of a copy of my statement of affairs from the insolvency service or the local county court where the bankruptcy was declared, then forward this to them.

This would prove that the debt was included in the bankruptcy and they should then instruct the credit reference agencies to amend my credit file to show that the debt is still at default, but also satisfied.

I am waiting for my statement of affairs which should come at some point this week.

I will write at some point (hopefully very soon) with an outcome to the case!

It has been a nightmare going bankrupt, and I would not recommend it and if there was any other way at the time I would have taken it; but at the time there was no other option - this was confirmed with a number of debt management companies and also with citizens advice bureaux.

Please do not think this is an easy way out!

Ste

Good Luck!

Ste

P.S. After much searching, I have found a useful post at MoneySavingExpert.com Forums - View Single Post - Credit Reference File Clean Up Post Bankruptcy

Which should help sort this out......

P.S. (If I am not supposed to put this here please tell me and I will remove it!)

Edited by sjl2
Adding legal bit at end.....

Good Luck!

Ste

Data Protection Register - Entry Details

Registration Number: Z7484777 Date Registered: 21 January 2003

Registration Expires: 20 January 2010

Data Controller: WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD

Address:

KINGSTON HOUSE

CENTRE 27 BUSINESS PARK

WOODHEAD ROAD

BIRSTALL

BATLEY

WF17 9TD

Other Names:

TELEPLAN RENTALS

WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICES

SHOPACHECK FINANCIAL SERVICES

CHEQUE EXPRESS

WATSON PERSONAL FINANCE

MACADAM FINANCE

J H EVANS

P L SCHOFIELD

AAA LOANS

ATLAS COLLECTIONS

WELCOME CAR FINANCE

DIAL4ALOAN

WELCOME MORTGAGES

SHOPACHECK DIRECT

Good Luck!

Ste

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

After many letters, many more calls......

I have been told today (verbally) by Peter in collections department that I have a letter on the way which writes off the debt - and also agrees to correct the credit reference files.......

I think I may actually believe it when I see it in writing!

I think that this has only been resolved by writing to the data controller, so if anyone else is in a similar situation, then the advice I can offer is - find out the data controller by searching the data protection commisioners website and write a "signed for" letter to them threatening them with the data protection commisioners.

Many Thanks to all whose posts have helped - however small or large. It is really appreciated.

Good Luck!

Ste

I think that this entry has been the one item that has been causing many many refused credit cards......

A lot of self control is gonna be needed if I can actually get a credit card now!

Ste

Good Luck!

Ste

restraint please

after i got a clean credit file i applied for a cap 1 card

they gave me a credit limit of 1700 quid

wrote back and demanded it be reduced to 500

every time i got a statement

up went the credit limit

if they dont play ball, go to another provider

you will find loads of people contacting you now for credit

keep self control and good luck

I realise that I need to use incredible self control, but as I work as a mobile computer engineer, there has been a number of times that I have been stuck on the road after 30 hours none - stop; and no money for a travel lodge - it would only be used for essentials!

Many Thanks once again.

Ste

Good Luck!

Ste